Weeks 3-4 (8/15-8/31) Check-in 3/21

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What do you like about springtime? 

Re: Weeks 3-4 (8/15-8/31) Check-in 3/21

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: August 27/17 + 2

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A Pomegranate

Upcoming appointments: Checkup Next Week

How are you feeling?: Great! Planning to take advantage of feeling good + warmer weather to start getting more active this week.

Rants/Raves: Rave is I love being able to easily find baby’s heartbeat on my home doppler, it’s still such a thrill to listen to. Rant is I’m starting to get “you don’t look pregnant yet” comments and that definitely bums me out.

Questions: None this week

GTKY: Basically everything! I’m lucky to not have much in the way of seasonal allergies, so there’s not a lot of downside to this season for me. Beyond the obvious joy of being able to spend more time outside, I’d say my favorite aspect of spring is getting to have lots of fresh-cut flowers in the house throughout this time of year.

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 16+5

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink

Upcoming appointments: regular OB visit this week

How are you feeling?: physically mostly better. waiting for energy to come back. emotionally i've been having some hard days. i really want to find some support to make life easier. We finally had it figured out ok before COVID, and now I don't know what to do. Family is zero help. I feel like I have no friends since covid, because we actually took restrictions seriously. And we don't have things like the fitness center to destress and drop the kids off for an hour or two. What have you guys figured out?

Rants/Raves: Excited to start working on renovations and decorating the house again (and dreading it at the same time, its so much work!) 

Questions: just under the "how are you feeling"

GTKY: What do you like about springtime? Finally getting outside for more time. It'll still be some time before plants come up around here and trees get leaves, but I can't wait. We live by a small pond and the ducks are back (despite the pond still being mostly frozen), the kids love to feed them! 

@the_most_happy totally agree on the fresh cut flowers!! it makes such a big difference to have them inside, it makes me happy each time i walk by them!

• Loading the player...
  • stimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 17+2

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: pomegranate 

Upcoming appointments: 4/5 with MFM for AS

How are you feeling?: way better! 

Rants/Raves: I got so much done this weekend and my house is actually clean. I almost feel vindicated because I was so out of it the past few months. It’s like proving myself— to myself— that I wasn’t just being lazy and no motivation... it was totally pregnancy related 😂

Questions:

GTKY: What do you like about springtime? Warmer weather! We played outside with DD this weekend. It’s been awful being stuck in the house and I hate the cold. DD started soccer this weekend, so it will be great for her to be able to be active and outside again.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I thought of a question... When taking bump pics, how do you add/ where do you get the "stickers" that say # of weeks? At this rate, this kid will have less than a handful unless I find a way to take and document them myself. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @Kenneylynn3, I use the edit feature in my phones photo library to color over my face but I just realized that I can also add text to the picture.

I have no idea about stickers, but now that I type that, maybe it’s an app like pic stitch.  I use it to do side by side comparison photos when I’ve lost weight, turning in DDs virtual HW written assignments, or to compare DDs growth but it most likely has way more features than what I use it for. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @Kenneylynn3 Baby Pics - Photo Editor and Baby Story are both ones that I had downloaded for my first pregnancy, but it seems they have now moved to subscription based model? I vaguely remember paying like $1.99 for a set of stickers on one of them, but doesn't seem to be available anymore as an option. 

Photofy might be a good free option?
  • @pickle-chips COVID is low here right now but its starting to pick up, and i'm nervous about what's to come. our only babysitter did just get her first vaccine, so we'll have her come occasionally soon. but at $25/hour it just isn't possible to get that much help/ that often. we've tried to find other help but it was hard before covid! the renos used to be an outlet, and now they're just another burden! i've been working on the basement since before covid and our kitchen has been half ripped up since we replaced the countertops last year to fix a broken pipe that was gushing water into the newly drywalled basement! On another note, I hear you on the cleaning! I've been crazy cleaning too and packing stuff up for donating/ trashing as well. Have to declutter! And then having the windows open, its sooo nice. But I agree. after bath/ bedtime, I'm totally spent, too.
  • @litzi-2 ugh yeah, the cost definitely makes babysitting an every now and then thing, but exciting that she got her first vaccine!
    Not that it helps with doing things together, but MH and I trade naps on the weekends. So on Saturday, when our youngest is napping from 12-3, he will hangout with our oldest and I am free to do what I want. Most of the time I nap, but sometimes I will go out and run a few errands or meet up with a friend or go for a walk. Then on Sunday, MH takes 12-3 to do whatever (he almost always naps).
  • @pickle-chips thats a good idea of how to use that time. which just means i probably need to get up earlier than the kids to get a workout in and do a much better job at prepping dinner in advance! my organizational skills need to get kicked up a bit.
  • @litzi-2 I’m sorry you’re struggling right now! I was really down last month about COVID isolation, and I can’t even imagine how much tougher it is with kids. I think if cases are low in general and your friends have also been taking precautions, it wouldn’t be crazy to start opening up your bubble to at least see a few people on a limited basis again! That could go a long way towards making you feel more human and normal.

@Kenneylynn3 thanks for asking that because I didn’t know either! I’ve taken zero bump pics and this is baby #1 for me, so I really have no excuse lol.

@pickle-chips right there with you on the cleaning/nesting! I’m going room by room and organizing every drawer/shelf/cabinet etc. Very satisfying!

@emmylou78 I had that same thought of “am I just using pregnancy as an excuse to be lazy?” Especially because I had so few “concrete” symptoms in first trimester, I really didn’t realize I was legitimately feeling off until it passed. Glad to be through that period, even if I got lucky overall!

• My sleep is crap already and I'm little worried. Just seem to wake up randomly (or with weird dreams) by 4 or 530 most days and have hard time falling back asleep. 

Nausea little better and I can drink coffee again!!! But just have general lack of appetite... nothing sounds good.