August 2021 Moms

Weekly Symptoms 2/14

How far along are you?

What symptoms do you have this week?

Questions/concerns?

Re: Weekly Symptoms 2/14

• 12w3d, still nauseous but I think that the Diclectin is taking the edge off of things since the nausea is not as bad and I’ve got a bit more of an appetite.

Question: for anyone who has taken Diclectin (I think it’s Diclegis in the US), do you just stop taking it an see how you feel? How do you know when to stop taking it? I still feel queasy, so I’m not stopping yet, but just wondering how you know when to stop?
  • @pickle-chips I have forgotten to take it recently and paid for it. I'm planning on trying to stop take it when I'm no longer nauseous and have an appetite again. 

12+1 and I can barely walk from SPD. Hoping the exercises I got from physio help, otherwise I'll end up on crutches 😅 ugh 
  • Loading the player...
  • @grogu that sounds terrible, i'm sorry you're dealing with that already! My SIL had it so bad with her first that she's just not sure when/ if she can get pregnant again.

@pickle-chips good to hear its helping! having an appetite definitely makes life easier.

How far along are you? 11+5

What symptoms do you have this week? daily headache. fatigue. nausea/ food aversions. congestion. and i think i'm getting vulvar varicosities already, which is not very exciting. Last pregnancy they came at 14 weeks, so I guess its not that much earlier. But I really don't want to wear the vag support already!  

Questions/concerns? not really, unless anyone has any brilliant fixes for the VV i mentioned...

• I must be in the second trimester because phew, the heartburn. 15+4

Hope you feel better @grogu. I wonder if a chiropractor might be helpful? I went from not being able to walk to being totally cured in a couple weeks with DD1 with a chiro's help.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • How far along are you? 13+5

What symptoms do you have this week? Feeling tired and quite huge. I made the switch over to maternity pants and shirts. They much more comfortable. I still have some aversions to smells and even the sight of some food, my stomach can’t decide what food is good. I also feel out of breath but I’m not helping it by constantly forgetting to take my Advair for asthma. I need to ask my doctor about a referral to see a pulmonologist since I’m supposed to see one yearly. 

Questions/concerns? None 

• @claireloSC physio seems to be helping, it's more the fact that I don't use my core muscles than misalignment I think.

If it persists more than a month I will look into chiro. 
  • @claireloSC how quickly did the chiro help for you? I went once and she said I had to come see her 3x/week for like 6 weeks and I never went back bc I just don't have time for that. And my back pain got better on its own.
  • @hannelorre You're a dr so I'm sure you know the evidence is not good for chiros. I was (am) very skeptical but this was one who specifically worked with pregnant women quite often. She really knew what she was doing and did only that and it was only like $20/visit or something super reasonable. It improved from the very first visit and just kept improving till I didn't have to go anymore. I don't think I went 3x week, maybe once or twice? I want to say I went a total of like 8-10 times maybe? DW was out of town for most of it so I literally couldn't manage without help so it was necessary and she definitely worked magic!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • @claireloSC yes I'm always skeptical of chiro (and have seen bad outcomes too) but did seek out Webster trained chiropractor for pregnancy. Our copay was 40/visit and I just wasn't convinced enough to sink that much money into it (rather get a super nice massage once a week at that price?) but I try to keep an open mind. Glad it worked for you!
  • $20 a visit?! 
    I think it's like $60 here 🤯💸 I am able to walk without my SI belt right now so I'm counting that as a win. 

New fun pregnancy thing - I can no longer wear my mouthguard at night without gagging so much I throw up. Now I'm getting tension headaches during the day 😖
  • My insurance at the time covered up to 20 visits a year or something. @grogu! I doubt my current one would. Sorry for the headaches, hope you feel better soon.
  • @grogu I also sleep with a retainer and was dealing with the same thing until recently. I hope it passes quickly. Speaking of sleeping, I keep waking up with horrible dry mouth. It literally wakes me up because it is painful. This is no doubt from running our heat when I'm so used to a humid warm climate. We have one humidifier which is in DS's room, but I need another because this is miserable. I already drink a ton of water so not sure what else I can do to fix this.
  • 13 weeks today and I woke up with a stuffy nose that is making me sneeze, but the pre-sneeze sensation is making me gag. So I don’t know if I’m going to sneeze or throw up.

