September 2021 Moms

Weekly Check-in 2/22, 9/16-9/30

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 
Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What was the weirdest job you’ve held?

Re: Weekly Check-in 2/22, 9/16-9/30

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: 9/16

Upcoming appointments: I get blood drawn next week and an US later in that week to check the status of my SCH. 

How are you feeling?: I’m fine aside from exhaustion. Although I’m not sure if it’s pregnancy related or that fact we have just ad a busy busy schedule for the last week. 

Rants/Raves: More snow. 🙄 Everything is white and black outside and I just need some color at this point. I’m just glad I’m not there one who has to shovel it. Since I was diagnosed with a SCH I have told DH it’s his job to manage the driveway. I usually take care of the yard maintenance because he is just so busy with work but I don’t want to shovel several inches of snow and the smell of the gas in the snow blower makes me nauseous. 

Questions:

GTKY: What was the weirdest job you’ve held? I have never held a weird job but I was a cocktail waitress at a night club once in my early 20’s. I walked around selling shots and getting other drinks from the bar. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @emeraldcity1214 I am with you on the gas smell! Our neighbor was using his snowblower Sunday morning while I was outside cleaning out my car, and I had to end up going inside the gas smell was making me feel so sick! I'm glad you are getting a break from shoveling!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9+1, 9/26

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: blackberry 

Upcoming appointments: this morning I called my old OB, so I have an appt there 3/5 and then one at the new OB that I’m pretty sure I want to use 3/16.

How are you feeling?: Worse, honestly. More nauseous this week so far than I have been and the unisom/b6 isn’t cutting it. Very tired and feeling short tempered. 

Rants/Raves: Ugh, yes @emeral@emeraldcity1214 I’m also tired of snow. DH is home today so luckily he’s on snow shoveling duty. I went into work (only a week and a half till my last day woohoo!). I thought we were getting a coating to 2 inches but it looks like it’s piling up to more like 4-6. Preschool has been closed for a week now because it keeps snowing the days DS1 is supposed to be going.

Questions: natm 

GTKY: What was the weirdest job you’ve held? I worked at Hardees’s through HS and college and there was definitely a lot of drama and ridiculous/dangerous/idiotic things that happened. But we had a good time. I’ve worked a lot of weird jobs including Walmart in the lingerie section (which oddly  answered the phone for the whole store?) and a month at Halloween City. 

@chewie5990 my parents were also happy I had a job but if they had known... 😂😂
  • @emeraldcity1214 I totally hear you on the not shoveling/snowblowing.  I’m similar with usually just going to do it myself (my husband starts his workday at 3am so when he gets home I usually just want to let him rest), but right now I am not going out there to do it.  My son will do some of it to help, but his attention only lasts so long.

@chewie5990 Hooray for STTN! Fx it keeps up for you guys!

@whatabout2ndbreakfast I’m sorry the unisom/B6 isn’t really helping. Hoping you get some relief soon.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/19 10+1

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a petit four

Upcoming appointments: Just booked my First Look screen this morning, scheduled for 3/9 with MFM

How are you feeling?: I thought I was doing ok mostly just getting both exhausted and nauseous around 4 each day.  Yesterday, though, I felt like I got hit with a ton of bricks.  I woke up nauseous which hasn’t happened for a few weeks, and it never subsided all day.  Today I’ve been nauseous all day but not as bad as yesterday since I didn’t wake up immediately feeling that way.

Rants/Raves: We told my inlaws this weekend and they were ecstatic.  The only one still left to tell now is my mom. We were planning to tell her this weekend as well, but she just had surgery to repair a bypass in her leg that was done this past summer and she came home late in the day on Saturday.  We’re trying to give her some time to settle back in before we tell her.  I’m nervous with how she’ll react.  She loves babies, and this will be her 10th grandchild, but also my niece has started having babies now and is due in June with her second, so I’ve got this weird completely unreasonable feeling that this grandbaby won’t matter as much to her as the upcoming great-grandbaby. I know that’s completely unreasonable, but it’s where my brain has decided to go to and now I’m getting nervous about telling her.

Questions: I’ve never dealt with MFM before.  They’re in a different building than my OB and I don’t really know what to expect.  Is there anything special I should look to ask them vs what I would normally ask my OB?

GTKY: What was the weirdest job you’ve held? I’ve had pretty ‘normal’ jobs (data entry, an admin, and various IT roles).  I did almost get a job selling hermit crabs at a kiosk in the mall the summer after I graduated high school.  I was offered the job, but my parents decided to move me out to the east coast early and I had to turn it down.

