Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve?

Re: Weeks 1-2 (8/1-8/14) Check-in 2/28

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Aug 12 - 16w3d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding Out March 19!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Baby is as big as an Avocado

Upcoming appointments: Next appointment is March 19. Somehow once a month appointments seem so spread out!

How are you feeling?: Good! All my first trimester symptoms are gone, my energy is back. I even went for a run last week. It was a slow run but still a run.

Rants/Raves: Not really a rant or a rave but my MIL and SIL want to throw me a virtual shower. That's super nice of them. But my husband and I are super introverted we have a very small circle of friends. And I don't know if my mom is going to want to throw a shower too. But if we have to split our friends into mine (for my mom) and his (for his mom) then it's like 1 or 2 people to invite to each one. And we're not really close to extended family so that doesn't really increase the guest list at all. Idk...I guess I just feel like it's embarrassing to be offered a shower and only have like 2 people to invite. 

Oh small rant - I just feel fat. I don't have a cute bump, just look bloated. 

Questions: No questions

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? Loud chewing. I hate it so much. Being able to hear someone chewing makes me want to scream. My husband will snack in another room if he's eating something crunchy because it bothers me so much. 

Oh and also my students who clearly don't watch the weekly overview video I post every week because they email me with questions that were very clearly answered in the video. That drives me up the wall. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 17+4/Aug 4

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: 💚

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Pomegranate 

Upcoming appointments: March 16 AS

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, falling asleep on the couch every night though.

Rants/Raves: We have mice! 😡 or at least one. I thought I saw a single poop a little bit ago but it also looked like the poppy seeds off my bagels. Anyway put some traps out and was woken up to a very large rattling at 330 this morning. Hopefully we catch them all.

Questions: NATM 

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? Ugh when people complain about stuff that they can change, or always complaining about the same thing. MH is famous for this.

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Aug 1st 18 weeks

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an artichoke

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan should be in about 2 weeks

How are you feeling?: mostly better. I think I relaxed too much on eating in the morning because I've gotten sick a couple times this week when I didn't eat first thing after waking up. But otherwise I'm feeling better, and trying to get back into physical activity. 

Rants/Raves: I also just feel fat right now. And I'm struggling to find any maternity clothes I like. I know have time, but im trying to think about what I'll wear to my maternity photos. I can't find anything I really like!

Questions: NATM

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? Hmmm...I really don't like group text messages. I think it's because of some past toxic work situations, but they always make me feel like I'm obligated to respond and the interactions just feel fake. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/10, 16 weeks + 5 days

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Baby has apparently developed taste buds!

Upcoming appointments: 3/5, for monthly check-up

How are you feeling?: Good. Very happy to be done with first trimester woes. I've had a few twinges of sciatic pain but am trying to go to yoga and stretch regularly.

Rants/Raves: I'm getting impatient waiting to qualify for a covid vaccine. I should qualify soon either in my home state due to pregnancy or in the neighboring state where I work, but I don't know any details about the timeline.

Questions: natm

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? Not sure if this is really my biggest pet peeve or just something that came up recently, but I hate it when someone says "people are saying x," because they are too cowardly to express that they have that opinion.

• @shoogapoff - I also hate group texts. I
    think they’re so obnoxious. My family insists on having one but I just mute it. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/6, 17w2d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Pomegranate

Upcoming appointments: Mid-march

How are you feeling?: So many headaches. Tired. Back pain. Had a killer migraine yesterday, probably from the vaccine. Worth it, but I'm still exhausted.

Rants/Raves: @shoogapoff I feel the same. I'm happy I can wfh right now and not have to feel too self conscious most of the time.

I'm so burnt out. School can't be over soon enough. Literally looking forward to mat leave as a break where I'll only have to care for kids instead of also having to work and be a full time student.

Questions: Nada

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? So many lol, but today's is that an acquaintance keeps spelling my wife's name with a Y where it's an I despite me correcting her multiple times. Names matter. It's annoying.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • @coastalmomma3 ew those people are the worst.

I've had some moments over the past couple weeks. Still mostly when I don't eat soon enough after waking up or go to bed hungry
  • @cocoliso13, what type of pregnancy pillow do you have? For my previous pregnancies I had just used a standard body pillow, and I was fine. But, the body pillow is not cutting it this pregnancy. I'm waking up in the middle of the night multiple times with sore hips and a sore back. I used to think that pregnancy pillows were a waste of money, but if it helps it may be worth the investment! 
  • @shoogapoff I love group texts! Guess love is a strong word but I’m a part of a bunch of them and they make things a lot easier. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Aug 10/17+2

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: 💙

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: pomegranate 

Upcoming appointments: 3/17 for AS  

How are you feeling?: Feeling pretty good, no complaints other than not being able to keep my eyes open after 8pm.

Rants/Raves: I’m really struggling with body image issues this pregnancy. 

Questions: My doctor treats the AS as an appointment this is new for covid. Not sure how I feel about it because I appreciate the one on one time with my OB  

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? I cannot stand people who do not follow through and complete what they say they are going to do. I’ve had a few people really leave me hanging lately and I’m so over it. 

• @coastalmomma3 i have just a random one from Amazon but I like it, I end up kicking body pillows away at night but this one stays between my legs really helping that pain in my sacrum that’s already starting https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07Y4T2G38?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

my SO and cat both steal it  :s  :D

• @cocoliso13, too funny! Doesn't look like your cat is too interested in sharing it with you. I got an Amazon gift card from my MIL for my bday last week. I think I may have to purchase one. 
  • @coastalmomma3 I just bought this one, I'll let you know how it goes. The others just seemed so big! https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/product/boppy-slipcovered-contour-total-body-support-pillow-in-ring-toss/1045679957
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • @claireloSC, yes, they all seem huge! I still cosleep for much of the night with my 3-year-old, so our bed already feels crowded. Had another bad night of sleep last night due to hip pain though, so I'll try one of these suggestions. It's probably time to kick the three year old out anyway. 
  • So far first night went well! I usually sleep like crap and for the first time I actually was able to fall back asleep quickly every time I woke up. So that was a huge success in my book. I ended up putting the the top of the pillow behind my back so that every time I rolled over on my back I wouldn't be flat and my belly on the flat part, and the end through my knees. @coastalmomma3

• @claireloSC I'm glad to hear that it worked out well for you!