Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing & Treatment w/o 2.22

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: Do you love all 4 seasons or do you prefer 1 (which and why)?

Re: IF Testing & Treatment w/o 2.22

• Diagnosis (if you've been): unexplained secondary infertility. One Fallopian tube. 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):  I’m doing my HSG Thursday morning, and we are submitting dh SA if we can manage to get it to the lab in time. 

How are things going?: Things are going okay! I just got my letter from the fertility clinic showing our initial costs and information. They said that after we cover our deductible, $3000, then we have 100% coverage. I’ve read the coverage policy for my insurance and it looks like fertility is totally covered as long as you qualify and have pre authorizations for certain things. So that is a HUGE relief and I hope it works out that way! Were glad to finally be getting these tests done this week so we have answers and an idea of where this will take us. Other than that, things are good! We survived the south’s snowpocolypse. We’re in Arkansas and got like 2 feet of snow which is way unusual for us, but we didn’t get bad like Texas because we do have snow regularly. We basically have the same climate as most of Texas just with snow sometimes. 🙃

Any questions?: do you ttc during your hsg cycle? I usually O around the time that the test is scheduled. We’re planning on submitting mh sa but it doesn’t necessarily have to be done the same day.

I prefer to have all 4, but I’m not a fan of winter time. I love Christmas and the season, but everything is dead and ugly, and I HATE day light savings! We also get so much rain during winter that it’s just gross and ugly. I’m not a fan. Arkansas is beautiful the rest of the year though! I’ll take my 95 day summers with 100% humidity anytime! 
  • @photographerwife we were benched when I had my HSG but I remember that we couldn’t have sex any time in my cycle prior to the HSG, but we could have tried after if we weren’t benched. I feel like we might have had to wait 24 hours after to have sex though? Clearly I am very helpful here with my zero memory 
  • Loading the player...
  • @bows22 okay! The office didn’t say anything to me about it! So we’ll probably just have to sit this one out! I think you’re right about not trying before though! And probably right after since I know some people will get antibiotics. Hope you’re doing well. 💕
  • *lurking*

@photographerwife I was advised no sex for the two weeks before the HSG. I think its just for them as a CYA to ensure there's no chance you could have conceived before it and they did do a pregnancy test before as well. I scheduled mine for like CD 5 or 6 so it was before FW and we could try after it. For the SA they also advised MH to not to ejaculate for 48 hours prior to the SA. Sorry the timing might not work for you. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• mercury94mercury94 member
    edited February 2021
    *lurking* 

@photographerwife
    I was also advised to avoid before HSG, they set it early in my cycle too, so it would be pre-O. I was encouraged to try after. There are some studies that suggest increased fertility post-HSG. I don’t recall how long it lasts. I think I did have to wait 24 hours or so after. Can’t remember. There was some discomfort to contend with. I’m surprised they scheduled yours around O. I feel like mine was at least a week before O. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • laura-kaylaura-kay member
    edited February 2021
    Diagnosis (if you've been): unexplained 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): TWW

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): IUI + Gonal F + Ganarelix + Progesterone supplements during TWW

How are things going?: ok.  The supplements are a uncomfortable but if there is a chance of helping.....

It was kind of crazy - our doctors at the RE clinic I go to disagreed on whether I should or should not take progesterone.  The end result was “Dr A thinks your should take progesterone for luteal support, while Dr B and Dr C are ok either way.  There is no clinical indication to take it but you can if you feel it is best.”  Lol can directions from doctors be more confusing?  Turns out the doctor who prescribed it came from a different clinic recently that did prescribe progesterone after IUIs, so that’s why she prescribed it - whereas the others have been with my clinic longer, and typically don’t prescribe it for everyone - only when someone has a clinical need or when they get pregnant.

