August 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 1/25

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/25

• Options
    That’s a shame she’s so adamant to you about it @ladyk127. Because I work in healthcare, I think everyone assumes I’ve gotten it. I had 3 people ask me yesterday. I ended up telling 1 I was pregnant and may get it later. The other two, I simply said that I just hadn’t gotten it yet but my husband had. That seemed enough for them because they really only wanted to talk about side effects anyway. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So the cousin that I referred to in my earlier post who had been TTC and was sending me all of these articles that it's fine to get the vaccine while pregnant just FaceTimed me earlier to tell me she was pregnant.  She was sobbing because she's scheduled to get the vaccine but now she isn't sure (because I was so adamant about not getting it) and I honestly didn't know what to say.  She has terrible asthma and even not being pregnant is very high risk.  I didn't know how to tell her that it would probably be fine while also refusing to get it myself.  So hard on everyone to make the right call.

@the_most_happy I'm going to be pretty quarantined until the baby comes.  While I don't love the idea of being isolated for that long, I've already had a scare from a teacher friend of mine that I was with before she was told she was a close contact.  I have bad anxiety so that was worse for me than feeling isolated honestly.  We'll have to see how I feel once the warm weather comes and the positivity rate in the state is low again.

• Options
    @the_most_happy I'm def over the isolation as well. We see people outside, with masks on and distanced and I think that's pretty safe. However it's obviously super cold so we haven't seen anyone in a while. Besides that, I literally don't go inside anywhere. Either curbside pickup, delivery, or DW goes. So I'm pretty isolated. DW goes to the grocery store, but otherwise same as me. Amazon makes a lot of money from my household... DD is in school but all the teachers got vaxxed and the kids wear masks so thinks it's relatively safe. I'm scheduled to work from home till Sept and so is DW. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    alexa_94alexa_94 member
    edited January 2021
    @the_most_happy The vaccine isn’t currently available for me in my area but I don’t go out and I am new to my area so have no friends *yet*. With the pandemic and General Orders for our military installation it’s kind of hard to get out and know people. Plus being military my husband has to stay locked down pretty much.

He has a curfew as well from 10pm-5am. We also can’t have 6+ visitors in our home and can’t have gatherings of 50+ outdoors but our state also has a limit of 25.
    We can’t go 150 miles away from post without a pass, and if we have a pass we would need to quarantine for a week then have restricted movement for another week (can only go to work). We have to do grocery pick up and can’t dine in restaurants (food has to be delivered or pick up.) He might have to deploy during this pregnancy, so he is required to get the vaccine due to this. During the holidays they locked down post as well, canceled trusted traveler which allows those without a DoD ID on post as long as someone in The vehicle had a valid military ID. 
    They also have hand wash station on post at the hospital, gas stations, commissary and PX etc. Mask mandates are required for military service members and family on and off post. These places are also manned to make sure people are hand washing plus they check your temp and ask you questions about how your feeling and where you’ve been. 
    Violating any of the general orders is subject to an article 15 which is not good.
  • Options
    Wow, that irony came in hard @ladyk127! Did she know she was pregnant when she was sending you all that stuff encouraging you to get it? At least she realizes now how hard it is of a decision. If your cousin is eligible now, she will still be eligible later too, likely, so that it could give her time to make an appointment and talk to her doctor first. I had my appointment made, but canceled when I got my positive test. I can always get vaccinated later though. Your cousin wouldn’t have to decide right now or just never be able to get it (barring vaccine depletion or something huge). 
  • Options
    @emmylou78 I know, right. She didn’t know yet when she was sending me all of the articles. She has PCOS and erratic cycles because of it. She didn’t realize she had ovulated and was pregnant. So i guess technically she was pregnant when she sent them, she just didn’t know it yet. She ended up moving her vaccine appt out a few weeks until after her first ultrasound and so she will be in her second trimester. Her brother is a doctor and that was his suggestion. 

• Options
    I’m TB mobile browser, now that the app died. But it’s currently not giving me unread notifications for new posts? Ugh, so frustrating!