June 2021 Moms
Options

The Great Big Thread of Names

Re: The Great Big Thread of Names

• Options
    Since I posted last, we found out that #3 is a boy. Boy names are much harder for us for some reason. When we found out our daughter was a girl she was named like 2 weeks after we found out. With our son, he wasn’t named until I was about 30 weeks. Who knows what it will be with this one 😂😂 We have Avery Katherine (I loved the name Avery forever & just wanted a classic middle name) & Samuel Parks (Samuel was the only boy name we agreed on and Parks was my late FIL’s name). 

Names I’m liking at the moment:
    Davis
    Brooks
    Theo
    Walker
    Hunter

But I’m sure DH will veto all of these. Lol
    Anniversary
    TTC #1 Since April 2014
    Me: 27 | DH: 31
    08/2006 - Laparoscopy/Stage 1 Endo
    10/2014 - Bloodwork normal, HSG all clear
    10/2014 - DH's SA 15mil/mL, 35% motility, 6% morphology
    BFP #1: 12/29/14 | EDD: 9/9/15

• Options
    @olivelife77 I say go for it.  Either people won't make the connection or they will and be impressed that you chose literary inspired names.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you! I feel the same way, but I just wanted to get honest feedback, so thanks a ton! I wish you the best in your pregnancy!😊
  • Options
    @olivelife77 I think Thatcher is really cute and I would say most people wouldnt make that association.

I'm pretty convinced this baby is going to be another boy, but we wont find out until the end of January because my NIPT came back inconclusive womp womp....Anyway, I started to think of names and other than the list we had for my last son, which I feel like I dont want to revisit any of those, I came up with Wesley Cole. Its literally the only name I like at the moment.
  • Options
    @mrs_massie Thank you!!! I didn’t think of the association until I googled the two names together. And I love the name you picked out with nn Wes! I also didn’t care to recycle any of the boy names from my previous list. Funny how it all just changes with each pregnancy. Good luck to you!😊🧡
  • Options
    @_orchid_ I love the name Orion. I really want to use it for our middle name but it doesn’t flow at all. Hope you get to use it! 

@lizalovespasha H’s culture is the same with the patriarchal naming. For DD we did 2 middle names, a given name and her dads name, so she can chose to use her fathers name or drop it later. Or pick and chose when she wants to use it. We will do the same for DS. It feels like a good compromise and blend of the cultures. Although H is still really confused why a middle name is important. I keep trying to explain how grade school recess times can be brutal about being different. 
  • Options
    @olivelife77 I love the name Thatcher!!
    I would never make the association
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ruemcclanahan Thank you, I never would have either. Y’all are easing my naming anxiety tremendously. Thanks again! Good luck in your pregnancy ❤️❤️❤️
  • Options
    @olivelife77 I never would have known Thatcher was a name from “The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn” if you hadn't told me. I read that book in 7th grade, but don't remember that level of detail. I say go for it if you like the name and come up with a clever reply for the Tom Sawyer devotees who actually know off the top of their head both names are from the book. 
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    @olivelife77 I agree with the others here. I'd say go for it!! I honestly didn't know the name Thatcher was from that book at all if you hadn't have mentioned it. I dont read often so I guess that helps too 😆 I think the name is cute and screw what people think. Lol I was actually named after the Mork and Mindy show and everyone always bugs me and asks where Mork is? LOL and says Nanu Nanu. I've heard it my whole life so. 
  • Options
    olivelife77olivelife77 member
    edited January 2021
    @DoubleUp8 Right!? The books were not that memorable to me. I’m assuming some people that are older and no longer of childbearing age may be more likely to make the relation. Now, I just need a clever reply! 😂 Thank you so much and good luck in your pregnancy!! 🥰
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 Hahaha love your opinion and now I need to look up the mork and mindy show. 😜 thank you so much for your feedback!!!
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 I loved M+M as a kid!!! I always think of that show whenever Robin williams is mentioned. 
  • Options
    @_orchid_ I know right? I liked M&M too. Such a good show and Robin Williams was soo awesome in it lol. My parents should have named my older brother Mork haha or Mark lol 
  • Options
    mrs_massiemrs_massie member
    edited January 2021
    @lizalovespasha I'm am soooooo sorry to hear this news for you. Please message me if you want to chat. My anatomy scan isnt for another 2 weeks, but I have this gut feeling we are going to get bad news too. We've been in the same boat before and I feel for you so deeply. 