• @grizzlymama86 this one keeps us on our toes! He STTN consistently from 2months - 5 months which was absolute bliss. But then he decided he wasn't about that life anymore and now he just does whatever the fuck he wants! He will go a week waking up every 45 minutes..and then STTN for a few days..and then back to up all night! We never know what we are in for! DS1 was an AWFUL sleeper..he honestly didn't STTN consistently until he was almost 2 years old..but at least we knew what we in for and could plan accordingly. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/16, 10w4d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a kumquat

Upcoming appointments: Next Friday 3/5, for NT scan and bloodwork

How are you feeling?: Better, I think! Less consistently bad and more some bad days and some good. I'll take it as a sign of improvement! I was having a lot of sciatic pain last week, but it seems to have toned down over the weekend. Not sure if it'll come back as I get back to work this week.

Rants/Raves: We cleaned up our master bedroom and are waiting for our new king size mattress to arrive, and have some more fun house-reno items coming in the mail over the next couple of weeks. I'm hoping my husband can get some work done this weekend on our house. We have a few smaller projects I JUST WANT DONE!

Questions: none right now

GTKY: What was the weirdest job you’ve held? None that have been that weird. My job now is probably the weirdest, it's just a lot of roles rolled into one job.
  • edited February 2021
    @grizzlymama86 MFM is awesome. They have much better ultrasound machines usually! Enjoy it. I always prefer the more in depth analysis. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: EDD 9/20, 10 weeks today on the nose. Double digits!!!! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a lego man! 

Upcoming appointments: New OB on 3/2, zoom/virtual genetic counseling on 3/4, 12 week scan with MFM on 3/11!

How are you feeling?: better since seeing the boutique ultrasound. still symptom free for the most part, although today I have a chronic splitting headache. could be hormonal, could be how i slept.

Rants/Raves: we shot our pregnancy announcement for my blog this weekend! i saw a sneak peek of the photos and I am just dying to actually get them back! 

Questions: is anybody else showing yet? I just had to buy new underwear today.... I feel like I still look and feel mostly bloated but it’s all starting..... 

GTKY: What was the weirdest job you’ve held? I haven’t had many weird jobs but I was a nanny for various rich families in Brooklyn for about 10 years which came along with some veryyyyyy interesting stories. I remember one mom (who always seemed lobotomized and distant) would come home from work, hug the kids, and retreat to her bedroom for a minimum of 30 minutes before coming out to relieve me or actually see her kids. It was so bizarre. 
  • @runningonindie I do that sometimes after work. Well, since pandemic I shower before I hug the kids but after work sometimes I like to decompress a little before going thru the nighttime routine
  • @chewie5990 Thats so exciting that you have told everyone. I’m to the point where I’m telling people as I see them. 

@whatabout2ndbreakfast I hope your nausea let’s up soon. 

@grizzlymama86 I’m pretty sure one of the neighbors judges my husband really hard for me being out there cutting grass (while baby wearing last summer) and shoveling. He will randomly come and blow the drive for me which is really nice. I kinda wish he would come cut the grass though. 😆

@Aerialmrs I wish DH would get on board with some house renovations. I hate our bathroom tiles and I would like to rearrange where things are in our bathroom. The shower is too small and I think we could flip flop the shower and tub to make the room more functional. 

@runningonindie when I lay on my stomach at night I wake up and it feels sore. So my uterus is definitely starting to get closer to actually popping out over my uterus but it’s not there just yet. I can’t hide the bloat though. It is obvious. 

• @chewie5990 so glad to hear your little is sleeping through the night sometimes! DD was an awful sleeper; some how all my mom friends only had babies who slept through the night since 2 months, so I thought something was wrong with us.

@runningonindie none of my underwear fits right now! I definitely have a noticeable bump but no one has seemed to notice due to only seeing me outside in a winter coat.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/20, 10 weeks! Can't believe I'm already a quarter through! Feels slow and fast.

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: guitar pick

Upcoming appointments: oh man that reminds me I have a midwife appt on Wed. I totally forgot. Thank you, haha!

