August 2021 Moms
Options

GTKY: 2/25

Food!
What's your favourite meal? Snack? Fruit? Guilty pleasure?
What do you hate?
Do you enjoy cooking?
If you could go anywhere in the world for dinner, where would you go?
What's something you're craving these days?

Re: GTKY: 2/25

• Options
    I really love steak and potatoes.  My favorite snack is probably chocolate covered pretzels.  Fav fruit is probably strawberries, moreso if they're also covered in chocolate.  Idk if I really have a guilty pleasure that is food related!

What do you hate?
    I HATE egg noodles and swedish meatballs, and my mom used to make them together and it was my worst nightmare

Do you enjoy cooking?
    Not really, but I do really like to bake.

Probably Italy

I'm still so nauseous I don't have any cravings.  I craved dark chocolate with sea salt earlier in the pregnancy and now the thought of it make me sick. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What's your favourite meal? Snack? Fruit? 
    Favorite food is sandwiches!  I love them!  So many different combos!  
    I’m not a huge fruit lover, but apples

Guilty pleasure? 
    Anything deep fried!  

What do you hate? 
    I don’t like raw tomatoes.  But I still eat them

Do you enjoy cooking?
    I love to cook!  

100% I’d go back to Italy!  Food there is absolutely amazing! 

Sushi!  I’ll eat it but my nausea is holding me back. 
  • Options
    Food!

What's your favourite...
    • Meal?: Oh man, that feels impossible to pick... too many good options for different moods and occasions! 
    • Snack?: I got really into making elaborate cheese plates over quarantine, so let's go with that.
    • Fruit?: A ripe, in-season peach!
    • Guilty Pleasure?: Definitely some sort of fast food, like Taco Bell or McNuggets.
    What do you hate?: Not huge on seafood that has a strong fish flavor. Also poi, which is a Hawaiian thing my family loves.

Do you enjoy cooking?: Yes, love it! Honestly I spend the majority of my free time cooking, reading cookbooks, and meal planning... I'm kind of concerned about how baby is going to upend this hobby because my (and H's) cooking repertoire is definitely lacking in the "quick and easy" recipe department.

If you could go anywhere in the world for dinner, where would you go?: Somewhere I've never been before! I miss the experience of trying out a buzzy, cool new restaurant.

What's something you're craving these days?: Weird cravings have mostly subsided but I still find myself wanting a chicken salad sandwich a lot. My sweet tooth is also still way bigger than it was pre-pregnancy.
  • Options
    Meal: I love pasta! I would eat pasta every day!
    Snack: I'm not a big snacker, I do love pita chips and hummus, especially with a little bit of feta crumbled on top. 
    Fruit: Bananas or Apples depending on my mood. But I rarely have Bananas because they go bad so fast!
    Guilty Pleasure: Fast food. I like fast food way too much. 

What do you hate? Peas! I hate them so much! And I've always hated them. When I was a baby my parents would try to hide peas in my food and I would just spit them out. They are the grossest thing ever.

Do you enjoy cooking? For the most part. I work part time and my husband works full-time so I do all the cooking. And while I generally like cooking and trying out new recipes I do get sick of it sometimes too. 

If you could go anywhere in the world for dinner, where would you go? Japan. It's my dream to go to Japan at that's at least half because of food!

What's something you're craving these days? Strawberry Ice Cream which has to be the pregnancy because I never ate strawberry ice cream before.

• Options
    What's your favourite meal? Snack? Fruit?
    My all time fav is beef tartare. My dad is a French trained chef so I've been spoiled. It was always fun to make with him. Definitely a huge craving these days, probably will be one of my first night out meals. Snack these days would be an avocado with vinegar and salt and fruit is probably watermelon. 

Guilty pleasure?
    A good Ben & Jerry's ice cream tub. 

What do you hate?
    MH says I'm a picky eater... not a huge fan of zucchini, eggplant and other mushy stuff. @emily1052 I also don't like tomatoes. I spent a summer with my aunts family in Corsica and it was such a Mediterranean diet with so many tomatoes. I got so sick off of them. 

