Weekly Check-in 2/14

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Valentine’s Day yay or nay? If yay, what are your plans this year? Or if the pandemic has squashed your plans, what was your best/worst Valentine’s Day?

Re: Weekly Check-in 2/14

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: August 27/12w2d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Pink! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: As tall as a Rubik’s Cube, haha.

Upcoming appointments: Early March

How are you feeling?: Barely any symptoms besides sleeping more than usual, and tbh that may be as much from winter depression as anything else at this point.

Rants/Raves: Telling in-laws this past week went exactly as I expected- they are super excited but MIL also made some weird comments. Counting down the days until we can tell more of our friends (probably next weekend)!

Questions: Now that many of us are hitting second trimester, anyone planning a babymoon of any sort? I’ve spent way too much time thinking about this as an escape from my current cold and dreary reality lately.

GTKY: Valentine’s Day yay or nay? If yay, what are your plans this year? Or if the pandemic has squashed your plans, what was your best/worst Valentine’s Day?: I’ll always take an excuse to get presents and go out to a fancy dinner, so in general I guess I’m pro-Valentine’s Day. We aren’t doing much this year though, due to the pandemic plus the fact that it’s the start of Chinese New Year so all our cooking and celebrations at home have been focused on that. H had a beautiful bouquet of roses delivered to the house this morning, which was very sweet!

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 11+5

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: still a large strawberry I think

Upcoming appointments: first OB doc visit in a few weeks

How are you feeling?: just hoping to feel better very soon. fatigue, headaches, food aversions/ nausea persisting 

Rants/Raves: I don't know why I live in MN (kidding, I do, its cuz DH loves hockey...). its been below zero for weeks. The high today is like -7 or something. I'm losing it, and so are my kids. I let the dog outside to pee this morning at -16 and he walked back in limping, poor thing. On the other hand, still not over the "low risk" results for NIPT, just soooooo happy (and a girl! but I would have been excited about either).

Questions: what are others in a similarly cold, lonely climate doing for their mental health? i'm going to try to schedule a monthly outing (right now its getting my hair done and a massage) to have something to look forward to.

GTKY: Valentine’s Day yay or nay? If yay, what are your plans this year? Or if the pandemic has squashed your plans, what was your best/worst Valentine’s Day? We dont celebrate valentines day ever. usually one of us works each holiday (not that its an actual holiday). we would like to get together with friends/ family and make cookies or something, but maybe one day that'll happen. 

@the_most_happy haven't thought about a babymoon. would love to, but have a 1 and 4 year old, and taking them both with us just seems like a lot of work right now. hoping it gets nicer soon tho, otherwise will have to rethink that...

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/21-22 /13-1

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Pokémon card

Upcoming appointments: March 

How are you feeling?: overall better. I’ve started gagging when I brush my teeth so that sucks. 

Rants/Raves: we told all our close friends and family this weekend, I’m glad to have it out there. 

Questions:

GTKY: Valentine’s Day yay or nay? If yay, what are your plans this year? Or if the pandemic has squashed your plans, what was your best/worst Valentine’s Day? 

We aren’t big on celebrating Valentine’s Day- usually get dinner and maybe chocolates. This year no take out but I grabbed chocolates. 

@the_most_happy we always do a trip to Lake Powell every summer. I’m looking forward to that. 

@surrenderdorothy I’ve heard great things about The Snoo. I’m planning on either buying or renting one. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/22 13 weeks today! 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out!  Hopefully soon because NIPT bloodwork was drawn last Tuesday. 🤞🏼

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: lemon 🍋 

Upcoming appointments: March 9th for 16 weeks

How are you feeling?: I don’t want to jinx it but SO MUCH BETTER!  I hope this is a good sign for 2nd trimester 

Rants/Raves: Rave-Closing on our new house on Tuesday!!  Rant-I really don’t want to pack!! 

Questions: anyone have experience with an anterior placenta?  I was told at my NT scan it appears I have one.  I’m a little bummed because I love feeling all the movements.  

