April 2021 Moms
Options

All due date check-in w.o 2/1

2»

Re: All due date check-in w.o 2/1

• Options
    kadeephdkadeephd member
    edited February 2021
    @anarmillay92918 I thought calcium inhibited iron absorption, no?  And vitamin C assisted in absorption?  I've had low iron before too and supplemented for it, and was right on the edge of low on my last blood draw.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kadeephdVitamin C is definitely what I meant. Baby brain. Doy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @anarmillay92918 was it vitamin C they wanted you to take it with? Calcium interferes with the absorption so should be spaced out from it (having been slightly anemic with both prior pregnancies I've gone down this rabbit hole so much :P). I'm bad at swallowing pills so just need to find something I'll actually take, I think. Also, when we move over to FB or wherever we go we can discuss further but we are probably less than half an hour apart (not to be creepy but saw on your Peloton profile).

@bblair24 oo I will definitely ask for some advice when I get there. There's lots of sewers and knitters in my second BMB (which is super active and has a crafts messenger thread) but no one who specifically crochets so it'll be great to chat! Right now I'm making some pretty simple headbands for the girls. I'm doing a Craftsy class and a pattern for a cowl is next, then a hat, then a cluster scarf. I started trying to do rounds and messed up and then got my new crochet hook and yarn in bigger sizes so wanted to make actual headbands that could be used (although DD1 was all excited about it and then a switch flipped and she was a brat about picking out a button to go on it so idk if I'm going to make her more things).

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @kvh22 yup vitamin c - I blame baby brain. Fixed it now. 

Also yes! I saw that on peloton too! What a small world :) 
  • Options
    @kvh22 that made me laugh because being bratty about a button sounds exactly like my DD1 😂 I crochet stuffed animals! I’m actually really bad at hats and things that need sizes, and I get bored with blankets. So I work mostly in rounds with those! I have completed a few blankets and also made a shawl for my grandma last year. 
  • Options
    @rexnie SO cool that you’re involved with studies!! Can I ask how you found them / signed up for them?? I’ve always wanted to do something similar while pregnant (like trials or product testing or even modeling haha) but never have!! Seems like such an awesome thing to do right now!!
  • Options
    @rexnie SO cool that you’re involved with studies!! Can I ask how you found them / signed up for them?? I’ve always wanted to do something similar while pregnant (like trials or product testing or even modeling haha) but never have!! Seems like such an awesome thing to do right now!!
    I found out about one just by following OBs on instagram (@drmartaperez is my favorite). Then I was contacted directly by the CDC after declaring my pregnancy on V-safe!
  • Options
    Thanks @rexnie! I will go look her up!