Weeks 3-4 (8/15-8/31) Check-in 3/7

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What is you and your SO’s song or what was your “first dance” wedding song?

Re: Weeks 3-4 (8/15-8/31) Check-in 3/7

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: August 27/5 + 2

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Pink 🎀

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A navel orange

Upcoming appointments: End of March, but I think I’m going to switch doctors so that could change 😬.

How are you feeling?: Great, honestly! Definitely experiencing that second trimester burst of energy.

Rants/Raves: My rave is the aforementioned burst of energy I’m experiencing, my rant is that we’re having our floors redone throughout our entire upstairs and the process is taking longer than expected, so this is basically a wasted weekend in terms of being productive around my house.

Questions: Has anyone done/is anyone planning to do professional newborn photos? I read that now (early second trimester) is the time to book those and I’m wondering what exactly those photo shoots entail.

GTKY: Our first dance at our wedding was to the George Harrison cover of “If Not for You” 🥰.

• @the_most_happy I'm debating it. I don't know anything about when to book them though. I didn't get any done with DS, so I'm still up in the air.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8-28 15+1

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: team green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: cinnamon roll

Upcoming appointments: 18th

How are you feeling?: Still nauseous and vomiting about 1x a day. Once in awhile I'm 95% sure I feel baby move. 

Rants/Raves: feeling the burst of energy, but still being lazy. I haven't showered in days and just feel blah. It's like spring here, yesterday was 70, but it's supposed to snow next Thursday and Sunday.

Questions:

GTKY: What is you and your SO’s song or what was your “first dance” wedding song? Then by Brad Paisley

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • edited March 2021
    Wrong board!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/22 and 16 weeks today!! 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: 💙

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Avocado 

Upcoming appointments: Tuesday for my 16 week appointment.  And we are also doing the neural tube defect test blood draw.   

How are you feeling?: pretty good!  We are moving on Wednesday so I’ve been packing all weekend and I’m exhausted!!!  Feeling big and getting uncomfortable in bed.

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What is you and your SO’s song or what was your “first dance” wedding song?

Taking You With Me by Daniel Tashian and Mindy Smith.  

• @pickle-chips, is it weird that I'm lurking from week 1/2 check in? In any case, Away We Go is the movie we consider "our movie" too! It's quoted often in our household. 
  • @coastalmomma2 not at all! Lurking encouraged! 

It’s such a good movie and the music is excellent. And it’s so quotable. Especially pregnancy related quotes 😆 
  • @alexa_94 we also played Elvis Presley’s “Can’t Help Falling in Love” at our wedding, that’s a great one!
  • @alexa_94 we also played Elvis Presley’s “Can’t Help Falling in Love” at our wedding, that’s a great one!
    Such a good song! I also really like the Kina Grannis cover that was used in Crazy Rich Asians. I listened to it on repeat for weeks after seeing the movie. 
  • @pickle-chips omg, I really want to watch that movie again now! Haha. That's such a good cover.
  • EDD: August 20, 16+3

team green/pink/blue: team green for now! 

Upcoming appts: Wednesday for 16 week check up. I assume I’ll do the blood test for neural tube defects. Failed it with DS, so I’m having some anxiety about that. DS is healthy but it was a scary couple weeks. 

How are you feeling: still nauseous and taking daily diclegis, but the puking has stopped. Still tired too 

raves: I’m so happy to be vaccinated! It feels like the end is in sight now 

GTKY: our wedding first dance was to Nothing Will Change this Love by Sam Cook.

@the_most_happy @the_most_happy i did newborn photos with my DS - we could choose to have them in studio or in our house and we chose our house. I booked like, a month before baby was born and it was fine! I was far too superstitious to book any earlier (my pregnancies are high risk). I’m glad I got them done and think it’s a sweet memory/ love the photos, although I also just remember trying to get dressed while incredibly sleep deprived, haha! 

• @obsessedwithoranges I’m glad you are happy you got them done! It’s interesting, I just reached out to a couple newborn photographers in my area yesterday and both said they only have 1-2 slots left for ladies with due dates in my time frame! I guess photographers around here take a very limited number of bookings for these types of shoots so they don’t run into conflicts with multiple moms going into labor early or late... so just a heads-up to anyone else considering this that you might want to check availability in your area soon!
  • @cyanope oh man I'm glad your daughter is feeling okay. That's a huge run of bad luck. Fingers crossed your son is able to keep away from it.
  • Estimated Due Date: August 28. 15+ 3

Team Blue

Baby is the size of an Avocado

Upcoming Appointment: March 17 for ultrasound and second half of screening. 

I’m feeling good finally.  MS has passed and I’ve been able to teach and workout without feeling wiped out the next day. 

No rants or raves at the moment.

Question: has anyone found workout clothes that fit well and aren’t overly too expensive? I have two pairs of capris, but the one pair from target slides down more than I’m comfortable with while teaching classes. 

GTKY: We don’t really have a song.  DH doesn’t dance, so we didn’t include that as part of the wedding.  I think if I had to choose one just by myself it would be Etta James At Last.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @emily1052 good luck with your move today! I hope it goes smoothly.
  • Hi hi! Waited to update after my ob visit...

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 15.2

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: meh

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: lemon?

Upcoming appointments: had one today!

How are you feeling?: I was feeling pretty good over the weekend and now I'm just nauseous and tired again. 😫

Rants/Raves: my ob group scheduling has not been great. I'm pretty annoyed with them but it's at my hospital so it's convenient... I'm gonna give them one more chance. 

Questions: any good snacks? I think I need to be more mindful... I've been binging on waffle fries. 

GTKY: What is you and your SO’s song or what was your “first dance” wedding song? The way you are by Kina Grannis/David Choi. We went to see Kina for our first wedding anniversary (paper)!