@surrenderdorothy is it the inside of your mouth only? Or are your lips really dry too? I have to lather on the chapstick at night so I don’t wake up with cracked lips. 
  • I'm a huge proponent of chiropractic, but I also know a lot of people are skeptical!
    I was basically immobile a few weeks ago. DH had to do EVERYTHING around the house for a week and a half. One visit to the chiro, and my pain improved dramatically. I go once a week, but my copay is only $10 a visit, so it is very easy to justify. DH is also huge on the chiro. He broke his back in a bicycle accident as a kid (fractured vertebrae), and has minor scoliosis. Regular visits to the chiropractor are the ONLY thing that keeps him out of pain. If he goes more than a month without a visit, his pain returns. 
  • 14 weeks today and my pregnancy rhinitis has graduated to nosebleeds!!  :s plus i have to pee so so so much at night i swear i pee more at night than i do during the day, even when i try to cut down on liquids in the evening. i feel like a zombie rn. 
  • @pickle-chips I'm going to be making a lip scrub today. Just Vaseline and sugar but should do the trick.

Everything is dry, skin, eyes, lips, mouth, nose. I've used a saline spray for my nose in the past with limited success. I'm pretty sure I'm drinking enough water. 

@surrenderdorothy I find if I wake up dry in the middle of the night, if I eat some candy my mouth salivates which helps a lot. I've always been a candy/chocolate on the bedside table type though.

• grogugrogu member
    edited February 2021
    Anyone else completely turned off by the way their partner smells? It's just his usual scent so it's not bad but it makes me want to barf 🤣 I've actually resorted to sleeping on the bench because I can't sleep if he comes to bed at the same time as me. 

• :D  @grogu not his full scent but he has acid reflux and its all I can smell when he's around. I'm constantly asking if he brushed his teeth. But yea, smelling your stomach isn't pleasant dude.
  • edited February 2021
    hi guys.. I’m not having a great day. I’m exactly 14 weeks and I started spotting brown blood this evening and have been spotting brown blood for the last 5 hours... not too much - like a pantiliner amount. I called the nurses line and they just said to monitor or go to the ER. I have a home Doppler and think I found heartbeat, but of course I’m doubting myself. I’ve had a late loss before at 16 weeks so I’m spiraling pretty hard here. I have an ultrasound with my MFM anyway on Wednesday... and will call regular OB on Monday. Just scared because I’m also having mild on and off cramping. 
  • @obsessedwithoranges, I understand how frightening that must be especially with a previous loss. What do you feel you should do for your peace of mind? I'm hopeful for you that it's typical pregnancy symptoms. ♥️
  • @coastalmomma3 with a toddler i just don’t think I will have time to go to the ER this weekend, so I guess I’ll just have to see what OB says on Monday morning. Ugh. 
  • @obsessedwithoranges I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Brown blood usually means old blood so hopefully it's nothing. I'd be inclined to wait until Monday too, with my loss I was in ER for 9 hours over 2 days. Obviously if things get worse, go in. 

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and keeping you in my thoughts ❤️
  • @obsessedwithoranges hope you are feeling better and the symptoms improve! Sending prayers your way 🙏
  • @obsessedwithoranges thinking of you. I hope the spotting stopped. 
  • @obsessedwithoranges I hope the spotting stopped and you're able to relax a little before you see your doc. ❤
  • @obsessedwithoranges I hope it's all good at your appointment, I'm so sorry for the worry.
  • @obsessedwithoranges I'm so sorry you're spotting! I personally would wait it out unless bleeding gets worse. I hope your spotting stops shortly. ❤️

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @obsessedwithoranges, thinking of you! ❤️
  • @obsessedwithoranges I hope the spotting has stopped! And that you’ve been able to take it easy this weekend (hard with a toddler, I know). ❤️