Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TTCAL week of 2/22

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage, selective termination due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? 

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

Questions? 

GTKY: Who is your celebrity doppelganger?

Re: TTCAL week of 2/22

• Options
    Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.
    1 loss discovered at 7.5 week ultrasound - suspected blighted ovum

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well?
    Things are going okay. I've decided to start tracking my food again in the hopes of making healthier choices. I ate a lot of my feelings over the last month and need to get my body healthier for an eventual rainbow baby.
    I did get a really sweet and thoughtful surprise today from a teacher that I'm not particularly close to. I had revealed that I had a loss to get last week and she hugged me and expressed sympathy. This morning, I found this bracelet in my mailbox from her and teared up. I was so touched by her kindness and thoughtfulness.

Nope. I did do a random OPK because I was having possible O pain this weekend. It looked pretty close to positive but I'm not temping and didn't do any other tests so we'll see, I guess.

Questions? Nope

I've been told I look like Isla Fisher. I got that a lot in HS especially.
  • Options
    @gingermama29 I have been trying to eat healthier recently too. Also, that bracelet is so sweet!

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. CP @ 5 weeks on 12/26

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? I may have tested this morning even though it’s only 8 dpo... I don’t know why I even thought that was a good idea. 🙈

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Trying to wait until my expected period to test again. I was tempted today because I had one test left from before. Now I will have to go out and buy one, or order them online. That will slow me down at least from being obsessive. 

Questions? None right now 

GTKY: Who is your celebrity doppelganger? I’ve been told Anna Kendrick and Danica Patrick. I don’t see it though 🤣
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    inthewoods23inthewoods23 member
    edited February 2021
    @gingermama29 stooooopppp that bracelet is giving me all the feels
    Tearing Up GIFs  Tenor

@rgn12 at least 8dpo isn't a totally absurd time to test. 6 or 7dpo would be bad lol. When FF moved my O date after marking the cycle as a MC it moved my O date back by 4 days so my first positive was supposedly at 8dpo, but I'm not entirely convinced it really was that dpo.

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. 1 loss at 8 weeks, Oct 2020

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? Things are fine. A little crazy at work and at home (yay ice dams :|) but cycle wise I'm good. I finally got the hang of my menstrual cup - no pantiliners for a backup in case I put it in wrong. I'm excited for this cycle as my O date is predicted to be over the weekend and the only time we conceived we had morning sex towards the end of FW so I'm basically convinced we need to have morning sex right around O. Which with DH is way easier to do since he'd never do it before work.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope, won't be starting OPKs for a while

Questions? Has anyone's periods changed after MC or CP? Mine seem to be getting shorter. Flow is probably about the same as it has been for the first 2 days, but it seems like CD3 and 4 are lighter than they have been in the past. Post BC my periods were always 6-7 days so I don't know if things are just changing the further I am from that and all the IF meds or if it's maybe MC related - or even diet related since I've been gluten and dairy free for a year now.

GTKY: Who is your celebrity doppelganger? I've been told Natalie Portman, Rashida Jones, and Olga Kurylenko (especially when she was in James Bond). I have a light complexion though. I think most of the resemblance comes from how my hair ends up styled.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 thank you for no judgement!! Haha! 
  • Options
    @gingermama29 what a thoughtful gift. That was so sweet of her. 

@rgn12 I always test way too early. I'm the most impatient person in the world when it comes to certain things. You're not alone! 

@inthewoods23 Mine have changed for sure. My periods have been a lot heavier in the beginning, but then end super abruptly around 5 days. Don't know if it's due to MC, and I also don't know if I like the change better or not, haha. 

TFMR at around 15 weeks in April 2020; MC at 8 weeks in November 2020

Waiting to start IVF transfer cycle

Things are ok I guess. I think I've coped pretty well with the losses in general, but certain things make me sad. (TW: mention of children) Before the first loss, we had told our kids that we were having a baby, and we gave them shirts that announced "bigger brother" and "big brother". I haven't had the heart to get rid of them, because we're still obviously trying for that third kid. Well, "bigger brother" found the shirt in his drawer yesterday and decided to wear it all day. I didn't have the heart to ask him to change, so yeah, that was a fun reminder constantly all day yesterday. 

Just waiting on PGT-A testing on embryos so we know what we're working with. Hopefully we'll get those results in a few days or a week, and then we'll start the transfer protocol. 

Questions? 
    Nah

I've had people say Demi Moore, but that's about it. 
  • Options
    @rgn12 I've definitely tested at 8 DPO before. Haha why do we do these things to ourselves?

@inthewoods23 no info to give about post loss periods yet as I'm still waiting for my first one since. Haha shorter periods definitely sounds like a good thing though!

@Lisa3379 ugh that's so hard with the reminder on the shirt. I'm sorry. FX for good results on your embryo testing!!
  • Options
    @gingermama29 that does make me feel better! I’m actually kind of proud of myself for waiting that long, but also super disappointed from the BFN. I don’t know why we do this to ourselves, haha

@Lisa3379 thank you, I’m glad I’m not alone! TWW is torture!