Do you enjoy cooking?
    Love experimenting but hate daily cooking. I think its more thr cleaning that I hate though.

Paris all day every day. There's something just so good about the simplicity of all their food, but it comes together to create a complex beauty. @cyanope even their bread is better! Gows to show what better ingredients can make.

I don't have any set cravings, more just whims of what I want to eat, usually junk food. But thats not abnormal for me. 
  • Options
    I don't think I have a favorite meal! We have eaten so differently and diverse since becoming vegan. In my pre-vegan days I would have said something like mac n cheese, lol. For snack I love fruits like pineapple or strawberries. Guilty pleasure used to be chocolate, but right now its fresh baked goods like the scones that I just made with DD, yum! Pregnancy has killed my chocolate cravings, its sad.

What do you hate? 
    I really can't get into mushrooms. They just freak me out and have a weird texture. I wish I liked them!

Do you enjoy cooking?
    Sometimes. Making meals 3 times a day for kids/ family gets old (plus the clean up, ugh). I love to cook for company, but that hasn't happened for a year now. 

I would love to go to any tropical island for all of the fresh yummy things! 

Scones was the craving of the day. But literally, if I like something one day, I might hate it the next. Its frustrating. 
  • Options
    What's your favourite meal? This is difficult... To many options.
     Snack? Pretzels with cream cheese.... Can't have dairy though
    Fruit? berries!
    Guilty pleasure? Fast food, or cheesecake when I can eat dairy again.
    What do you hate? Meatloaf, eggplant....
    Do you enjoy cooking? Love it, hate the clean up.
    If you could go anywhere in the world for dinner, where would you go? Everywhere?
    What's something you're craving these days? Anything with dairy 😭

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    What's your favourite meal? Sushi! None of the raw stuff, mostly tempura and dynamite rolls.  Snack? Chips
    Fruit? I love berries and watermelon
    Guilty pleasure?junk food.... I need to stop going to McDonald's

What do you hate? Cilantro. It's disgusting and you'll never convince me otherwise. 

Do you enjoy cooking? Sometimes. We use a small convection counter top over and a portable cook top. I'm used to it now but our meals are definitely different. 

If you could go anywhere in the world for dinner, where would you go? Italy or france

What's something you're craving these days? Candy, strawberries and chips.  
  • Options
    What's your favorite meal? Snack? Fruit? Guilty pleasure? Annie's mac n cheese is a guilty pleasure for sure. All fruit is good basically. Melons are probs my fave fruit. Fave meal varies depending on the mood! Can't pick just one. :) 
    What do you hate? Feta, most tomatoes but normally I'm not that picky, I will eat those things, just don't prefer them. Right now I struggle to eat leafy veg and salads without feeling like barfing. Not a fan of red peppers and the one thing I will not eat is shrimp, it grosses me out. 
    Do you enjoy cooking? OMG not at all. I'm a pretty good cook but whenever I have a choice, I don't. DW does most of the cooking and I cook from a meal kit a few nights a week because that's all I have time for right now. Honestly we've been ordering out a lot during covid. 
    If you could go anywhere in the world for dinner, where would you go? Probably Thailand
    What's something you're craving these days? junk food  :s it's a problem 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    What's your favourite meal? Breakfast foods. Pancakes, waffles, crepes, eggs, bacon.
    Snack? I love plain ruffles with French onion dip.
    Fruit? Cantaloupe and all berries are up there, but I’ll eat most fruits. Pineapples make my mouth feel weird though.
    Guilty pleasure? I don’t feel guilty about eating any food I enjoy 😝 
    What do you hate? I agree with @grogu cilantro can go away forever.
    Do you enjoy cooking? Yes, but I need to work under certain conditions, lots of space, no screaming children, wine, music, lots of time.
    If you could go anywhere in the world for dinner, where would you go? Hong Kong 
    What's something you're craving these days?quarter pounder (no onion) with cheese, fries and a coke.