Weeks 1-2 (8/1-8/14) Check-in 3/28

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Growing up, what was your dream job?

Re: Weeks 1-2 (8/1-8/14) Check-in 3/28

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 20+3/Aug 12

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out of baby cooperates at the next ultrasound! Otherwise I think we’re out of luck and team green by default lol

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a banana 

Upcoming appointments: April 23...it feels so far away! 

How are you feeling?: Good

Rants/Raves: I’m excited to get the vaccine this week! I’m also not telling anyone in real life I’m getting it because my mom has made several annoying comments about how she thinks it’s not safe during pregnancy even though my midwife and my husband with a PhD in immunology both say it is. I just don’t feel like having the argument. 

Questions: Looking at breast pumps (even though I can’t order one until 30 days before the due date according to my insurance). My insurance covers the spectra S1 and S2 but if I go with the S1 I will still need to pay $75 out of pocket, the S2 is completely covered. Any experiences? Thoughts on which is better? I work from home and the biggest difference seemed to be that you can charge the S1 so it’s a bit more portable whereas the S2 needs to be plugged in? I don’t think I’d be pumping away from home much though...

GTKY: Growing up, what was your dream job? So many different things. I wanted to be marine biologist for a long time (I think really I just wanted to swim with dolphins lol). A teacher was always in the mix. Or an author. 

• @dancingnarwhal I had the S2 and it was great. I didn't really mind plugging it in. That being said for $75 it would be worth it to me to have a little extra flexibility. But if you really don't want to spend that, the S2 was totally fine and great compared to the S9 or the Medela models. Highly recommend. 

I usually pumped at work after mat leave was over but I had outlets so it wasn't a big deal. 

I don't like telling people either I got the vax because they are weird about it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 21 + 2

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: No idea 

Upcoming appointments: April sometime for glucose test, ugh

How are you feeling?: Pretty good! Had my second covid vax shot on Friday and I'm doing fine. Felt tired and a little pukey but it was really not bad at all. So that was great.

Rants/Raves: So much to do with finishing up school and settling into the new house. I know I just have to hang tough for a few more weeks but it's so hard. Ugh.

Questions:

GTKY: Growing up, what was your dream job? Fashion designer or forensic pathologist. But I'm not great at science and the former didn't seem stable enough, so instead I did none of that and ended up in tech.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 21+5/Aug 4

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: 🦚

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a toothbrush 

Upcoming appointments: I'm getting fitted for a back brace today! 

How are you feeling?: Good! I've discovered that working my retail job is harder on my back than my vineyard labour job. So that's interesting. 

Rants/Raves: Somehow after months of being desperate for work, I have my retail job needing me more and 2 vineyards after my time. I've worked the past 8 days and don't have a reprieve until Friday! It feels really good though. 

Questions:NATM 

GTKY: Growing up, what was your dream job? @dancingnarwhal I also wanted to be a marine biologist and a teacher! The biologist part was definitely to hang our with whales and manatees and the like. When I realized it required science I gave up haha.

• @doodlemom131 - haha the realization that marine biology = science is what pretty much killed that dream for me too lol. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/10, 20 weeks + 6 days!

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Banana

Upcoming appointments: 4/2 for monthly appointment and 4/3 for second dose of the Pfizer vaccine

How are you feeling?: Good. Just had the anatomy scan which went well even though the baby was not really cooperating and it felt like it took forever.

Rants/Raves: I'm excited to be fully vaccinated but a little nervous about side effects. I didn't have much of a reaction to the first dose, just a sore arm.

Questions: NATM

GTKY: Growing up, what was your dream job? Probably a veterinarian since we weren't allowed to have pets more interesting than fish or gerbils.

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Aug 10/ 20+6

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Blue!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A banana... I think?

Upcoming appointments: End of April for monthly midwife appt. 

How are you feeling?: Feeling good. I get tired if I am on my feet a lot during the day, but that is to be expected.

Rants/Raves: I slept poorly and am really struggling with motivation today! It is beautiful outside and I just want to be home hanging out with my mom and little guy. 

Questions: None

GTKY: Growing up, what was your dream job? I wanted to be a lawyer since I was little. I actually dressed up as a lawyer for halloween when I was seven. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 22 weeks 1 day

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A coconut, and has hit the 1 pound mark! 

Upcoming appointments: Glucose test is on April 22nd. 

How are you feeling?: I feel really good. I still randomly gag when I'm brushing my teeth, but otherwise I'm okay. I do have several new moles recently. I asked my midwife and she said that's normal, and unless they look oddly shaped, I shouldn't worry. 

Rants/Raves: Yesterday, we finally told some really good friends of ours that we are pregnant. We wanted to tell them in-person, but COVID and other scheduling issues got in the way until now. They supported us a lot emotionally, and some financially during our IVF journey, so it meant a lot to tell them. They both cried! I think now that they know, we will probably do a social media announcement just to cover our bases. I'll see if I can post the photo we are planning to use below:

Questions: NATM

GTKY: Growing up, what was your dream job? I always wanted to do something with plants- a botanist, own a nursery, or do landscape architecture. I still really enjoy plants, but it's probably for the best I didn't end up in that field, because I'm not especially skilled in remembering to water regularly. :P 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: August 6th. 21 weeks and then some 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Maybe pink?? At my ultrasound last Monday the tech's "best guess" was that baby is a girl. I have to return in a few weeks for pictures of the heart (baby wasn't in position) so hopefully we get it confirmed then. I really wouldn't mind being Team Green, but if we're having a boy, I NEED to purge my daughter's old clothes. We just don't have enough room and all the clutter is feeding my anxiety.

Upcoming appointments: I have a repeat anatomy scan in early April (see above). Regular appointment with my OB later that month. I also have two appointments scheduled with cardiology in April due to a mild heart murmur. So April is a busy month! 

How are you feeling?: I'm definitely feeling out of shape now when exercising. I'm frustrated that I get tired and out of breath so easily. 

Rants/Raves: See above for rants. Raves: We trying to get our flooring done in a timely manner. But, with my husband working full time, our two kids, and my husband's insistence on doing everything himself, it is very slow going. My stepdad has offered to come to town for a week to help us finish. I'm hopeful that his help will make a big difference! 

Questions: None at the moment. 

GTKY: Growing up, what was your dream job? I wanted to be a writer. That's still one of my daydreams. 
  • @shoogapoff
    love the announcement pic!