How are you feeling?: Nauseous and tired

Rants/Raves: Rant: DS is in the tantrum -over-everything stage, boooo.
    Kinda both rave and rant: I was planning on announcing to our families on my mom's birthday in 2 weeks as we'll probably do a small outside gathering for it. But now it's been bumped up to this weekend and I have no idea how we should tell them. If you have any fun thoughts, feel free to suggest! In the past we said it while taking a family picture and for DS we put our announcement in a pot at a potluck lol. I might just get DD to tell everyone...? Everyone will probably be awkwardly polite at first as they probably think we are crazy, heh heh.

Questions:

GTKY: What was the weirdest job you’ve held? I once sorted and I think inventoried nuts and screws amd nails for a friend's dad in his small warehouse. It was about as thrilling as it sounds.
  • @whatabout2ndbreakfast this woman would barely say hello and not give me a clue as to when I would be relieved. Technically I was supposed to be off duty when a parent got home, but she’d come in and disappear leaving myself and the kids to wonder when she was going to emerge from her chambers 😂😂😂 it was very bizarre. There was no communication about it. Sometimes she’d just do it, and I’d tell my husband (boyfriend at the time) that I’d let him know when I finally got released from work because I’d usually have no clue. 
  • @runningonindie yeah that’s odd to do when somebody is waiting to end their shift. She could have been like “I need 15 mins”. Did you get paid overtime? Like daycare charged $5 per however many minutes extra at the end of the day
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  9 weeks, due 9/27
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a cherry

Upcoming appointments: 3/19

How are you feeling?: Getting some of my energy back but still super nauseous. I'm bloated and feel like I already need new pants. My leggings are even tight - everything seems to "cut" me right around the belly. 

Rants/Raves:  excited that the forecast is going to be in the 40s and 50s this week!  Can't wait for the weather to change.

Questions: any recommendations on comfy pants?  I tried to buy some joggers on Amazon and even they had this super tight elastic band, in addition to the drawstring. Ive been living in my jammie pants lately because they are held up by just a drawstring which is perfect. But obviously need something for when I leave the house. Too soon for maternity pants? 🤷😆

TKY: What was the weirdest job you’ve held:.  @chewie5990 I think my weird job sounds alot like yours. In high school, I worked at a WG Grinders in a questionable part of town. The manager and all my co-workers used to smoke pot in the office and in the walk in freezer. Everyone was stoned, always. The assistant manager was a total perv and used to think it was funny to make me clean out the salad cooler so that all the guys could watch me bending over to clean it. 🙄 Corporate got wind of what was going on and fired like 50% of the staff. Pretty horrible now that I look back on it, but I definitely have some pretty funny and weird memories of that place 
  • @kissyfir1586 The few times that I leave my house in actual pants, I've totally been wearing maternity jeans. I bought 2 pairs of under-belly band jeans from Asos on sale for like $13 each, and they definitely feel cheap, but they're doing the job just fine. They will probably be too tight to wear later in the pregnancy anyway. For work I wear sweatpants anyway, so that's been working just fine, but go ahead and break out the maternity pants! You may as well get some good use out of them! With September due dates, we'll all likely be living in shorts and dresses all summer long anyway!
  • @Aerialmrs I'll check it out, thanks! $13 dollars was a total score btw. I definitely don't want to spend alot on maternity clothes. I think my last pregnancy (9years ago) I had exactly a weeks worth of outfits and that was it. There was one maternity store nearby and it was incredibly expensive. It seems like this time around there are a lot more affordable maternity options out there!
  • @kissyfir1586 I've worked 3 minimum wage type restaurant/service jobs and at all 3 everyone was stoned the entire time and there is always a creepy manager who should be sued for sexual harassment. At the restaurant I worked at in college my manager would always tell me that he wanted to do my laundry...
  • I am a huge maternity clothes thrifter - I refuse to pay any sort of money for temporary clothes with the exception of a nice dress if there is a special occasion (like baby shower for pregnancy #1, Christmas mass for baby #2..this year I'm assuming I won't be going anywhere fancy with COVID still a thing. This pregnancy I'll be home starting in June so I'm not planning on buying much. I usually make my regular pants work with a hair tie through the button loop until about 20ish weeks. 
  • @chewie5990 he wanted to do your laundry?!!  Omg that is super creepy 😳
  • @emeraldcity1214 yes shoveling and snow blowing is a no go right now. Last pregnancy MH went out of town when I was like 20 wks and it snowed so I had no choice and it took forever because I was so concerned with slipping and falling. 
    @chewie5990 yay for STTN again! And agreed on getting second hand mat clothes. I had bins from friends that i borrowed last time and I bought some stuff on FB market place. Only stuff I bought new was for my baby shower or on major sale. I do have a very small wedding for my step-brother in March but I think I will be able to get away with a regular dress. 
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast preschool is closed? Our daycares don't close unless everything is like totally shut down. 
    @grizzlymama86 I saw the MFM for our 20 wk u/s last time and I will again this time but my regular OB appointments are still with the normal OB. I loved the u/s with the MFM they are way more clear and provide more insight into what you are seeing. 
    @Aerialmrs new king size bed? Are you upgrading from a smaller bed?
    @runningonindie cant wait to see your announcement! We should start an announcement thread if people want to share their SM announcement pics!
    @sleepydaze ugh we are in the thick of it with tantrums too! I actually brought it up to DS's EI support staff and we have a meeting with them on Thursday about it. But I'm the mom who cried wolf because of course the second I bring up that his tantrums are concerning in regards to their length and frequency, he stops having such intense ones. We also bought the Big Little Feelings toddler course and that has been so helpful. Even just following them on IG has so much helpful information. 
    @kissyfir1586 I have been LIVING in the Old Navy pull on jeggings that look like jeans but have an elastic waist so they are basically just like leggings and makes me feel presentable but comfortable. They also hold in the bloat. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/18 10+3

