Infertility

March FET Group (Frozen Embryo Transfers)

Re: March FET Group (Frozen Embryo Transfers)

• @sfield21 so glad it went smoothly today!!
  • Started having some dull cramping this AM, seems to come and go. Boobs are getting increasingly sore also. Was super tired again this morning after waking and dozed a little while DD watched some Paw Patrol after breakfast. Oof. The only symptom I really remember from my first transfer was spotting from around 7-9 DPT and I haven't seen that yet. 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Loading the player...
  • Sounds like good symptoms to have! You are much stronger than I am.... I start testing around 4 or 5 dp5dt. Lol I go a little nutty! 
    Fingers crossed for you!! 🤞🏻❤️
  • @mbradfo2 such promising signs!!! Grow baby grow!!!

AFM I'm on CD10 waiting to schedule my first FET. I took letrozole on CDs 3-7 and then went in for bloodwork and an ultrasound today hoping that they'd have me trigger in the next day or 2 and then start my progesterone protocol. Imagine me looking forward to a shot! Who am I?? But No luck yet!

They want me back in at 8:15 tomorrow. Today's results showed a 20.1mm follicle and an 11mm follicle on my right ovary and no measurable ones on my left. Lining was 6.6mm and multilayered. Blood estrogen level was 193 and progesterone and LH were both low which they said corresponded correctly with what they saw in the US. They want my lining to thicken some more before next steps. I'm an expert at waiting if nothing else, so I made sourdough foccacia bread for lunch.
  • Went to my appointment today, RE started me on Estrace 2x a day, she said she has to biopsy my lining and then do transfer, has anyone hrd of this?

@thezaltyberger looks like ur almost close to transfer, so exciting
  • @vl__2019: is it an ERA they want you to do? If so, I had that done before my last 2 transfers. It is to help see if they are transferring at the optimal window of implantation for your body.
  • @vlr2015 does it hurt? And does it push back the transfer date?
  • I won't lie...it did hurt. The worst part for me was right after when I sat up...I felt light headed and nauseous. But after about 15 mins I was fine.

I had to go through a practice "cycle" to do it...meds, blood work, ultrasounds and then biopsy and then it toom about 2 weeks for my results....so for that "cycle" I didn't transfer.
  • Hi Ladies, I had my transfer on 3/3 and had positive hcgs but today Suddenly very heavy bleeding started. Dr told me if heavy bleeding does not stop I should go to ER. If it stops or gets lighter then i will be seen tomorrow. It started to get lighter now. Has anyone had similar experience? Thanks..
  • @vl__2019
    I haven't had the ERA but I've heard it can be a little painful, but it's over quickly. Normally it's done during a mock cycle -- you do the same meds, bloodwork, ultrasounds as a regular one, but you do the biopsy rather than transferring.

I'm sorta getting tempted to test tonight but I know it's still pretty early and I'm nervous about a BFN upsetting me. I also don't have any tests at home, so I'd have to go buy some and it's 10 pm here lol. And then I'd have to explain to DH why I wanted to go out to the drug store before it closes (maybe 11??) and he would probably tell me to wait. I'll probably wait until Friday to do any testing -- that would be 7 dpt. 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @clare40 maybe u have a subchorionic hematoma, that happens alot in ivf pregnancies i read. Hope your doing ok, hoping the bleeding stops.
  • edited March 2021
    @clare40 (((hugs))) bleeding can be scary - lots of times everything is fine.  Hope that is the case for you as well!  GL today when you see your doctor....

@mbradfo2. Eep!  IKWYM!!!  I will have this horrid trigger on board too; I am torn between testing it out or having to wait extra long?  Anything in that borderline early test time could totally still be trigger so I just don't know if I want to do that to myself.... 😬 I have had better results waiting till 7 or 8dpt is even better👍 fx for good news soon!!!
  • sfield21sfield21 member
    edited March 2021
    @clare40 I’ll put sensitive info in spoiler....

@clare40sorry to hear you are bleeding that can be very scary and alarming. My last pregnancy I had a subchorionic hemmorage and bled a few times, but a lot of blood. Waking up soaking wet and pouring down my leg, I was sitting on the toilet and my husband thought I was peeing, but it was blood. I went to emerge a couple times and almost past out, then puked. It wasn’t fun.... but baby was totally fine. 

I hope you get checked out one way or another and can have your mind eased. Sending you hugs. ❤️
  • @dukie001 where you at? How are you feeling? Checking in and thinking of you ❤️ 
  • Hey guys! Trying to catch up here! Sorry if I missed anyone.
    @thezaltyberger Thank you for checking on me 🥰 I’ve been super busy lately with work. I’m doing ok. My transfer didn’t work. I know a lot of people would say that it’s too early to count myself out and I should wait until beta, but you guys know - sometimes you just feel those types of things. And I just know it’s not there. I had a very low chance from the beginning, so I’m not devastated. I’m not lucky enough to get a “miracle” here. I’m not trying to be pessimistic, just realistic. So now I’m thinking through my next steps. Probably would do what doctor recommended- a mini-IVF.  So just waiting till official blood work confirms the negative, so I can stop the meds. 
    Your FET is coming up, eeeek so exciting!!!!!
    @sfield21 and @mbradfo2 fingers crossed for yours positives. 
    @clare40 bleeding is always scary. Hang on there, a lot of time it’s just it while the baby is absolutely ok. Praying all is good and the babe is safe. 
    @vl__2019 good luck to you with ERA. It’s probably a right move that your doctor is racing making sure everything is timed right.  
  • I’m sorry @dukie001 ❤️ I know exactly what you mean about “just knowing.” I knew a week early that neither of my IUIs worked. What is a mini IVF cycle?

