Options

Weekly Check-in, 3/22 (9/1-9/15)

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: How did you meet your significant other?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Weekly Check-in, 3/22 (9/1-9/15)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/8, 15w5d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a pear

Upcoming appointments: I have my first in person appointment with my OB tomorrow

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Been dealing with an SCH the last couple of weeks, which is stressful. Apparently, even two doctors and most of Google telling me I'm fine can't hold off all my anxiety. But I just keep reminding myself that the doctor said he wasn't concerned at all, and hopefully that will help soon

Rants/Raves: It is 18C here today and supposed to be 19C tomorrow! I've had the windows open all day and it's so lovely and comfortable in here. Now we just need all the snow to melt in the backyard and I can start enjoying the spring

Questions:

GTKY: How did you meet your significant other? We were part of a mock parliament organization when we were younger. We became friends and then started dating 3 years later.
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 15 + 4

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Avacado

Upcoming appointments: phone appointment with my family doctor tomorrow

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Just starting to be aware of my uterus

Rants/Raves: none. 

Questions: none. 

GTKY: How did you meet your significant other? We met at an open mic.  We both played our sets and he approached me outside and it's been history since then. 
  • Options
    @williams-jen I have these button extenders for my jeans that DH got me from Amazon, and they are super helpful for the current jeans situation haha

@mugged oh no!! Hopefully YH’s test comes back negative!

@feelingjovani the waiting must be so hard!! Hopefully they’ll be able to tell at the US!

@sawasap sorry for the SCH stress. When I had mine I had literally every person who did an US tell me how it looked even though they all told me they weren’t concerned. It’s definitely hard to not be nervous about. If it helps you feel better, mine is absorbed already, so hopefully yours will be gone soon! I spent a ton of time on the couch, and DH did literally everything for me. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/11 (15+2)

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an eclair 

Upcoming appointments: seeing my OB a week from tomorrow

How are you feeling?: pretty good, a little anxious for literally no reason at all and I’m not really sure why. Definitely emotional...I had a complete mental breakdown this morning because I didn’t have lunch to bring to work so that was not great. 

Rants/Raves: my family does a March madness pool every year, and I’m looking pretty good to potentially win! It’s such a fun thing to do because you literally need to know nothing about basketball but it just makes the games really fun to watch. 

Questions: Nope

GTKY: How did you meet your significant other? We met when we were 14 (high school sweethearts lol), but we’re not into each other at all until our junior year of high school. Then we were suddenly very into each other and have been together since our senior year with a small breakup for 3 months in college. Fun fact: our moms actually both independently thought we would be so cute together freshman year, and we both were pretty much like “ew no”. Here we are lol, I guess always trust a moms instinct?
  • Options
    ageaagea member
    I am loving all of these love stories! They’re all so adorable and unique.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/8, 15+5

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an orange 

Upcoming appointments: I saw my new OB today. She was fine but I like my old OB better, boohoo.
    I have a 16w anatomy scan on Thursday that H can attend too!

How are you feeling?: ok. Still have to be very sensitive about eating the right thing around the clock as to not trigger the nausea gods but otherwise better than before.

Rants/Raves: I am LOVING the warmer weather. My soul is returning to life.

Questions: anyone else just wearing leggings/sweats and avoiding both mat clothes and real clothes? Or just me?

GTKY: How did you meet your significant other?
    We were at a bar. I passed a drunk English man  on the stairs on his phone. He looked up at me and said “you and the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen in New York”. I said “thank you” and carried on.
    A few minutes later a glass of champagne arrived at my table from said dude. He was being a little douchey in his slightly intoxicated banter, ordered jäger bombs 🙈. But he stayed and talked a while, told me we were going to get married and even named our kids. Anyway, he got the names wrong but the rest right. That was 8 years ago and we’ve been married 5.5.
  • Options
    @runningoncookies I am so bad at not doing things. First trimester, when I was tired all the time, I lay around and didn't do much. And the five days between the ER visit and being diagnosed via ultrasound, I definitely lay around a lot. But now I'm so restless, I just want to go back to doing things. I'm glad to hear yours absorbed. Hoping that's the case for me by the time I go back
  • Options
    This one is really fun! I’m loving all the stories 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/6 15+1

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: soda can

Upcoming appointments: Nothing until April

How are you feeling?: I am FINALLY feeling like I have a little energy to do things. I’ve been enjoying long walks with DD1 and DD2 in the beautiful weather.

Rants/Raves: Loving this weather and vaccinations, but wishing people would hold on just a little longer!!! We had a few nice days of non-covid patients but now we’re right back in it at work.

Questions: 

GTKY: How did you meet your significant other? He was a friend of friends. They invited me to trivia night at a local dive bar, and he was there. They all smoked back then except for him and I so in between rounds we’d talk and really came to enjoy each other’s company. I had just ended an abusive relationship and did not want to date at the time and he respected that. He always made me feel safe/respected and in charge of my own body and he still does. We were friends for a year. Then, I made a move and the rest is history! We’ve been together almost 11 years and married for 6.5 now.
  • Options
    @sawasap I needed a TON of encouragement from DH at the beginning to sit my butt on the couch all day haha. By the time it absorbed I felt like I was ready to go walk like 5 miles I was so restless! So I definitely get it...it’s tough!
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 15 weeks, 1 day

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a pear

Upcoming appointments: 18 week checkup on April 13, anatomy scan on April 22. They just lifted the restrictions for ultrasounds, so DH can come with me for that. He is SO excited!

How are you feeling?: I actually wanted to eat today! Still disgusted by vegetables, but Getting there. I think I am getting some energy back, too. I told a few more people I'm pregnant, which makes it feel much more real (apparently 2 ultrasounds and hearing the heartbeat didn't do the trick 😂)!

Rants/Raves: DH and I really fell behind on housework during first tri. Hoping we can get a lot of de-cluttering done next weekend! 

Questions: Nope.

GTKY: How did you meet your significant other? My college roommate set us up. They worked together and she thought we might hit it off! 
  • Options
    ladylynn222ladylynn222 member
    edited March 2021
    Hey ladies! I’ve been kinda mia the past month. Things have just been blah. My anxiety was acting up, throwing up a lot and just not feeling the greatest all around. But I’m feeling tons better now and plan on being more active again! Can’t wait to catch up 😁

edit: realized I posted this in the wrong post so going to go ahead and post in the right one 🙃