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: lego man

Upcoming appointments: I need to figure out if we are going to do the NIPT blood work and schedule my 12 wk appointment. 

How are you feeling?: having some better days recently. Last night I actually felt good enough after DS went to be to do a ride. I told MH earlier in the day I was going to and then after bed he started getting ready to ride and I said I told him I was going to ride to which he replied that he didn't think I actually would. Thanks babe. 

Rants/Raves: See above for rave. Rant: when we found out we were expecting we immediately told DS's daycare lady so we could get the infant spot that opens in November. She said it was still available and it was ours. Well turns out she actually has a new baby that was just born that she totally forgot about so her next infant spot wont be open until after that baby turns one so March 2022. So we will have to find a center or something with a temporary spot from December 21 to March 22 after I go back to work. I know it is an honest mistake but it's just so frustrating because now it's got me thinking if we should find a more structured pre-k program for DS at a center that would have infant to pre-k care and have both kids go to the same place. And we also need to move at some point so I don't want to limit us to what will be close to her house for care. Just a lot of life stuff to plan out and I don't want to have too many changes for DS all at the same time with new baby, new house and new daycare. 

Questions: NATM

GTKY: What was the weirdest job you’ve held? I worked for an energy efficient construction company that redid siding and insulation and had to go door to door to get leads for estimates. We would meet at the office and then get in teams and drive out in someone's car to neighborhoods all over the metro and really just stopped at gas stations and ate junk food. It also sucked because we only got commission for leads that went to sales so I worked every night from like 3-9 pm and only made like $1900 in a month so I quit. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @krash_ I have had to wear my spikes when I do it just to keep myself upright. My driveway gets zero sun in the winter and it has unfortunately melted and froze from random warm weather. Plus, we have had to shovel the side drive to keep the snow away from the house and it is a steep hill. Your daycare situation sounds frustrating. I hope you find a good place that both kids can go to. 
  • @whatabout2ndbreakfast I worked on a week long salary not hourly. They were flexible with me, I was flexible with them, etc. I wasn’t even really concerned with the time I was more concerned by how she seemed to ignore everybody. Often her kids just wanted their mom around and then when she finally came home at night she didn’t even really give them any warm greeting. It felt sad to me. 
  • @krash_ so down to start a thread with photos!!! 
  • sleepydazesleepydaze member
    edited February 2021
    @krash_ Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check out the Big Little Feelings! 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/20- 10+1 today

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: strawberry 🍓 

Upcoming appointments: March 9th is my first in person appointment 

How are you feeling?: still pretty awful. Exhausted, nauseous/vomiting daily, really bad mood swings- my poor family!

Rants/Raves: it’s 40 degrees today! After having 10 days of double digit negatives, it feels amazing!

Questions: none

GTKY: What was the weirdest job you’ve held? In college I worked for a teeth whitening company that had a kiosk in Sam’s Club. I literally whitened peopled teeth in the middle of a Sam’s Club... it was so weird.

@chewie5990 we told our families last Thursday! It was my birthday and I made a sign that said “34 and expecting one more!” And texted it to everyone! We still haven’t told our kids yet. I’m waiting for our 12 week appointment for be over before we do that.

