Weeks 1-2 (8/1-8/14) Check-in 3/7

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What is you and your SO’s song or what was your “first dance” wedding song?

Re: Weeks 1-2 (8/1-8/14) Check-in 3/7

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Aug 12/17w3d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding Out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an onion

Upcoming appointments: Next Friday is my anatomy scan

How are you feeling?: Good, most days I don’t even really feel pregnant except for being a bit more hormonal 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What is you and your SO’s song or what was your “first dance” wedding song? Our first dance song was “You Belong to Me” by Jason Wade 

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Aug 4/18+5

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: 

Green but getting weak. MH won't be at anatomy scan so I'm worried I might crack.

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Artichoke. 

Upcoming appointments: 

16th for anatomy scan, follow up with OB and GP on the 18th

How are you feeling?: 

Pretty good. My back and hips are starting to be sore. Should probably get a pregnancy pillow asap. But I just bought a new mattress so hopefully that helps.

Rants/Raves: NATM 

Questions:NATM 

GTKY: What is you and your SO’s song or what was your “first dance” wedding song?

We didn't have a first dance or song. We probably jam together most to like Britney Spears or something like that.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: August 6th 18 weeks 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out in a couple weeks! 

Upcoming appointments: Phone appt with a new OB on 3/22. Kaiser requests that their patients see multiple OBs during pregnancy because doctors rotate delivery responsibilities. The idea is that the patient and Dr will be more comfortable during delivery if they've met before. I get it, but I miss my regular OB! Anatomy scan also on 3/22! 

How are you feeling?: So much back and hip pain! Yoga, heating pads, and baths help me feel better in the moment, but the pain quickly returnz. I've tried to look for a pregnancy pillow, but there are too many options. Having this near constant pain is making me a real grouch too. 

Rants/Raves: So excited that some of our home projects are finally coming together! We've had gross carpet since we bought our home three years ago, and our new flooring will be delivered tomorrow!

Questions: If anyone has suggestions re: hip pain I'm happy to hear them! 

"Stand By Me" was both our "song" and our first dance song. 
  • Options
    @coastalmomma3 - My hospital does a meet and greet session with all the midwives since they can't promise your midwife will be available when you go into labor. I think I prefer that to having to switch between providers for my appointments. I love my midwife and I'd be kind of sad to have to see someone else!
  • Options
    @dancingnarwhal I like the idea of a meet and greet! Honestly, with both my son and daughter, by the time I was in labor I didn't much care who delivered them. I suppose I'd rather have the relationship building of a consistent OB while pregnant. 
  • Options
    *Lurky lurker*
    @claireloSC we love The Way I am! We used it for our wedding save the date video. That sounds like the sweetest proposal story...I feel like this needs to be a GTKY. 
  • Options
    shoogapoffshoogapoff member
    edited March 2021

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Aug 1st; 19+1

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Mango

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy Scan on March 15th

How are you feeling?: Mostly good. I did throw up a couple to days ago, but that was surprising. I'm not feeling anything I can identify as movement, and my belly is not very big, so it still doesn't feel real to me some days. 

Rants/Raves: MH is allowed to come to the anatomy scan, which I am very happy about. But, on that note, Texas is going a little crazy right now with lifting the mask mandate and fully re-opening, so I am getting messages from every business I interact with regarding where they stand on requiring masks and limiting visitors. I just hope this doesn't all go south and there aren't even MORE restrictions needed by the time my due date comes around. 

Questions:

GTKY: What is you and your SO’s song or what was your “first dance” wedding song? We didn't have dancing at our wedding due to us both growing up in crazy conservative religious circles where dancing is not allowed. (we don't adhere to this system anymore, but all of our family does, so that's how the wedding was.) But I guess our "song" is "Here to Mars" by Coheed and Cambria because that's our favorite band, and whenever we hear it at their concert or are just playing their stuff at home, we stop and dance together. 

Edited because I forgot to include baby's size. 

• Options
    @surrenderdorothy let me know what your dr says. I haven't had a sty in 10+ years and now I have one that will not go away. It's driving me a bit bananas.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy @Kenneylynn3 I am prone to styes. I have narrow oil gland openings in my eyes according to my optometrist, so they get blocked easily: if I don’t blink enough during the day, too much screen time, if I’m stressed, etc. I had like 4-5 in a row at the beginning of the pandemic last year.

To get rid of a stye I use a warm compress for about 10 minutes 2-3 times a day. You can either use a heat bag/magic bag/rice bag or a facecloth soaked in warm water (and wrung out). I have an eye-sized heat bag that I zap in the microwave for 45 seconds, just make sure it’s not too hot! 

My optometrist also recommended using a warm compress on my eyes for about 10 minutes every other night as a preventative measure. This would help to break down the oils that might be building up.

I hope you get some relief soon, they are so uncomfortable! 
  • Options
    @pickle-chips thank you! I’ve been doing the compresses but maybe order the eye pads you mentioned. Thanks!
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy I pack up my non-maternity clothes.  Space bags are amazing! I just don’t have room in my closet for everything.  
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Due Aug 8th // 18+3

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  Team Green 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Cucumber

Upcoming appointments:  Thursday the 11th is my checkup (had to move it because my son's teacher got COVID and he's been in quarantine at home)  and my anatomy scan is the 19th 

How are you feeling?:  A little nauseous if I eat anything too sweet and still pretty tired.  Some hip pain but overall pretty good compared to how the first trimester went.

Rants/Raves: My son's teacher (he's in kindergarten) tested positive for COVID last week.  My son got his PCR test and it was negative but we've still been quarantining.  We're doing remote learning now until the 15th and doing that plus working full time and taking care of my two year old has been tiring.  I don't know how people did this for months at the end of the last school year.

Questions:

GTKY: What is you and your SO’s song or what was your “first dance” wedding song?  Our first dance was to "It's Your Love" by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill.  I'm not a big country person but he really liked that song.  We also did a last song of the night and it was the song I wanted (that he didnt want because it was too long and he's kind of shy and doesn't like the spotlight) "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri.  I really consider both of them our songs.

• Options
    @surrenderdorothy
    hope your sty goes away soon. :( I ended up shoving all my normal clothes into a plastic bin from target, seemed easiest.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020