Weeks 3-4 (8/15-8/31) Check-in 3/14

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What is the best concert you’ve been to? Or what band/singer would you like to see? 

Re: Weeks 3-4 (8/15-8/31) Check-in 3/14

• EDD/Weeks + Days: August 26th, 16w3d

Team: finding out

Baby is the size of: a dill pickle! 💚

Upcoming appointments: I have a mental health check-in with my family doctor this week—just a phone call. 

How are you feeling?: Today was a good day physically. I had a lot of energy and power cleaned the house. But I’ve been so irritable, I just want my incredibly annoying family to leave me alone (I love them, but go away please).

Rants/Raves: daylight savings is also grinding my gears today, but I am so excited that it’s almost spring. Longer, warmer days! 

Questions: NATM.

GTKY: What is the best concert you’ve been to? Or what band/singer would you like to see? Snow Patrol at the Greek Theatre in LA is probably the top of my list, Hot Hot Heat opened so that was a bonus! I also thought Tegan and Sara were really fun to see live. The most random concert I’ve been to was Aqua (as in Barbie Girl, Aqua) when I was maybe 10 years old. I was supposed to see Jimmy Eat World last April, but obviously it was cancelled 😞. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: August 27/16 + 2

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Yesterday the daily "your baby is the size of" update on the Bump app was "a CD," and for some reason it's really cracking me up thinking about a very flat baby.

Upcoming appointments: End of the month for a regular check-up.

How are you feeling?: Good!

Rants/Raves: All raves this week- physically I feel great, I'm enjoying being able to talk more about this pregnancy now that I'm solidly in the second trimester, this spring weather is awesome, I'm so psyched for longer days, I'm fully vaccinated as of this past Thursday (two weeks since my second shot)... just feel like a lot of stuff that I've been eagerly waiting for is all coming about at once.

Questions: A pregnant celeb I follow on Insta did an ad for cord blood banking recently (lol)- is that something I should be looking into more? Don't know anything about it.

GTKY: I'm not much of a concert person, I went to lots as a teenager but I'm struggling to think of many I've been to as an adult/that would reflect my current taste in music. I saw Lady Gaga freshman year of college, that was pretty cool I guess? But overall just not my scene.

@pickle-chips sorry about your family, I know that feeling though! Are they doing anything in particular that's driving you nuts?

• Loading the player...
  • pickle-chipspickle-chips member
    edited March 2021
    @the_most_happy haha no just talking to me and being near me 😆 That is so exciting that you are fully vaccinated!
  • grogugrogu member
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: August 28, 16+1

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a navel orange

Upcoming appointments: Wednesday for my 16 week check in

How are you feeling?: Depends on the moment. Mostly good. I'm exhausted and my pelvis hurts. I'm pretty sure baby has been kicking my ovarian cyst so that's fun. Also having Braxton Hicks. 

Rants/Raves: I could sleep all day and this weekend has gone too fast. 
    DH has been working on my car most of the weekend and super grumpy about it. Ugh, I didn't ask for all the extra crap he is doing. He
    Decided to paint the roof and wheels black as well as add a stripe down the hood. 🙄 I just wanted a dent fixed 🤣

GTKY: What is the best concert you’ve been to? Or what band/singer would you like to see? 
    I've seen mother mother 6 times and they always blow me away. My favorite concert was the beaches and said the whale at the Malkin bowl in Stanley park. It was such a beautiful outdoor venue.
  • @pickle-chips totally valid! My patience is definitely shorter these days all around. And thank you!
  • @the_most_happy I looked into cord blood banking last time and decided against it. It's sold as "biological insurance" but chance of being able to use it is lower if it's for tx of cancer (with possible genetic component etc). Cost of private banking is also an issue (generally few hundred bucks annually as long as you bank it). you can't do delayed cord clamping AND cord blood banking - we opted for delayed cord clamping as it seemed to have much more immediate benefit for the baby. 
  • @the_most_happy I also looked into cord blood donation, but it isn't available at my hospital. It could be something to consider.  
  • Agree with @hannelorre - you're effectively saving it hoping it could be useful someday vs something we know is useful (delayed cord clamping).
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • @cyanope I grew up in a town not far from where Dallas is from. It had a pretty big music scene so he and the guys from Alexisonfire moved there. I once ran into him in my video store when I was about 17! We didn't bug him, but it was fun. I love his music and the Mashup with Pink is a solid cry-to album.
  • @loloyoyo26 Floydfest! I’ve never actually been but I went to Virginia Tech for undergrad so I spent a lot of time around there. Floyd is the cutest place ever, I miss it.
  • @the_most_happy, and here I was thinking what are the odds that anyone would know what it was, lol.  I’m still in the area but I hadn’t been since having my daughter. 

I do like Floyd- my husband surprised me with a short honeymoon up in Floyd this past September. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @loloyoyo26 aww that's so sweet! During college my H and I used to do occasional date afternoons in Floyd when we just needed to get out of Blacksburg for a bit... we'd hit up the Country Store lunch counter and then just browse around all the weird little hippie shops, love those memories.
  • OMG I love Tegan and Sara @cyanope @pickle-chips. Been loving them since 2002! Listen to them most days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/28 16+5

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:Team Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: I don't know right now

Upcoming appointments: I was supposed to have one today, but since I'm still snowed in and I was there last week I cancelled my appt. Next one is april 15 with AS

How are you feeling?: Still nauseous and throwing up usually once in the morning. 

Rants/Raves: sorry I've been so absent. With the snow storm we've been having a lot of outdoor time and DW hasn't been to work so we've been trying to get some things done around the house. 

Questions: natm

GTKY: What is the best concert you’ve been to? Or what band/singer would you like to see? I have not been to many, but snow patrol was my favorite. They aren't really my scene.

@cyanope have fun camping! I can't wait until summer!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @claireloSC The Con, So Jelaous and Sainthood are probably my favourite albums in that order. But I am just generally stuck in the early 2000s with my music tastes. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/28, 16+5

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an orange I think 

Upcoming appointments: 4/5 with MFM for AS

How are you feeling?: better these last couple of days. I’m still sick in the evenings occasionally and mild headaches daily, but it’s much improved this week.

Rants/Raves: it’s been a crazy busy week at work. I asked for a few vacation days for spring break. We can’t go anywhere officially but I need some days off! I hate using PTO knowing I’ll need it for FMLA but oh well. My sanity needs it! 

Questions:

GTKY: What is the best concert you’ve been to? Or what band/singer would you like to see?  Anything country. Probably Toby Keith. We were in Panama City Beach in college when Kenny Chesney through a surprise free concert. That was fun! We all thought it was a crazy rumor! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @pickle-chips haha me too! Those are great albums. Can't go wrong with any Tee and Ess though!
  • @doodlemom131, sorry...I've been BUSY during Spring Break and haven't had a chance to "Bump." I feel like no one ever knows City and Colour! And seriously...that album with Pink is so phenomenal!