We don’t typically do too much.  Good supper cooked at home and spend time together. 

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 8/26, 12w3d

Team: finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: baby’s foot is measuring 0.64cm! 

Upcoming appointments: none until March.

How are you feeling?: Still really queasy and totally fried. I’m still on a bit of a high after the ultrasound yesterday. I’m so glad we decided to get one done. 

Rants: We were video chatting with my ILs this morning and our oldest was wearing an Elsa princess dress and my MIL was just like “Well that’s different! That’s really different. Things have certainly changed since you [MH and his brothers] were little boys. That’s different...” and she just kept on about it. I rolled my eyes so hard, I swear I pulled a muscle. He had a Frozen themed party, we had sent photos of him and his friend dressed up in Elsa/Anna costumes...it is no surprise that your grandson loves Elsa, so just complement him on how fantastic the dress is.

Raves: I just found out that one of my close friends is due a week before me! That makes three good friends (@doodlemom131 included!) that are due in August! 

Questions: NATM.

GTKY: We don’t usually do anything for Valentine’s Day. Sometimes MH will surprise me with a Cadbury Fruit & Nut bar or two. I had big plans to make heart shaped pancakes for the kids and do some fun crafts, but hahahahaha that did not happen this year. I didn’t even send Valentine’s into daycare—a friend of mine who also had a kid in the same daycare made some extra for me so that my kid didn’t look like the class grinch 😅. 

@litzi-2 I don’t have any suggestions, I’m failing big time in this area, but a hair appointment and massage sounds amazing. 

@the_most_happy I’ve been thinking about a solo babymoon 😆 which I realize is not the point of a babymoon. But our kids are 2 and 4 and are kind of busy, so asking my Dad to watch them for anything more than a couple of hours is not really an option right now (or at least I don’t feel comfortable asking him). 

• @emily1052 I’ve heard amazing things about the Snoo. I need to talk to MH about of this will be our last or not because if it’s not then I’m thinking of buying one and not renting. We will see when it gets a little closer. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/1 16 weeks

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a can of coke

Upcoming appointments: I have a check in with the midwife on 2/25

How are you feeling?: Nausea has pretty much gone away now. I've been a little more emotional lately, and I'm having some joint pain (hips and knee, mostly). Otherwise I'm feeling okay. 

Rants/Raves: We're having really bad (for us) weather right now. There was a 100 car pile-up on the highway Thursday morning due to black ice. Thankfully I don't work in a hospital anymore, so I am not expected to go in to work when things are that bad, but its still scary. It's supposed to get worse tonight and tomorrow, so we'll see. 

Questions: NATM

We don't celebrate it. Sometimes we order a pizza, but even that tradition hasn't stuck around. My birthday is in November, then there's Hannukah/ Christmas in December, then our wedding anniversary in January, then MH's birthday is at the end of February. So we really don't need another holiday. :tongue:

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Aug 28/ 12+1

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a toy soldier 

Upcoming appointments: Wednesday!

How are you feeling?: Nausea is better. I'm now dealing with SPD around 3 months earlier than I expected it and can hardly walk so that's fun.

Rants/Raves: saw a pelvic floor physio yesterday and she was lovely. Hoping the exercises she gave me help.
    I'm super disappointed I can't partake in our rare snow day but at least H is taking photos for me. 

Questions:

We ordered dinner last night and it was amazing. I also bought all the yummy treats my heart desired. 
    I managed to put together a few things for DD and made pink pancakes this am before retiring to bed again 😅
  • @pickle-chips that's something my grandma would say! Just complement his outfit and move on with the day. I love how supportive you and your husband obviously are!

@surrenderdorothy my friend has a snoo, which she loves. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/28 12+1

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: team green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments: Feb 25

How are you feeling?: Still nauseous and tired. Occasionally vomiting as ND I've started gagging when brushing my teeth.

Rants/Raves: rant about the weather. Yesterday high of -3 and it's just too cold. Plus it snowed, I thought it was too cold to snow. 