@clare40 that is SO scary. Don’t lose hope yet, though I know that’s much easier said than done. Bleeding can happen for so many reasons.

AFM I had my second round of bloodwork and an ultrasound this morning. I’m waiting for a call to see if I can trigger. The ultrasound tech told me that my lining is multilayered and 8.6mm thick, up from 6.6mm yesterday. Seems like quite the jump overnight, no? I think 8mm might be the magic number to get the ball rolling.

The phlebotomist hit a nerve when drawing blood this morning, which sent an abrupt electric shock all the way down my arm to the tips of my fingers. I was fine a few minutes later, but freaked out because that never happened before. 
  • @dukie001 sorry to hear about your transfer. I felt the same with my last transfer and I tested at home which was negative so I called the clinic and did bloodwork on 9DP instead of 12. Then I could stop the meds early. Which I’m doing pio shots by myself, so anything to stop those early! 

@thezaltyberger ouch!! That doesn’t sound fun! I hate when they bring in new people and they have to poke you multiple times but I can only imagine hitting a nerve. I don’t actually know how they do it ... some people are just flawless at drawing blood. 
    Glad to hear your lining is 8.6! That’s awesome! My clinic wants over 8, so hopefully you get to trigger tonight! 🤞🏻☺️
  • dukie001dukie001 member
    edited March 2021
    @thezaltyberger mini-IVF is a lower doses of stim meds, of course there is a certain system to it, where they stim you a certain way. It results in lower quantity of eggs produced, but improve the quality of the eggs. My issue was the quality. My old clinic concentrated on getting as many as possible. They retrieved 21 eggs and 18 were mature. My new doctor believes they sacrificed the quality. So he want to do different protocol. 
    Edit: your lining is definitely ready for that embaby ❤️
  • @thezaltyberger yay so exciting !!!
  • @thezaltyberger yay!!! :smiley:
    Can you share your sourdough focaccia bread recipe? We just started making sourdough from a starter we got at Christmas. 
  • Thank you all for your comments; each one of them helped me to feel calmer and I had an ultrasound this morning and everything is looking good. Bleeding source is unknown but did not affect the baby ☺️💕
  • @clare40 im so happy everything is fine!!❤️❤️
  • I’m so happy for you @clare40!!!!

Certainly @sfield21 and if you ever want to trade recipes, I’m a former professional baker :) I tried this recipe for the first time and it was an absolute hit!
    https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/recipes/sourdough-focaccia-recipe

• Had a meeting with RE today, u was right @vlr2015 its the ERA she wants to do, she said its an extra $700 to do the one that helps them determine implantation that isn’t covered by insurance but the biopsy to see if there’s any bacteria in the lining it covered. Down fall is I wouldn’t b able to to transfer this cycle would have to wait till next cycle. What is everyone’s opinion should i do it? Does the ERA really matter?
  • I’m new here, just curious if anyone has had similar experiences. I did the receptiva and era tests back in November. They determined I was pre-receptive and positive for the BCL6 protein. BCL6 is indicative of endometriosis even though I had a laparoscopy and excision the previous year (only stage 2). Did Lupron Depot for 2 months to try to get rid of the endometrial tissue.

We did and FET on 03/15 and first beta was only 11 so preparing for a CP. Anyone had similar treatments? Any advice?
  • vl__2019vl__2019 member
    edited March 2021
    @jrowrow111 do u think the ERA worked for you? Do u think it was worth doing?
  • Well I’m 5DP5DT and got a positive this morning on a FRER pink dye. 

Yesterday I tried with a cheapie and it just barely showed, like a real squinter!! This morning the cheapie was a tad bit darker, so I tried with a frer at lunch and it was definitely there. :) photo below in 2nd spoiler 

• @sfield21 yay!!! Definitely see it!!!! Congratulations ❤️❤️❤️
  • @sfield21 congratulations!!!
  • @sfield21 WooHoo!! Congratulations!!! 
    Me: 34 DH: 43
    Our Journey for #1
    2014 -- Started TTC casually
    2017 -- Discovered MFI but didn't move forward with treatment due to expense and grad school
    Spring 2019 -- Started with RE and confirmed MFI 
    Fall 2019 -- 3 cycles of Clomid and TI, 3 BFNs, discovered hostile cervical mucus was also contributing
    Spring/Summer 2020 -- 3 cycle of IUI, 3 BFNs
    Nov 2020 - First IVF with 3 little frosties, had to change to freeze all due to OHSS
    Feb 16, 2021 - FET #1 - BFP! Beta #1 100 Beta # 2 541 EDD 11/4/2021

• @sfield21 yay!! congrats!! Such a strong line at 5dp5dt!!
  • Thanks so much everyone! Still a long way to go, but it’s a step in the right direction. I’m very happy :blush:
  • It showed that I was pre-receptive which basically confirmed my assumption but they did adjust the time between starting progesterone and transfer per the number of hours the ERA recommended 
  • Awesome beta @mbradfo2!! Enjoy your celebratory dinner!! 

My clinic is going to bring me in Thursday and Saturday for betas. 9 and 11 days past. 
  • @mbradfo2 yay congratulations!!! Cant wait till i get to transfer 
  • Omg @mbradfo2 congratulations!!!
  • @mbradfo2 congratulations 🎈