August 2021 Moms

PGAL 2/7

This is a check in for those of us who are experiencing pregnancy after a loss (miscarriage, chemical pregnancy, stillbirth, child loss, to name a few). Hopefully we can all lend support to each other through the hormone filled ride that is pregnancy!

Just a reminder: there is a general loss trigger warning on this entire thread. 

How far along are you? Any milestones?  

How are you feeling (physically)?

How are you feeling (mentally/emotionally)?

When is your next appointment? 

Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)

Re: PGAL 2/7

• How far along are you? Any milestones?  11+1. Passed 3 out of four

How are you feeling (physically)? A little better, but not much. Still battling nausea 24/7 and the fact the nothing sounds good except candy 🤦

How are you feeling (mentally/emotionally)? I was starting to go a little crazy having to wait until the 25th so I purchased a fetal doppler. It arrived yesterday and I couldn't find the baby's heartbeat. Tried again today and found it in less than five minutes after watching some videos as advised! Thank you ladies! 

When is your next appointment? Feb 25th

Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here) I have had very light spotting (barely noticeable on tp but obvious on my underwear and not enough to warrant a liner) when I "exert" myself. Mostly it's when I carry my almost 2 year old for an extended (5+ minutes) amount of time. This can't be normal. He turns 2 on the 24th and he's not even 25 lbs. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @Kenneylynn3 I spotted all the way through the first trimester with this one and with my daughter before this one.  My dr told me not to lift anything since that could make it worse.  It may not even been from the uterus, there is a lot of blood flow to the cervix as well and any kind of straining might make something bleed a little.  When I mentioned it to the lady who did my ultrasound at the hospital she said spotting is a lot more common than people talk about and/or realize.

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? Any milestones?  13+1 - passed all milestones a while ago

How are you feeling (physically)? Fine! Some food aversions still, but nothing terrible. Craving healthy food, which is new and different :lol:

How are you feeling (mentally/emotionally)? In that weird cycle (I think someone mentioned this last week) of feeling great after the appt, then fine, then anxious, then dreading the next appt. I'm in the anxious week now (I go back 2/17). I felt some movement last week and haven't felt anything since. Which I *know* is normal intellectually, but emotionally I'm still panicked.

When is your next appointment? 2/17

Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): I did a big Trader Joe's run this weekend and stocked up on all my favorite healthy snacks, but then I came into my office this morning and it is FULL of leftovers from the Parents' Association dessert party. When offered brownies or cashews, what would you choose? Because as much as I'm craving healthy food, I'm still choosing the brownies.

• How far along are you? Any milestones?  12+4, all milestones have passed 

How are you feeling (physically)? blehhh, up and down. i'm so bloated, i feel like i say that every check-in lol but by the end of the day i just feel so gassy and distended, it's so uncomfortable. aside from that i've still got mild food aversions, headaches, weird sleep patterns, but i feel like most symptoms have kind of settled down 

How are you feeling (mentally/emotionally)? same as you @BourbonBiscuits i'm in that cycle right now, i was ecstatic last week after hearing the heartbeat for the second time and passing all milestones. now i'm in the dreading appointment phase. i'm considering a doppler but idk if that'll make it better or worse! 

When is your next appointment? NIPT results any day now, and NT ultrasound on Thursday :# i'm so nervous, but looking forward to announcing to more extended family after the results hopefully

Rants/raves/whatever: i am supposed to get my second COVID vaccine dose this weekend and i'm nervous! everyone tells me the second one kicks your butt. i'm both excited to be fully vaccinated and kinda dreading it. if i wasn't pregnant i wouldn't trip, the first dose was really easy i just took my temperature a lot to make sure i never spiked a fever and was fine but we'll see! 

• How far along are you? Any milestones?  11+2 

How are you feeling (physically)? Tired, nauseous on and off 

How are you feeling (mentally/emotionally)? Pretty good. I use the doppler every few days to keep my mind at ease. 

When is your next appointment? Feb 17th for an extra ultrasound

Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here) I posted in symptoms that I'm pretty sure I have pregnancy rhinitis again.
    I sleep so poorly and wake up breathing through my mouth. I'm going to try breathe right strips and a nasal rinse tonight. 🤞

• @ladyk127 thank you. I know spotting was normal especially with exertion, I just didn't expect lifting my son to be considered such. I have had bleeding (went to the ER) in two of my pregnancies due to a SCH's.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq