Infertility
Options

Introduction

Hello new friends. I'm new here, been reading a bit and wanted to introduce myself. I am 37, my husband is 39 and we've been ttc for about 1.5 years. I have low AMH, likely DOR. I just completed my first IVF cycle, which unfortunately did not go well. We had only two eggs, but neither were able to be fertilized. I tried to keep my expectations in check throughout the process but of course, we were crushed. We are hoping to start a second cycle immediately when my period comes (natural cycle start) if my body lets me.

If you have any advice about how to turn around a poor start to IVF, I'd love to read them!

It seems that everyone here is so supportive of each other -- it's so nice to read. Looking forward to joining you (esp you all in the low amh thread).

Re: Introduction

• Options
    Welcome @tangerine32! Sorry to hear that you haven't had much success so far. I hope your next cycle is more positive. I don't really have any tips, so much of it is pure luck and timing and your doctor's plan/meds giving you the right support. Definitely join in some of these bigger threads, they are more active!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    Join us on the low AMH thread -- so many great ladies full of advice! I had low AMH (0.62) but normal AFC going into my first IVF and we were fortunately able to secure 2 day 6 embryos. I just had a second cycle with an even lower AMH and got similar results (they are being tested now). So low AMH isn't a death knell even if you appear to be a poor responder -- what supplements are you taking, if any? Any acupuncture/massage/etc? I would also recommend the book "It Starts With an Egg" to learn how to increase egg quantity and quality.

Many of the ladies in the low AMH thread used donor eggs so if that's something you're curious about, they know much more about that than me!

I have a friend through another group who had a similar story as you -- few (if any) eggs retrieved that never fertilized. She ended up going the donor egg route and now has a happy little guy! So there's hope. I think the biggest part of this whole journey is coming to the realization that your family may not look or start how you dreamed it would -- and being able to soldier on. 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."