Questions: natm

GTKY: Valentine’s Day yay or nay? If yay, what are your plans this year? Or if the pandemic has squashed your plans, what was your best/worst Valentine’s Day? We celebrated Friday since DW works weekends. I made a nice dinner and she got me some earrings.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/10, 14+6

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Peach

Upcoming appointments: 3/5

How are you feeling?: Feeling pretty good. Knocking on wood that this continues for a little while.

Rants/Raves: My dog seems to start crying for dinner earlier and earlier every day.

Questions: NATM

GTKY: Valentine’s Day yay or nay? If yay, what are your plans this year? Or if the pandemic has squashed your plans, what was your best/worst Valentine’s Day? I picked up some fancy coffee and a heart-shaped doughnut this morning that we shared - DH is trying to be more mindful about his eating but it's hard when he lives with a pregnant lady. Haha.

@the_most_happy - In April, we're renting an Air B&B in the woods, about a three hour drive away. I'm super excited since I haven't been traveling this past year.

• Congrats on the house @emily1052 !

I had an anterior placenta last time. It wasn't a big deal at all except not feeling movement till later, but after that I felt movement like anybody else. It was my first but I didn't feel anything till 20 ish weeks or so. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: August 12/14w3d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: We will be finding out on March 19!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Baby is the size of a Bubble Tape Bubble Gum

Upcoming appointments: March 19. I have an ultrasound (anatomy scan) and an appointment with my midwife

How are you feeling?: The nausea is finally gone! I did throw up one last time 2 days ago, out of nowhere - I'd been feeling better for a couple days and even felt fine that day until around 11pm at night. So weird but I'm pretty sure that's the last of it.

Rants/Raves: Nothing really to rant or rave about. 

Questions: n/a

GTKY: Valentine’s Day yay or nay? If yay, what are your plans this year? Or if the pandemic has squashed your plans, what was your best/worst Valentine’s Day? Not really yay or nay just meh. My husband always makes my favorite dish (he only makes it once a year on Valentine's Day) but we are pushing that to tomorrow because he's absolutely exhausted because our upstairs neighbor is being SUPER loud this week and waking him up super early every day, plus I accidently bought the wrong kind of pasta and didn't want to run to the store. 

• @surrenderdorothy @the_most_happy @emily1052 I had the snoo with DS And highly recommend it. Regretting selling it! Will prob rent it this time around. 

@s@shoogapoff my in-laws and other family live in your city - that 100 car pile up was so scary! 

EDD: 8/20, 13+2

team green/ pink/ finding out: green, for now at least! 

Upcoming appts: I’m supposed to see my MFM consultant for a growth scan on tuesday afternoon, but the weather is nuts here so idk if it will be cancelled. I hope not! Then, 16 week check up at my OB on March 10 (though I’ll be almost 17 weeks..) 

How are you feeling? Ugh still nauseous. I’m not surprised, bc I was sick till 23 weeks w DS, but I’m so over it. I’m puking a lot less though, but had a surprise vomiting session yesterday. At least I’m less tired... 

GTKY valentines: we’re pretty low key about valentines, but my husband did get me roses. We cooked dinner together tonight! 
  • @surrenderdorothy i tried the snoo for my second and he absolutely hated it. the louder/ faster it got, the more he screamed. it worked maybe 1/20 times, but overall his sleep was actually getting worse. i looked up reviews a few days ago and its totally hit or miss for people. i think if you have a good sleeper, they're a good sleeper in pretty much anything. mine were colicky babies that hated sleep! we ended up putting the crib in a "side car" style (just google side car crib), with one side down, against the bed and pushed up against the wall for stability, so they were always within arms reach (easy for BF). I didn't want to try another fancy thing that would just end up being a waste of money.

@fitmomma1989 thats adorable!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12+2, due 8/28

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: lime but my uterus is the size of a small melon apparently  

Upcoming appointments: not again until March at 16wks 

How are you feeling?: awful. I vomited all weekend. Yesterday I barely got out of bed. 

Rants/Raves: I’m so sick of being sick and not feeling myself! But I made it into work. I came in early despite the snow to meet a few folks, but one left and one wasn’t here. Mildly annoying! 

