June 2021 Moms

TTGP Check-In 1/29

This check in is for the ladies who actively participated in the Trying to Get Pregnant Board for any length of time.

How far along are you?
Upcoming Appointments?
Cravings/Symptoms?
How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms?
Questions?

Adding here: Did we want to make this a monthly thread where we can come back at any point throughout the month to check in with each other re: appointments/updates/etc. instead of a weekly thread?
TTC History- *TW* LC
Me: 24 Dh: 46
Married: 10.2018
DS #1: 06.2014
Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

Re: TTGP Check-In 1/29

• Thanks @ashaislurking for starting this! It has been awhile since we did one (or maybe I missed one) 

How far along are you? 21 weeks 
    Upcoming Appointments? Next Wed
    Cravings/Symptoms? No cravings still, I favor citrusy food but no true recurring cravings. Symptoms wise the most annoying is the pelvic pain. Feels like it is going to split me in two. 
    How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? Feeling good, have a lot more energy than first trimester. Trying to get as much done on all the to do lists as I can before I get to miserable to move. Rave is I have been able to get some consistent workouts in! 
    Questions?  NATM
  • @ramzlau good work getting in workouts. I have not been good about those the past few weeks.

How far along are you? 22+4
    Upcoming Appointments? 2/8 26 week appointment
    Cravings/Symptoms? All things Buffalo chicken. Buffalo chicken fingers, salads, wraps, etc.
    How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? Feeling pretty good. Cleaned the house this morning and found myself pulling the couch apart and vacuuming out under the cushions. Nesting much? Nice to have a clean house now. It's 18 degrees out today so we are going to have a movie afternoon with DS as a family. Looking forward to the popcorn! 
    Questions? NATM
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Loading the player...
  • @DoubleUp8 Ohhh Buffalo chicken does sound good! Have you made/had the dip? Now I want to make some lol. And this is why I stay far away from the craving thread. Enjoy the movie time and popcorn! 
  • How far along are you? 18+4
    Upcoming Appointments? Feb 9th (anatomy scan) & Feb 12th (telehealth)
    Cravings/Symptoms? All fairly mild, but I'll whine anyway: almost-daily headaches, growing pains, more tired than I'd like to be. It's not really that bad, though, until I decide to try prune juice again and feel sick for a day (yesterday I seriously only had one ounce....thinking of trashing it)
    How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? Rave -- looks like we'll get some snow tomorrow! Might be the most in 5 years, which is less impressive when you realize we've had close to zero snow in the past several years. Rant -- bad GrubHub experience last night. Dude didn't read the instructions I included (or the signs posted all over) and yelled at me over the phone. I held my cool until he showed up at the door with the bag in tatters, spaghetti and sauce literally dripping all over his hands. I got a refund and the restaurant made another order that I picked up, but was still infuriated by his attitude. Normally I'd feel badly for him (sh*t happens, it's not an easy job), but he was so rude I have zero sympathy. My husband picked the original order out of our bushes this morning. 
    Questions? None right now

As far a weekly vs. monthly, I'm fine with either! 
  • @ramzlau Hooray for the energy increase. Definitely feel you on the pelvic pain. Have you tried a support band? That's what my ObGyn recommends to help, that and some PT exercises to stretch out the pelvis. If you'd like I can see if I can find my PT worksheet and post a photo of it here for you!
    @DoubleUp8 YUM buffalo chicken... That sounds so good... I hope you have a great movie day!
    @akoros It's so weird for me to see people get excited about snow (we currently have at least a foot of snow on the ground), but I'm glad you're excited about it! I'm so sorry about your GrubHub order. That sounds like an awful experience.

How far along are you? 19w today- another milestone week (fetal surgery week), taking it day by day
    Upcoming Appointments? Feb. 22 (ObGyn) Mar. 15 (MFM)
    Cravings/Symptoms? Craving lots of sweets (currently munching on chocolate rice cakes while typing this) and DEFINITELY starting to feel the round ligament pain setting in. On the up side of symptoms, I've been feeling her kick more frequently which is really reassuring.
    How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? I fell behind with grad school quite a bit because I was heavily processing my trauma so I'm working on getting caught back up. Thankfully my professors are really understanding about the situation. I also found out at my last ObGyn appointment that I'll definitely be delivering during Spring semester finals week so I need to have a conversation with my professors next semester about that. I'm doing a bit better with trauma processing now and I'm allowing myself to do a little more in terms of baby prep. Still taking it slow but we now have a bassinet and a handful of outfits. I had a crib gifted to me and that's still FIRMLY tucked away in storage on my porch. Not ready to deal with that one yet. It'll come. Right now I'm trying to focus on a couple of professional milestones I'll be hitting soon. I'll be attending my first ACA conference this year (virtually), possibly presenting research at my state ACA conference this fall, and I'm working on a research publication to submit to a specialized journal under the APA on which my name will be listed as the primary author (scary, exciting, SO many emotions). VERY exciting things happening. My faculty mentor also wants me to consider presenting one of the projects we're working on at a national conference. A little nervous about the thought of that (I've only ever done local, state, and regional conferences before) but I definitely think I'm up for the challenge.
    Questions? NATM

Monthly vs weekly- I'm also good with either, I do really like checking back in with y'all regularly. Feels like a little TTGP family.
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section

