September 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms 2/22

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 2/22

• @nasalot188 congratulations! That's awesome! 🎉
  • Loading the player...
  • @nasalot188 congrats!!!! that’s huge! it happens way too often. must feel so good to know that you’re working for a company who values what you bring to the table in all seasons of your life outside of work.
  • @nasalot188 congrats!!  That’s super awesome. 
  • @nasalot188 that's amazing!  Congrats!

Pregnancy Ticker

• @nasalot188 that is great! Congrats!
  • I finally started the name changing process after getting married in 2019.  They had me write my new signature for my driver's licence.  I was not prepared for that whatsoever, I don't think I have ever handwritten my husband's last name. 
  • ageaagea member
    @deziraywatt loling at this.
    better practice and get used to it!
    I just sign my initials at this point for my signature everywhere.
  • @deziraywatt every once in a while I misspell my last name (officially changed it about 3 years ago - 3 years after we got married...) when signing something...I replace an a with an o..it only happens if I'm signing fast and I always hope no one notices. To my credit there are 2 other o's in my last name, so I feel like it's a somewhat easy mistake.
  • @deziraywatt pretty sure half the time I sign my name the first letter of my last name is more of an S than a B like it's supposed to be.  No one can read my actual signature so I guess it doesn't really matter lol.

@sleepydaze when we found out it was twins DH and I were going over what we would need 2 of and he said 2 changing tables.  I was like ummm no don't think I can change more than one baby at a time.  2 cribs, yes...2 car seats, yes...2 changing tables...umm no.  And I actually just sold our changing table from DD.  There's not really enough room so we're just going to get a low dresser from Ikea and use that.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @deziraywatt I changed my name when I got married 10 years ago and I always spell my last name wrong when I sign things. The last letter of it is y and I always sign it as a z lol

@sleepydaze We're also going to be getting a new vehicle before this one is born. We currently have a grand caravan, but we'll likely switch to a Toyota Sienna so we can easily fit a 4th carseat (and our original plan of buying a used vehicle for a few years and upgrading to a newer one aligns with this timeline which worked out well). I'm so excited!
  • Congratulations @nasalot188! How exciting for you!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @emjeve Totally enjoy the quiet!! There will always be things for you to do, and they can usually be done when the kids are around. Enjoy the silence and relax while you can! 
  • Good luck @runningonindie !! The market is still wild where we live. My friends were one of 16 showings on a listings first day the other week
  • ageaagea member
    The real estate market is out of control rn, I hope you get it!
  • @agea @whatabout2ndbreakfast the market is WILD. last offer we made was one of 10 offers on the same house. houses are going in 24-48 hours. still waiting patiently but in the meantime we have an additional showing tonight. Im bringing my uncle who is an architect to assess a few of the improvements I hope to make. Fingers crossed. 
  • @runningonindie fingers crossed your offer is accepted!  The market where I'm at is insane. We were considering moving because with the baby coming we now need a 4 bedroom. But there are exactly ZERO houses for sale right now in my area. Houses are selling in a day, with no contingencies... it's all just so overwhelming.  I think we are either going to have to build new (which I don't want) or add a basement bedroom until things calm down. 
  • @kissyfir1586 luckily we have no contingency either but these people are already ticking us off 😂😂 I was feeling confident this morning and now I’m feeling like it’s not gonna happen. Ugh. I just want to get the ball rolling because I don’t want to move 8 months pregnant but I also don’t want to settle and it’s very hard to find everything I’m looking for. 
  • ageaagea member
    @runningonindie I have moved at 8m pregnant and not ideal. Better before than right after baby is born though!
  • @agea I moved with a 2 week old last year..not ideal at all! We actually had to go and sign all the official paperwork 2 days after I got out of the hospital but since it was in the thick of COVID crazyness we got to sign everything from our car! 
  • kissyfir1586kissyfir1586 member
    edited March 2021
    Psa - if anyone is looking for comfy maternity clothes for summer, Old Navy had several types of loose fitting drawstring shorts (pants too). They are not maternity but fit perfectly right now and have some room to grow with the drawstring.  

I tried shopping for actual maternity clothes today at Target and it was a total fail. Maternity clothes are just awful in so many ways. I actually got a pair of jean shorts with the stretchy side panels that were so huge (despite being my size) they fell down around my ankles 😂.