Questions:

We did Valentine’s Day on Saturday. I hinted for the past few weeks I wanted to do something, even just small.  DD stayed at my moms (first time in months). I ended up throwing up after dinner Saturday and was sick all day on the holiday, so there’s that! 

I’m dying for a baby moon, but I with DD in school, I’m not sure how we’d manage. We canceled our honeymoon due to covid. With the current restrictions and quarantining, I doubt we can manage. We do have a trip to KY lake that we do yearly, which we’ll go in June. It’s at least something to look forward to! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 13+1

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: team green!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a lemon

Upcoming appointments: next Thursday for regular check in 

How are you feeling?: less exhausted.  Still weird with needing to eat or I get nauseous (I actually start burping if it’s past time for me to eat!) and getting bloated later in the day.

Had some unexpected spotting last night, first time since about 5-6 weeks.  Went to OB and was relieved to hear the heartbeat.  We have not had a loss before but this is our first pregnancy in 10 years so the idea of losing it seems overwhelming.  They basically told me not to worry and keep next weeks appt.

Rants/Raves:

Questions: 

Don’t care much about Valentines... but my hubs got me flowers and chocolate covered strawberries because I begged for them 😂.  Strawberries have been my before bed snack and these are sooo good!

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: August 6. 15 weeks 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team finding out...I'm still waiting on an appointment

Upcoming appointments: In person appointment with my OB next Monday. 

How are you feeling?: Overall, great! Hip and back pain, but when I'm consistent with yoga, it's not so bad. It's also a good excuse to hide in the bath away from the big kids.

Rants/Raves: We are heading to my in-laws' cabin near Yosemite on Wednesday. I'm so looking forward to getting out of town and getting back to nature. 

Questions: Those of you who are feeling movement...how high do you typically feel it? 

Valentine's Day: COVID plus kids put a dent in our Valentine's plans, but it was fun celebrating with the kids this year. We made cookies and valentines for a couple of their friends and delivered them to their door steps. For dinner I made cajun shrimp and sausage pasta which was delicious, and I bought my husband a bottle of wine. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 13w3d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Boy

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: small peach

Upcoming appointments: Thursday and then every two weeks for cervix/growth checka

How are you feeling?: Tired, sluggish, constipated

Rants/Raves: I am still constipated but insoluble fiber pills are helping except the pills are so big, to swallow to I have to mix them with applesauce 🤢 I bought Calm Magnesium gummies and those give me diarrhea. I can't take Colace and Miralax (allergic). I might try to find an insoluble fiber powder to drink next.

Questions: What is everyone planning for infant care in the Fall?

GTKY: Valentine’s Day yay or nay? I made cards and baggies with slime and finger puppets for my 4 yo's friends but he is moving to a new class so I ended up making 16. We are embracing any chance to celebrate in a pandemic!

Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3 
  • @surrenderdorothy I think we will rent a Snoo for 4 months and then buy a Dockatot for the 4 month sleep regression and keep that in our bed with us and hopefully transfer him to his own room after that.

@litzi-2 Sorry to hear the nausea is persisting. Hang in there- mine is slowing lifting in Week 13. I missed the whole story on your NIPT. What does Low Risk mean? (I hate these tests.)

@emmylou78 I know exactly how you feel. Operating at 40% human and feeling awful about it just sucks. I am so happy my nausea is subsiding. I hope yours does, too.
    Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 13w + 5d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: will be fi ding out hopefully this week but I wonder if this crazy winter weather has put anything on hold.

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a lemon

Upcoming appointments: next Thursday  on the 25th is my 15w appointment 

How are you feeling?: overall I’m feeling fine

Rants/Raves: this cold and rolling blackouts suck👎🏻

Questions: none 

GTKY: Valentine’s Day yay or nay? This year DH overheard me talking about French macarons and bought me some along with flowers. Which makes me an “awful” wife because I didn’t get him anything. But we cooked steak dinner and it turned out great, the kids enjoyed it as well❤️