• How far along are you? 20+5 
    Upcoming Appointments? Monday Feb 1st i have an OB appt. 
    Cravings/Symptoms? Lately I have been craving omelettes and chips and dip. Lol As for symptoms, just itchy skin (not belly), pelvic pain here and there, headaches on and off and gas 😆 
    How are you doing? Honestly I have been feeling pretty good this 2nd tri. Im loving it 🙂 Have an increase in energy so have been working out daily like a mad women lol trying to keep tone and in shape. 
    Rants/Raves/Randoms? Going to go visit my BIL and SIL and little neice tomorrow so im excited for that and im getting a new onsie made for me and DH for our pregnancy announcement coming up on FB next week. So exicted but nervous. 
    Questions?NATM 

I'm also fine with a weekly or monthly thread. Doesnt matter to me. I like checking in with you ladies ❤ 
  • @mindyb2019 I hope you have a great visit tomorrow with your family! Super exciting about your announcement! Sending lots of love and good vibes as you navigate the nerves.
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @ashaislurking thank you 😊 Sending you love during your milestone week. Thats awesome you had a crib gifted to you. 
  • @ashaislurking Would love those PT exercises if you find them! Those professional milestones are amazing! It is great that you are keeping on track with those! Send all the warm thoughts for the milestone week. Hope it passes quickly! 

@mindyb2019 Hope you enjoy family time! Excited to see your announcement! 
  • @ashaislurking Haha, I know. It's rarer here (a foot would shut us down for a week), and will melt by next weekend. That's so great about the papers and conferences, very exciting! 
  • Hi guys!! This has been a crazy week but I'm here!! Lol

@ashaislurking that so exciting about your professional milestones!! Good luck with everything!
    @akoros we're getting the same storm tonight and tomorrow. Did it start by you yet? Sorry about your food-- that's the worst! DH never orders delivery for that very reason, we always pick up. We've been together 14 years and I can count on one hand how many times we've gotten delivery lol. 
    @mindyb2019 hope you have a great visit today! We're also probably going to announce next weekend- so exciting!
    @DoubleUp8 yay nesting!! I love how clean my house feels after I've gone through a nesting craze. How much snow are you guys expecting?? 
    @ramzlau yay workouts!! I've really fallen off the wagon this week, but need to get something in today so I can meet my monthly goal (20 days for 21 minutes each month of 2021). 
  • How far along are you? 18+5? 
    Upcoming Appointments? Fetal echo on 2/5, regular ob 2/5, rheumatologist 2/10, then AS 2/19. I'm exhausted just looking at that. 
    Cravings/Symptoms? Craving sweets and still really off meat. I need to get more protein. I've been feeling really sick this week due to the hydroxychloroquine. I was yup for 2 hours last night with extremely painful gas from it ugh.
    How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? This week was crazy- I'm back in person for school, which has been mixed- great to see people and get back into that routine, but my space hasn't been cleaned well, and other people use it when I'm gone for the day so that's stressful. Ds2 started back at preschool and has been so happy, but his sleep schedule has been thrown off so he's waking for the day at 4AM. I have painful gas at night and insomnia so I'm not sleeping well. Got the first covid vaccine on Wednesday, and my grandmother passed away on Thursday. We weren't close (only saw her once every 5 years or so), and she was in her late 90s, no recent illness, passed in her sleep, so while it's sad it's also a relief that it was so peaceful for her and she was at home. Been talking with my dad a lot (his mom) and trying to figure out memorial plans, which seem like they'll take place sometime in June/July in my state, so I'll be able to attend. Also we're getting a blizzard tonight. 
    Questions? Am I crazy for thinking we'll put the nursery together when I'm 36 weeks? We have almost everything still (need to get a new crib mattress) and I'm using the space as a home office right now for when I virtually teach in the afternoons.

Weekly/monthly- ok with either!! I like checking in with you ladies. 
  • akorosakoros member
    edited January 2021
    @mindyb2019 I used you a inspiration and **finally** did a work out, thank you!

@_orchid_ The problem is that if we don't do 3rd party app delivery we'll either eat from the same two in-house delivery places or I'll have to cook since we're not eating out these days. I don't mind picking stuff up, but my husband never wants to (usually because at that point he's had a beer or two) and feels badly sending me out. I might start telling him we're doing delivery and just change the option to "pickup" when I finalize, since I manage the app accounts anyway. We ordered last night and it was a far better experience. Really we've only had one or two debacles, which isn't bad considering we order out at least twice a week now (before it'd be once a week since we'd go out).

Regarding your nursery, I'm putting it off for the same reason. I think the current plan is a bassinet in our room for about 6mo anyway, so really wouldn't much need the dedicated nursery until December. We'd get things sooner, of course, but don't see the need to rush it. My idea right now is to have my husband still use it as an office until the baby really needs to sleep in there. The room is big enough to shove a crib and dresser/ changing table without moving his stuff. This seems mostly important early on when my parents will want to be here to help (the guest room is where my husband will ultimately relocate his desk).
  • @ramzlau yes, I love chicken wing dip. DH, who loves all things spicy and all buffalo wings, for d some reason gets a sour stomach from the Frank's buffalo wing dip recipe. Yet he can eat jalapenos straight from the jar 🙄

I haven't made buffalo dip because I know I would be eating it all myself!
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Ugh...I want to make a buffalo chicken layer dip so badly, but usually only do so for parties so we don't have to eat it all ourselves. Will probably just do something like chili
  • @akoros I've always been an order delivery person so it has been an adjustment lol. Now in the time of covid I jump to get out of the house so have been doing more than my usual share of pick up. We've been ordering a lot more than usual the last 10 months too- I feel like deciding/cooking dinner is the last thing I have patience for lol. That makes sense for your nursery!! I want to at least order the mattress/open it to let it breathe a bit before June but the rest i think can be done in a day. 
  • @_orchid_ I swear, the decision/planning process is at least half the battle. That's why we started doing meal kits a few years ago, I love cooking but removing that planning step took a huge load off of me.