Any questions?:  NATM 

GTKY: Do you love all 4 seasons or do you prefer 1 (which and why)? I love them all, but fall is my favorite - Perfect weather, crisp air, great for hiking or camping.  I also love spring since it is the start of gardening season and the flowers outside blooming are gorgeous.
  • @photographerwife I completely agree with you about winter and summer. I love heat and humidity! People usually thing I’m weird lol. Good luck with your HSG! Best advice someone gave me was to just keep wiggling your toes during the procedure. It sounds weird but it helps so much! Do you know if you’ll try any IUIs first or jump into IVF right away? I’ve been meaning to tell you about a girl that was on here a few years ago. She also only had 1 fallopian tube. The cycle that was successful for her was an IUI and the only mature eggs were on the side without the tube. She thought for sure that the cycle was a bust. I don’t remember for sure if she went ahead with the IUI or just tried naturally. But her other fallopian tube picked up the egg from the other side. Her doctor said it’s not uncommon. Bodies can do some amazing things sometimes!

@laura-kay When I think about the seasons individually, like spring brings all the flowers, winter season is so magical, and fall weather with the crisp air is amazing after the hot days of summer. They all sound great and I wouldn’t want to miss any of them… But then I think about the polar vortex we just came out of and I remember how much I hate winter lol. The progesterone supplements are terrible. I hated them. Back in the day, someone on here gave me the advice of cleaning yourself out every couple of days. Way too much TMI but every couple days in the shower just scoop as much of it out that you can. That seemed to really help me get through it. FX for you! When are you going to test?

Diagnosis (if you've been): Unexplained

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):
    TWW

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 
    Letrozole and TI

How are things going?: 
    The pressure of this cycle really got to MH. He ended up coming through during round 2 but it wasn’t without tears and some anger on my part. I hate that I got so upset at him. I understand how hard it must be. Of course I apologized and we got over it fairly quickly. If this cycle doesn’t work then I’ll be contacting the RE office again to get all the test and appointments lined up. We still have at least 2 more cycles with the letrozole that we can try before moving on but I’ll get the ball rolling in the meantime.

Any questions?:

I love summer!!!!! I’ve always been obsessed with summer. I used to suffer from SAD, not so much any more now that I’ve figured my coping mechanisms, but that made winter so bad. Now days though, I do appreciate every season. I’m trying to embrace winter more. There’s a quote that I try to live by, “There’s no such thing as bad weather, only unsuitable clothing.”

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• edited February 2021
    @krash_ @mercury94 thank you! Yeah, the clinic recommended doing it between cd 7-10, and last week we had a snow storm so they were closed. I’m honestly surprised they were able to even schedule it for this cycle. I just happen to O pretty early every month:/ but it is what it is! 

@laura-kay that’s frustrating! 

@LJMoon6 I love the heat! I just love when everything is alive! And thank you! I’ll keep that in mind, it seems like it’s either horrible or super easy for everyone. 🥴 and I’m not sure, it really depends on the results of the hsg. The likelihood that I do have a blocked tube is higher because of my history. If it is blocked and isn’t Hydrosalpinx then we’ll probably move straight to ivf assuming finances stay in order. But if it isn’t blocked we will do iui unless my RE recommends otherwise. Mh isn’t 100% on board with ivf atm, but is willing to do whatever I want. I could see it going either way at this point, so I’m nervous to get the hsg over with. 
    I’m sorry your husband is feeling the pressure this cycle. I imagine emotions are running high for both of you. I know for me it’s hard to imagine some of the feeling mh is feeling because he bottles them up pertaining to ttc until it breaks, and he doesn’t seem to think the same way I do about it either. Why does this crap have to be so complicated and emotional?! Hope things get better. 

• @photographerwife Wow, what great news regarding your insurance coverage! I'm sure that's a big weight off the shoulders. And I'm one of the weirdos that loves daylight savings. I love it when it's dark early, it makes the night seem so much longer. Again, I know that's weird, haha. 

