Weeks 1-2 (8/1-8/14) Check-in 3/14

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What is the best concert you’ve been to? Or what band/singer would you like to see?

Re: Weeks 1-2 (8/1-8/14) Check-in 3/14

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: August 6th. 19 weeks + 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out in a week! 

Upcoming appointments: Feb 22nd for regular OB appt and mid pregnancy ultrasound.

How are you feeling?: Lots of aches and pains. Now that I'm feeling baby move I'm having a lot of anxiety on the days that I don't feel it move. Logically, I know it's still early, but this fear gets me every pregnancy. 

Rants/Raves: I get to see my mom on Thursday for the first time since November! Meeting her and my stepfather in San Diego for a long weekend with the kids. 

Questions: None at the moment! 

GTKY: What is the best concert you’ve been to? Or what band/singer would you like to see? We've seen Michael Franti several times. He always puts on a high energy, fun show. We had plans last June to travel to Colorado and go to Red Rocks Amphitheater for a concert and weekend get away. Unfortunately, like many things last year, that didn't happen.

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Aug 1st 20 weeks!! 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: 💚

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a sweet potato or stapler. 

Upcoming appointments: AS tomorrow!!

How are you feeling?: Feeling good. I cleaned out our front flower beds on Friday, and that took it out of me. But it feels good to be more active now. 

Rants/Raves: I'm so nervous/ excited about our AS. I'm really happy MH gets to see the baby for the first time. 

Questions: Is anyone else not feeling baby yet? I have had things I thought could be movement, but they aren't consistent and I don't feel confident that they are baby. 

GTKY: What is the best concert you’ve been to? Or what band/singer would you like to see?

MH and I love Coheed and Cambria. They always put on a good show. But I had the most fun seeing Dispatch live. 

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Aug 12/ 18w3d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out on Friday!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a cucumber 

Upcoming appointments: AS on Friday! 

How are you feeling?: Feeling good. I'm really glad the weather is starting to warm out so I can get outside and be more active.

Rants/Raves: I'm really excited for Friday! I'm excited to see the baby, find out the sex, and it's the first appointment my husband will be coming to so I'm excited for him to be a part of it :)

Questions: People with dogs (or other pets) what did you do with them when you went into labor. We don't have family that lives near by, we don't live close enough to the hospital that my husband and just pop back real quick to let her out. We do have a day-care for her so that's an option. Or we could ask our parents to come out for the baby and watch our dog. Just wondering what other people have done. 

GTKY: What is the best concert you’ve been to? Or what band/singer would you like to see? Probably an unpopular opinion but I don't really enjoy concerts. I've never bought myself tickets to a concert, I've either been gifted tickets or been invited along with someone else. They just aren't really my thing.

@shoogapoff - I'm a couple weeks behind you but haven't felt any baby movement yet.

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Aug 4/19+4

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:🐢

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Artichoke/ foot is thr size of a pop can tab

Upcoming appointments: Tuesday for AS and follow up with GP and OB Thursday 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Was very sore at work last night. I've had increasing tinnitus and headaches. 

Rants/Raves: My dog was having some fear issues leaving the house and after 2 weeks of training she's already thrilled a out going into the garage and leaving all the time!

I also made a pumpkin pie today, damn I wish I was better at baking. The crust doesn't look quite right. Hopefully next time!

Questions: none

GTKY: What is the best concert you’ve been to? Or what band/singer would you like to see? Hmm this is hard. I might say one of my first, The Distillers, a female led punk band in the 2000s. I was probably like 14 but it was a blast crowd surfing and moshing.

@coastalmomma3 that's so nice you will get to see your mom! I'll be going on 2 years by the next time I see mine, probably after babe is born.

@shoogapoff congrats on thr 20wks! You're half way there. I'm not sure if I'm feeling babe yet. I have lots of gas moving around, which I know is gas, but there are also other things that I'm not sure about. I've heard that if you see and feel it at your AS you can better make that connect. 

• @dancingnarwhal my in laws will probably take my dog, but if we didn't have them, we have a dog walker who could take her overnight. I've found getting involved in the local dog community on Instagram to be a good source of making new friends, and perhaps someone who could take your pooch overnight.
  • @dancingnarwhal, yikes. I hadn't even thought about what we'd do with the dog. We got him after my second child was born. I'm glad you brought it up! Likely, we'll send him to doggie daycare/boarding. Really hoping that I don't go into labor at midnight again like I did with my daughter... Not a convenient time to need help when there's no family around and support services (daycare) aren't open. 

@doodlemom131, that is such a long time. I'm so sorry to hear that. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Aug 6/ 19+3

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: I can't keep track anymore! Bigger than last week. lol.

Upcoming appointments: AS on Friday.

How are you feeling?: More achey but otherwise pretty good! 

Rants/Raves: SOOOO excited about the new house. My landlord is being a PITA and showing our apartment all the time in a pandemic so we're gonna try to move out this weekend even though we have weeks of notice left on the place.

GTKY: What is the best concert you’ve been to? Or what band/singer would you like to see? Patti Smith has still got it. Really enjoyed that. It was at The Fillmore in San Francisco and I was right in front. A really fun an intimate show.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • @shoogapoff, Coheed is AMAZING live. I think I’ve seen them 3 or 4 times, and they never disappoint! 
  • edited March 2021

Sorry late to the party!

@dancingnarwhal check with your doggy daycare to see if they do maternity reservations (or whatever they call it). Our kennel guaranteed they had room for them for the two weeks before and two weeks after my due date. We arranged with a friend to drop them off when I went into labor if we couldn’t do drop off. I ended up getting induced, so my husband was able to take them in. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Aug 10/19+4

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: 💙

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an artichoke? (I think?)

Upcoming appointments: End if April for midwife check up. 

How are you feeling?: Feeling pretty good with just the normal pregnancy gripes  I am absolutely spent by 8:30pm, and in bed asleep by 9.

Rants/Raves: I hate daylight savings time. That is all  

Questions: NATM

GTKY: What is the best concert you’ve been to? Or what band/singer would you like to see? @shoogapoff I am also a huge Coheed fan! They were the last concert I saw before the lockdown and it was a great one. I love festivals so my favorite concerts are more a collection of bands than one single act. Looking forward to Jazz Fest which is rescheduled for October. 🎶