1st Trimester

Early heart rate

Had my first ultrasound this morning. Based on my FET I am 6wks5days, currently measuring 6wks 4days which RE is totally happy about. They measured heart rate to be 117 which he is also happy about but seems a little slow based on what I have been reading. Isn't it supposed to be at least 120 at 6 wks? I realize this is pretty close, but I am almost 7wks when I think its supposed to be 130. Any insight?

Re: Early heart rate

• ranges can vary....at that early over 100 is fine. Mine tends to be a little on the high side the last 3 ultrasounds and made me nervous too but it's been consistent so I am not worrying. It will go up a bit until around 12wks and will settle in the 120-170 range (sometimes even in the 180's). 
    Me: 45yo, DH: 47yo
    3 Daughters (singleton @27yo, ID  Di/Di Twins @34yo)
    Protein S Deficiency (Blood Clotting Disorder), MTHFR & VIT D issue 
    5 MC's:  Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks;  Natural MC @ 7wks; Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks; MC boy-D&C @ 9wks & Chem PG in 2019
    Tubes were tied after my Twins (and now I am old). Remarried and want to give my DH a baby!

IVF#1 OE June 2019 - ER 6/15/19, 24R, 21M, 20F, 7 6DBlasts Frozen for PGS Testing,
    RESULTS of PGS 4 abnormal girls,  2 abnormal boys, 1 indeterminate girl
    FET#1 OE August 23, 2019 (transferring 1 indeterminate girl & 1 abnormal boy) - BFN
    IVF#2 November 15, 2019 - ER 9R, 9M, 6F, 2 5dBlasts (fresh transfer) and 1 6DBlast frozen for PGS Testing,
    FRESH Transfer: November 20, 2019, 2 5-day blasts transferred!! 
    BFP 8dp5dt on 11/27 - 12/2 on FRER, BETA #1 12/2 - 11.93. BETA #2 12/4: 4.41 ~CHEMICAL PG
    ******************Starting Donor Process
    June 2020: Egg Donor Cycle and Fresh Transfer of 1 embryo in Czech Republic - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID19
    October 2020.  Split Cycle at UFC with a friend (Andrea) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague too  
    DE Retrieval 9/26/2020, 26R, 24M, 12 split Cycle, 9 Fertilized + 1 "questionable", PRAYING FOR AT LEAST 5 BLASTS
    10/1/2020: 4 5DBlasts (AA, BB, BC, BC), 10/2/2020: 3 6DBlasts (BB, BB, BC) FOR A TOTAL OF: 7 BLASTS!! THANK YOU GOD!!
    PGS RESULTS: 5 NORMALS! DAY 5: AA BOY, BB GIRL, BC BOY / DAY 6: BB GIRL, BC GIRL
    DE FET October 29, 2020 - CANCELED DUE TO FLUID IN LINING
    DE FET November 16th, 2020 (transferring an PGS normal Hatching AA Boy)
  • Had my first ultrasound this morning. Based on my FET I am 6wks5days, currently measuring 6wks 4days which RE is totally happy about. They measured heart rate to be 117 which he is also happy about but seems a little slow based on what I have been reading. Isn't it supposed to be at least 120 at 6 wks? I realize this is pretty close, but I am almost 7wks when I think its supposed to be 130. Any insight?
    Please trust your provider! He was happy about it - its fine. If there were concerns, they would have told you.

My very old school doctor - whom was beyond phenomenal- would have looked at you and said, "if you believe in old wives tales I would say boy." Since the HR was low.  

We were high and told us girl.  I took it with a grain of salt, but when she was born - he was correct.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Haha, thanks @ladyp0tter and @harpseal135. l I hate to disprove an old wives tale, but we actually know it is a girl from PGS testing! You are right, I should trust my doctor. My husband says that the title of my biography should be "Nobody is worried but you."
  • Haha, thanks @ladyp0tter and @harpseal135. l I hate to disprove an old wives tale, but we actually know it is a girl from PGS testing! You are right, I should trust my doctor. My husband says that the title of my biography should be "Nobody is worried but you."
    Just remember - those are not 100% guaranteed only birth is.  I personally know someone - a good friend of mine whose test said girl, but they-suprise! Had a boy.  

I do not believe in old wives tales myself.  

• I was 6 weeks and 4 days when I had my ultrasound and heart rate was 117 also. Good to see I’ve been overthinking it for nothing. I read up to 100 and of course waiting for first doctor appointment. I was being pressured by dad to have an abortion and when I went to have ultrasound to see how far I was it was a pro-life center lol I just find that crazy ironic because personally I knew I couldn’t go through with it but they were really supportive and I just packed and moved from Houston to my house I was selling in Baltimore. Now it’s my and my babies home. I’ll do it by myself basically everything a mans good for has been achieved so ‘adios Nuevo’. I seen the heartbeat now I have more important things to worry about than if a big man baby is happy. I could never really forgive how he treated me when he found out anyway. The images replay in slow motion daily and I cry but then I remember why I left and what I am protecting. He is 8 yrs younger than me and lives at home and basically lives in a bar and sleeps on a couch and accused me of trying to trap him. Last conversation I had I asked him trap what? Your side of the couch? And I’ve been in social media blackout for 2 almost 3 weeks. Very extra extra emotional time so maybe baby is picking up on it?
  • I was 6 weeks and 4 days when I had my ultrasound and heart rate was 117 also. Good to see I’ve been overthinking it for nothing. I read up to 100 and of course waiting for first doctor appointment. I was being pressured by dad to have an abortion and when I went to have ultrasound to see how far I was it was a pro-life center lol I just find that crazy ironic because personally I knew I couldn’t go through with it but they were really supportive and I just packed and moved from Houston to my house I was selling in Baltimore. Now it’s my and my babies home. I’ll do it by myself basically everything a mans good for has been achieved so ‘adios Nuevo’. I seen the heartbeat now I have more important things to worry about than if a big man baby is happy. I could never really forgive how he treated me when he found out anyway. The images replay in slow motion daily and I cry but then I remember why I left and what I am protecting. He is 8 yrs younger than me and lives at home and basically lives in a bar and sleeps on a couch and accused me of trying to trap him. Last conversation I had I asked him trap what? Your side of the couch? And I’ve been in social media blackout for 2 almost 3 weeks. Very extra extra emotional time so maybe baby is picking up on it?
    Um

From the sounds of it, glad you are out of a bad relationship. 

• Absolutely. He’s tried to contact me a handful of times but I’m just letting it go. 
  • @emilynoel810 @cialashelle are you the same person?
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • no not same person but our babies seem to have a lot in common. So Happy to be having a Libra. So close to a Virgo. They are strong headed ones 🤗