@laura-kay How much longer do you have in your TWW? And that is so interesting that doctors can differ so much. I'll be interested to hear what mine has to say after my transfer. 

@LJMoon6 I'm sorry you and your husband have been struggling lately, but glad to hear it was fairly short lived. All of this is so overwhelming for so many of us. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 
    Unexplained/I'm old

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): Waiting to start transfer cycle

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): See above

How are things going?: We got some amazing news last night - the PGT-A results came back and all 5 embryos are healthy! Two girls and three boys. So stoked. Of course this news came way earlier than we anticipated (especially after the nearly 3 week wait for the genetic testing results) and we're out of town until Sunday or Monday, so we can't start the transfer cycle for at least a week. Oh well. I'm just so excited. 

Any questions?: For those that have done a transfer cycle before, what should I expect? How long were you on meds before the transfer? What's the deal with the progesterone supplements and digging them out?  :o

GTKY: Do you love all 4 seasons or do you prefer 1 (which and why)? I love fall and winter. Here's the deal, though: I live in California, where fall starts in November and lasts through December, and winter is barely winter. I'd rather have colder weather. Summers are too hot for me. Plus, I love all the activities and holidays in fall and winter. 
  • @lisa3379 OMG! What fantastic news! I am pre-emptively very jealous. How many eggs did you start with?
    @photographerwife my HSG was also scheduled early (like day 6 I think) for exactly this reason. We weren't really given any instructions on whether or not to try that month, but we did. 
    @LJMoon6. I'm sorry this was a stressful cycle for you and YH. 
    @laura-kay. I totally agree about doctors' different information/proscriptions. It seems especially prominent in infertility for some reason-- I think they just get attached to their normal way of doing things. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): RPL/"borderline DOR"

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): BCP

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): On BCP waiting for approval to start my cycle, may do a hysteroscopy to remove a small polyp in the mean time. 

How are things going?: Ok-- I have started BCP and am just waiting on financial to ok my IVF cycle. The annoying thing is that they say they are currently taking 4-6 weeks to approve people (I live in a state with mandated infertility coverage), but I have talked to my insurance company and they claim I have no restrictions and do not need prior approval to do IVF. I have left like 4 messages with the financial office this week and they probably hate me, but I don't want to wait another month if we don't have to! 

Any questions?: Has anyone else had any success/experience with this prior approval thing, or advice on dealing with insurance more generally? I have coverage I just need them to *hurry up*

GTKY: Do you love all 4 seasons or do you prefer 1 (which and why)? I'm a New Englander and I generally need to live in a place with all 4 seasons, but like most New Englanders, my favorite season is fall. 

TTC History
    TTC #1 Sep 2017-Sep 2018 
    BFP 11/30/2017 | MMC 12/31/2017
    BFP 6/22/2018 | CP 6/27/2018
    BFP 10/5/2018 | EDD 6/14/2019
    Baby girl born 6/19/19

TTC #2 May 2020-November 2021
    BFP 7/18/2020 | MonoDi Twins | MMC 9/10/2020
    BFP 11/7/2020 | CP 11/9/2020
    RE Consult January 2021 | Dx "borderline DOR"/RPL
    IVF with PGT:
    Standard Antagonist:
    ER #1 3/27/2021 7R | 5M | 3F | 2B | 1 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic
    ER #2 4/22/2021 10R | 7M | 3F | 2B | 0 normal, 2 aneuploid
    ER #3 5/19/2021 2R | 1M | 0F
    Estrogen Priming Antagonist:
    ER #4 7/10/2021 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    Duostim  (Standard Antagonist):
    ER #5 9/22/2021 13R | 11M | 8F | 5B | 2 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic, 2 aneuploid
    ER #6 10/9/2021  9R | 6M | 4 F | 1B | 1 aneuploid
    FET #1  11/5/2021 | EDD 7/24/2022
    Baby boy born 7/19/22