@runningonindie (Hi due date buddy!) I definitely feel like I’m showing! This is my 4th so I feel like my body instantly went into bump mode 😂 

@sleepydaze (Hi to another due date buddy!) where do you get the “your baby is the size of” things? I’ve only every found food comparisons and yours are so fun!

@kissyfir1586 never too soon for maternity pants! Comfort is the key right now!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @krash_ it’s a prek at a church and it runs with the school schedule. To be fair we have gotten a couple inches each of the three days they closed 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  9/23 9+ 5
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: it’s still a cherry

Upcoming appointments: NIPT bloodwork on Thursday. High risk doctor on 3/15 for 12weeks 

How are you feeling?: sooooo freaking tired, like beyond exhausted. Still getting waves of nausea too, mostly when I have a super empty stomach 

Rants/Raves: help me no be tired, I’m so behind on laundry it’s not even funny. I don’t even know how to catch up.

Questions: anyone else just wanting to shop?!? I love shopping to begin with and it’s baby #3 so I don’t really need anything except a car seat because the other infant one expired.

GTKY: What was the weirdest job you’ve held? Maybe just working at a shoe store 😂 I hate feet 🦶 
  • @arrowmama Yes! I’m itching to start buying things. I did buy a little stuffed animal that will hopefully become a lovey but that’s it. I’m waiting to find out the sex. 
  • @emjeve aww hey due date buddy! I didn’t realize I had one in this group! 🥰
  • @emeraldcity1214 yes!! I have 2 boys, so I cannot even wait until I find out the sex. 

Hoping for a girl, I have 1 niece and then we have 7 boys between my siblings and they’re under the age of 6 so everyone is VERY anxious! I’m pretty sure I’m the last one willing to have another kid. 😂 
  • @emjeve I find it on the Bump home feed, usually right where it has the "you're 10 weeks 1 day today!" part. However when I went to go look for it just now it had conveniently disappeared *insert mysterious, ominous music*. But I also sometimes use the What to Expect app and they have different size comparisons too.
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 
    10/2 (teehee) 8w4d. 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
    Gummy bear

Upcoming appointments:
    March 22 for nt scan

How are you feeling?:
    Haven't thrown up yet but I'm sure it will be any day now. Its just been rolling waves of nausea. Ugh

Rants/Raves:
    Rant: covid restrictions suck, MH won't be allowed at any appointments after the first one, but he couldn't come in because we had DD with us and they gave me such a hard time like "ohhh but he won't be allowed at the other ultrasounds!!" Sorry we don't have friends or family to ditch our kid at for things....sheesh
    Rave: So when I was pregnant with DD I had to be on synthroid for duration of that pregnancy and I had to do a 3hour glucose test early because my A1C level was .1 over the normal level. 
    I got my bloodwork back and my thyroid level is lower than the last time they checked to make sure my dosing was working, and my A1C was highish but within the normal range so fingers crossed i won't have a repeat of those. But Dr. Google tells me from the results I have a UTI so...

Questions:
    Nah

GTKY: What was the weirdest job you’ve held?
    I was a flutist for the Salvation Army in high school.
  • @babybelugaco I'm pretty sad that DH can't come to any appts, particularly the ultrasounds. I can't imagine how it must feel for any first time parents out there. I'm sorry there's no one to help with your little so hubby could have come. Hopefully they let you film or record a bit of the future u/s.
  • @sleepydaze they said they would do a little "tour" after they're done doing measurements so I could video it to share. But that's not quite the same, so I told MH I'd pay for a private ultrasound before the anatomy scan so we could find out the sex together. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 21/9, 10w3d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a kumquat

Upcoming appointments: First ultrasound is March 11, I'll also get bloodwork and whatnot done that day. 

How are you feeling?: I'm okay. Feeling a bit better these days now that I'm not as nauseous and the food aversions aren't as strong. Still super exhausted all of the time though.

Rants/Raves: I can't wait to actually look pregnant. I don't feel like I've changed much, and I just feel a bit flabby. 

Questions:

GTKY: What was the weirdest job you’ve held? I wouldn't really consider it a weird job, it was actually one of my favourites. I was a tour guide at a grist mill for a summer (it was only a summer program or I would've gladly been there longer). It was in the little village I lived in, and one time we did an event where we showcased clothing and whatnot from 100+ years ago and it was so fun. Especially knowing alot of the families in town and learning about their histories and being able to handle these fascinating gowns from so long ago.