EDIT to add: I just realized you included the name. I LOVE it. Such a beautiful name for your beautiful survivor.
  • Options
    @lizalovespasha oh no!! Im so sorry to hear your got a tough diagnosis at your anatomy scan. We're all here for you if you want to share or talk about it ❤ I have my AS coming up on Monday and I just feel like im going to hear bad news too. I hate this feeling. I love the name you picked out for your little one, so sweet. sending you lots of hugs and love during this time 💕
  • Options
    @lizalovespasha I am so sorry for the bad news at your anatomy scan. I am glad you have decided on a name for your so you can start calling him by name during the precious time you have him. We are here for you. Sending lots of hugs. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. 
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    @lizalovespasha I am so sorry to hear about the diagnosis. I love the name you chose for your son and am glad naming him has brought you some joy. I am sending you so many positive thoughts  <3
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Options
    @lizalovespasha I am SO sorry to hear about the diagnosis. I'm sending you and your family all the positive vibes! I'm so glad you named your little guy (and such a strong, beautiful name). All my best! :heart:

Me: 32 years old
    DH: 33 years old
    Married in May 16, 2015
         TTC #1 (on and off) since September 2015
    DS1 Due 6.7.2021
  • Options
    @lizalovespasha I'm sorry to hear of the news of your AS. Lovely name chosen for a strong baby. Sending you lots of hugs and hope for you. 
  • Options
    @lizalovespasha I’m sorry for the tough diagnosis 😢. I’m glad you found comfort in naming him.  I love the name too, such a strong name!  
  • Options
    @lizlovespasha That’s a beautiful name. I hoping everything turns out okay. ❤️
  • Options
    @lizlovespasha I’m so sorry you are going through this. What a beautiful name ❤️
  • Options
    @lizalovespasha It's a beautiful name.  I'm so sorry for your bad news and I hope things turn around. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @lizalovespasha I'm so sorry you and YH are going through this. Hoping the best for you and your family. His name is beautiful! 💙
  • Options
    @lizalovespasha What a strong name 💙 I love it. I'm so sorry about the bad news. Hoping for the best for your little guy
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lizalovespasha so sorry about your bad news. Hoping for the best for you and your family! What a beautiful name for your son 💙
  • Options
    @lizalovespasha oh, man. I’m so sorry for the news. I love your name and how you and your hubs are carving out ways to still make this yours. What a lovely name you chose for your son 💜
  • Options
    @lizalovespasha Such a beautiful name for your little one. I'm sending you lots of love and good vibes. So sorry you got such scary news. <3
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• Options
    @lizalovespasha I can’t imagine what you both are going through and I am hoping for the best outcome for your sweet boy ❤️ Very handsome name! 
  • Options
    @lizalovespasha I’m so sorry you got bad news at your anatomy scan. 
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Options
    @lizalovespasha - I’m so sorry for the bad news, I am heartbroken for you. Constantine is a perfect name. I am a total 00’s emo teen and Something Corporate had a song called Konstantine that I’ve always considered a favorite.
    Married <3 August 2010
    DD1  <3 August 2011
    DD2 <3 August 2013
    DD3 <3 February 2017
  • Options
    @disgruntled_pelican I am a HUGE Something Corporate fan and I thought the same thing. Such a beautiful song, and such a strong name.

Me: 32 years old
    DH: 33 years old
    Married in May 16, 2015
         TTC #1 (on and off) since September 2015
    DS1 Due 6.7.2021
  • Options
    @lizalovespasha I’m so very sorry to hear you received bad news. I really hope everything turns out okay. I love the name you chose, so beautiful!
    Trying to Conceive TickerMe: 41 DH: 42
    💙 DS1- 12/2011
    CP - March 2014
    MMC - Sept 2014
    💙DS2 - 10/2015
    💙DS3 - 5/2017
    💖DD due June 6, 2021
  • Options
    Okay let’s revive this!  Seems like a lot of us are still stuck on names.

So my top contenders are:
    Sam
    Archer
    Andy
    Philip 

still bickering with MH about helping me nail down a name.  Instead he finds his fun sending me 50 names at a time of which, he likes none. 

• Options
    @sgrn18 Archer is so so cute!!! 
  • Options
    @sgrn18 I think Archer is soo cute too. I like it!!