TTC #3 since May 2023 (ntnp)
    IVF Started Fall 2023 (Standard Antagonist)
    ER #7 10/6/2023 | 9R | 6M | 5F | 3B | 2 aneuploid, 1 high-level mosaic
    ER #8 10/31/2023 | 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    FET #2 11/27/23 | CP (bHCG = 8)
    FET #3 planned Jan 2024

• @bumblebee0210 That's so frustrating. If your insurance says that they'll cover it and you can proceed, why should the financial office care? And that long of a wait? (Disclaimer: insurance issues is like my worst subject, I just can't wrap my head around that stuff, haha). Regarding your question, we started with 15 eggs, 14 were mature, and 5 made it to the day 5 mark. An additional 4 almost made it, but not quite. 
  • **lurking**

@photographerwife I believe my HSG would not necessarily have prevented me from trying after the procedure, but I was prohibited before it just in case, since it would have "flushed out" anything in the tubes. If you're planning on submitting DH's sample on the same day, you could absolutely try after the procedure, but as @krash_ mentioned you need to have him save up for the SA before you submit, so if you're planning on giving the sample on Friday or Monday you'd have to wait until after that to HIO. Also, I know it's kind of my personal PSA, but please remember to take Tylenol before the procedure and keep up with it that evening, it's not uncommon to experience some discomfort later! I had no blockages and a "normal" HSG and had insane cramping that evening, hours after the procedure. 

@bumblebee0210 I've been there on insurance approvals. It sounds like the delay is actually with your clinic, which is wild! Before any IVF cycle can begin, you have to be "cleared" by the financial team. I would call them again to let them know you don't need prior approval, and therefore there is literally nothing for them to do! I'm a fellow New Englander, so please reach out if you have any clinic-specific questions! I went to one of the biggest clinics in the New England states, and am familiar in passing with most of the other popular ones. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @photographer wife yay for great news about insurance!  And as far as HSG goes, they want it to be after you've stopped bleeding but before O if possible.  I had to abstain for 48 hours after due to risk of infection.  I also took antibiotics the day before, day of, and day after plus ibuprofen an hour before the test.  Your clinic may have specific recs, but hopefully you don't miss O!

@laura-kay FX'd for you!  I've heard mixed reviews about progesterone as well.  

@lisa3379 congrats on the testing results!  Those are fantastic!

@bumblebee0210 hello fellow New Englander! Insurance is so frustrating, hopefully your financial person will call the insurance and they can put things in place for you.  I hate insurance companies.

Diagnosis (if you've been):  unexplained

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): TWW

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):  Clomid + IUI

How are things going?:  So far so good, the IUI went well and part of me is very glad to not have to "do" anything in terms of monitoring or scheduling for this little bit.  The other part of me is SS like crazy and riding the usual TWW emotional rollercoaster, which seems to be worse this cycle.  Not sure if it's because we're doing treatment now, or if it's the lingering effects of Clomid.  Maybe both.  However it is forcing me to step up my mental self-care which has been long over-due.  Trying to hold off on testing until 14dpiui so I can trust the result a little bit more and not play the "maybe it's not really negative" game for too long!  The nurse said I could come anywhere between 14 and 16 days post IUI for a blood test but I don't want to rush in there for that.  I'd rather test at home and wait to see if AF shows for a couple days before I call.

Any questions?: nope

GTKY: Do you love all 4 seasons or do you prefer 1 (which and why)?  As a born and raised New England girl, I do love all the seasons for very different reasons.  But summer is my favorite because I grew up on the shore.  The beach and summer just feel like home. :)
  • Hey lovely ladies! I took a little break after my egg retrieval but wanted to jump back in!

@photographerwife Yay for testing! That was a good feeling to finally start chipping away at potential problems and solutions. I did my HSG like CD 7 or 8 so no sex for 2 weeks prior but then we were encouraged to try since there has been some evidence of increased fertility that month. 

@laura-kay I love fall too! Especially after a hot summer when the nights finally start to cool down and I can wear sweaters. I live in Oklahoma and always get hopeful that it will be cool in September but am cruelly reminded that fall doesn't actually start here until late October :neutral:

@LJMoon6 So sorry for the stress and frustration. DH struggled with TI due to the pressure of having to perform and once we weren't able to and I was tearful and he was withdrawn. TI and IUI felt stressful for us because we tried to be perfect in our timing. DH did better when we just planned every other day starting at day 11 through O+1. That way we weren't going by my ovulation.

@Lisa3379 Congratulations on your perfect little embryos!! We are in our first transfer cycle now and it is much easier than the retrieval cycle. We did 10 days of lupron, then 2 weeks of estrogen injections on Monday and Fridays, and then 5 days before the transfer started PIO nightly. Tracking which side of my butt to stick to avoid soreness has been the hardest but really I've felt pretty good. 

@bumblebee0210 That's fantastic about the insurance coverage!! I have no advice on any of that but I will keep my fingers crossed that everything gets worked out quickly and easily!

AFM
    Diagnosis (if you've been): MFI and hostile cervical mucus

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): TWW - beta is tomorrow!! 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): We did our FET on 2/16. We ended up having to do a freeze all cycle due to OSHH in November so I feel like it took forever to get to this point.

How are things going?: Once I figured out how to manage the progesterone constipation it has been great! I had been taking stool softeners but that was not enough and went almost a week without a bowel movement. 1 suppository, 3 doses of milk of mag, and a million ounces of water later I am moving smoothly :) 

Any questions?: Nope not yet

GTKY: Do you love all 4 seasons or do you prefer 1 (which and why)? Oh definitely all 4! I love the beginning of each one and the change they bring to my emotions and plans. I do wish Summer was a little shorter here but ultimately I love them all 
    Me: 34 DH: 43
    Our Journey for #1
    2014 -- Started TTC casually
    2017 -- Discovered MFI but didn't move forward with treatment due to expense and grad school
    Spring 2019 -- Started with RE and confirmed MFI 
    Fall 2019 -- 3 cycles of Clomid and TI, 3 BFNs, discovered hostile cervical mucus was also contributing
    Spring/Summer 2020 -- 3 cycle of IUI, 3 BFNs
    Nov 2020 - First IVF with 3 little frosties, had to change to freeze all due to OHSS
    Feb 16, 2021 - FET #1 - BFP! Beta #1 100 Beta # 2 541 EDD 11/4/2021

• @quiltandknit @KNB1027. GL in the 2ww!! I can only imagine the emotions are intensified when you've gone through all of the hassle of IUI/IVF.

AFM:  I am on a full-time pestering campaign to get my clinic to approve me for this cycle. I had my insurance company call them yesterday to reiterate that I don't need prior approval, and today if I don't hear back I am calling the office manager. Really I think it's insanely unprofessional for them to not even call me back after a week straight of messages, but maybe she is on vacation or something?  I think actually what it is is that they just go in order, and they are super behind, so they won't even look at my file until everyone ahead of me is processed. But that is a silly rule when they actually don't need to do anything for me! It seems like if the physician and the insurance company are both ok with it, an office worker should not be calling the shots of when I can start treatment. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow, so I am hoping she can move it along. MH has to come for that one (since he has to sign consents as well), and he is a physician, so that might also help. It's kind of terrible but they all tend to do each other favors...

@acleverusername I am channeling your persistence and self-advocacy!
    TTC History
    TTC #1 Sep 2017-Sep 2018 
    Baby girl born 6/19/19

IVF with PGT:
    Standard Antagonist:
    ER #5 9/22/2021 13R | 11M | 8F | 5B | 2 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic, 2 aneuploid
    Baby boy born 7/19/22

FET #3 planned Jan 2024

• @KNB1027 Oh wow, that's good to hear that your transfer cycle seemed easier than the retrieval. I'm a little apprehensive about the progesterone part. Good luck today! 
  • Ok, I’ve fallen off for a couple of weeks but am trying to do better. Going back to previous weeks with a few of these tags.

@photographerwife Best of luck with the HSG! You’ve gotten some good responses from the previous replies. So sorry it won’t line up well with your cycle. But I hope it will give you some clear answers! 

@LJMoon6 This is old, but you asked about baby aspirin. As Kiki said, it is for inflammation and those with diagnosed blood-clotting disorders. As Clever mentioned, some doctors include MTHFR mutations as clotting disorders while others ignore it. I was told by my OB to take BA due to my MTHFR, and then confirmed by my Reproductive Immunologist for same reason. They say it won’t thin blood enough to cause bleeding concerns, but if you take it in combo with other blood thinners (even vitamin E) then you may be told to stop it if you have an SCH or other bleeding. 

@acleverusername I didn’t get a chance to respond to your epic post about the IVF challenges & then having your consult with TEW. It’s great that you feel much better after meeting with her. I was curious whether you’ve had a hysteroscopy? Sorry I can’t remember, but I was surprised she didn’t suggest that next. It seems pretty standard for those of us in this group. 

@KNB1027 Welcome back. Good luck with the beta today. 

@Lisa3379 Those are amazing results! You’re extremely lucky. 

@bumblebee0210 Sp sorry about that insurance delay. Stuff like that is the worst. Be persistent & pushy & you’ll get it done.😉

@laura-kay Yeah, progesterone isn’t the most fun. But it can only help and can’t hurt, so... Hang in there in the TWW! 

@quiltandknit Yay for a smooth IUI! Good luck with the SS.☺️

• KNB1027KNB1027 member
    edited February 2021
    @bumblebee0210 Way to be persistent! I also think that it is rude that they haven't even called you back, they could at least acknowledge the messages and give you an ETA on when they will be able to get moving. I say use your doctor to doctor connection, anything you can do to make a hard process a little easier!

@Lisa3379 I recommend you start a stool softener! I didn't have a bowel movement for nearly a week after starting and trying to get everything moving again was an ordeal. I think the first PIO is the hardest because you have built it up so much in your head and heard everyone's horror stories. I was using a heating pad for a little while right after the injection but the last few nights I haven't and it is actually less sore. You'll have to get used to a lumpy butt - it just happens :) 

@photographerwife You have a lovely uterus :wink: Glad the HSG wasn't awful and I hope that the crampiness goes away quickly. Hopefully your husband's SA comes back all normal, I'll keep my fingers crossed!

AFM: I'm so sorry and should have known better. Please forgive my thoughtlessness. 

Our Journey for #1
    2017 -- Discovered MFI but didn't move forward with treatment due to expense and grad school
    Fall 2019 -- 3 cycles of Clomid and TI, 3 BFNs, discovered hostile cervical mucus was also contributing
    Nov 2020 - First IVF with 3 little frosties, had to change to freeze all due to OHSS

• @photographerwife That’s great about your tube being clear! Except, of course, that you still have questions about what may be the issue... Good test results are such a catch-22. 
  • @acleverusername I'm so sorry about your grandmother and that COVID stole away your last year together. It sounds like you have so many lovely memories of her and I'm glad that you were able to celebrate her life, even if it was virtually with your family. Take gentle care of yourself :heart:

So hostile cervical mucus - I can't for the life of me think of the test name but they took a swab of mucus and put a tiny amount of sperm with it on a microscope slide to make sure the sperm would still swim. Unfortunately as soon as his sperm hit my CM they stopped moving and started dying. That is when we realized that TI even with meds was not going to work for us
    Our Journey for #1

• You are all right and my actions were unacceptable and thoughtless. I truly apologize and will respond with a personal apology to anyone who requests it. 
    Our Journey for #1

• @acleverusername I am so sorry about your grandma. 💔 Despite her long life, that is still such a loss, especially with the major presence she had in your life. Sorry that it is lining up with FW. Wishing you healing.💗
  • *lurking
    @acleverusername Just popping in to say I’m so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts during this difficult time  <3
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @acleverusername I actually have no idea what I'm doing, haha! All I know currently is that I have an appointment on Tuesday for my saline ultrasound. And I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you creepy internet stranger hugs. 
  • @acleverusername I had been wondering were you were this week. I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. She sounded like an amazing person. Allow yourself to feel all the feels and take all the time you need. We're here for you.
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• I'm gone for one day and it seems I've missed some drama...

@acleverusername I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing someone important is so hard, and all of these restrictions make it so much worse. Take care of yourself.

AFM:  I have effectively harassed my way into financial clearance! I am so stoked. It is nice because since I will likely need multiple egg retrievals to get several euploid embryos (unless some of @Lisa3379 's sparkle dust rubs off on me!) I won't have to wait around to get approved between each cycle, I can just do them back-to-back.  I should start baseline monitoring (then stims) the week after next. I am so relieved. 

TTC History
    TTC #1 Sep 2017-Sep 2018 
    Baby girl born 6/19/19

IVF with PGT:
    Standard Antagonist:
    Baby boy born 7/19/22

FET #3 planned Jan 2024

• Thank you all for your thoughts of support. I appreciate all the creepy Internet hugs at a time like this.

@Lisa3379 sometimes I wonder if not knowing is better than knowing too much (as is my case). It sounds like you trust your provider though so that’s likely the best strategy for you.

@bumblebee0210 so happy that you’ve got all your financial ducks in order and can get on with the procedural part of this. Hopefully 1 retrieval is all you’ll need. 🤞🏻
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• @keikilove woohoo for Monday transfer!!! Omg, I can’t believe the time has come!!!! ☺️☺️☺️🤗🤗🤗 I will be sending you all of the positive vibes.

Regarding hcg dosage, TEW told me told take 1000IU 1x per week starting 3DPO. I’ll also be taking 100mg of progesterone. However, I’ve also had some folks on R e d d i t IF forum offer up their dosages (actually this is where I learned about this as an option!):

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022

• quiltandknitquiltandknit member
    edited February 2021
    @keikilove yayyy for Monday transfer!  So exciting!!!

@acleverusername I know I'm late for this, but so sorry for your loss.  Hoping you have a relaxing weekend! <3
  • @acleverusername So sorry for your loss!  ❤️ 
  • For those that asked earlier, my doctor said to have a beta test if I don’t get AF by the 8th.  It’s a long time - 18 days (March 8)!  I’m not sure if I will test after 14 days or not.  
  • @laura-kay Re; betas.  My RE says pretty much the same thing, he wants me to wait 16 days for a blood test.  I'm trying to hold off until 14 days to test but it's making me crazy!  I'd rather test at home and wait to see if AF shows than make the trip into the clinic.
  • @quiltandknit I totally agree!  14 days for me is March 4th....even that seems so far away lol. :smile:
  • @Laura-kay @quiltandknit Good luck to both of you with the long wait! I always caved by 10 days post procedure. I think it's pretty customary to schedule the betas anywhere from 12-14 days post-procedure. Hang in there!

@acleverusername Thanks for the info on the hCG supplementation. I was too tired to go back and find my notes from my RE prescribing it over a year ago after IUIs. Anyway, I found this research article about administering hCG before an artificial transfer. https://rbej.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12958-020-00606-y 
    I found it one day too late to try it for this cycle, but will definitely try it next time if we ever go down this artificial FET path again.
  • @keikilove ahh, so excited for you for tomorrow!  <3
  • @keikilove good article! I’ll be saving it in my fertility research folder. 

Once again, I can’t say it enough, sending all of the sticky vibes for tomorrow!!!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022