June 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms - Week of 01/24

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms - Week of 01/24

• @DoubleUp8 sorry for your loss <3 It’s never easy losing a family member but losing them during these times where gatherings aren’t allowed is even worse. Hope you will be able to visit and honour him at a later time. 
  • @DoubleUp8 I'm so sorry for your loss. It's such a difficult time. 😔
  • Loading the player...
  • @DoubleUp8 I'm so sorry for your loss. It's terrible covid prevents us from these moments of being together. I hope your H finds closure through all this. 
  • @DoubleUp8 sorry for your loss. Covid makes it so much harder. I hope the family can get together when things get better (and please let that not be too far away) and all celebrate his life and grieve together.
  • @DoubleUp8, I’m so sorry. Not being able to say goodbye is so hard. I’ve mentioned but my H’s grandma died in October and she was also a surrogate grandma to me as all my grandparents have passed on. We also didn’t get to see bye and hadn’t seen her since December. It almost feels like it’s hard to have closure. Sending you tons of hugs. Hopefully, once covid is better, you can celebrate his life and the wonderful person he was. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @DoubleUp8 I'm so very sorry for your loss. Take lots of care of yourselves! sending love and healing vibes.
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @DoubleUp8 So sorry for your loss! It is so hard watching SO grieve and to feel it so deeply yourself. Hope you both feel loved and supported by friends and family through this time. 
  • @DoubleUp8 I’m sorry for your loss 
  • @DoubleUp8 I'm really sorry for your loss.  I agree, during Covid it has been so much harder to grieve losses without being able to physically be there for our loved ones and experience closure.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @_orchid_ Yes, this all started when I was in TTGP. He had the fall and we didn't think he would survive the surgery to repair his leg. He had been doing better in the autumn months, but then he took a turn in December right after his 90th birthday.

@AKuzReve I remember and I am sorry for your loss. It is so hard to suffer a loss like this, but especially during COVID. 

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. <3
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• @DoubleUp8 Sorry for your loss, sending positive healing thoughts to you and YH  <3
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @DoubleUp8 - So sorry for your loss!
  • @DoubleUp8 I’m so sorry for your loss.  I can’t imagine losing someone and not even getting to go to the funeral.  😢
  • @DoubleUp8 I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending lots of positive vibes to you and your family.

Me: 32 years old
    DH: 33 years old
    Married in May 16, 2015
         TTC #1 (on and off) since September 2015
    DS1 Due 6.7.2021
  • @DoubleUp8 I'm so sorry for your loss. My husband's grandfather died of COVID this past summer, so they haven't been able to have any sort of funeral/memorial yet (family is scattered all over). It's made it hard to get closure and properly grieve. 
  • @DoubleUp8 I’m so sorry for your loss.
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• @mindyb2019 that's so great! I'm glad she was excited.

@angelz429 ah from the mouths of babes. They are honest little people.
    ~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• Ugh my son had another serious allergy reaction today. It’s our first very severe “in the wild” reaction since May when he was 8 months old. Seems like it might be a new allergy. I am drained from all this allergy stuff. It feels like we’re going backwards instead of forwards. I just want my poor little boy to be ok and to not have to constantly restrict his diet. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @AKuzReve awww I’m so sorry!! That must have been so scary. I hope you find out what triggered it. Poor little guy. 
  • @AKuzReve in so sorry! DS has a peanut allergy and had his first reaction at 10 months. It was so scary. I hope you can figure out what caused the reaction.
    ~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• @AKuzReve I hope you can figure out what caused it! Allergies and dietary restrictions can be so hard!
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @mc0303 I’ve had a doula with both my births and I’ve also gotten an epidural both times. I labored with both unmedicated for most of it and then broke down and got the medicine. I was especially glad I had a doula with my first because when I decided I wanted the epidural she advocated for me and got me the best nurse to place it. My second epidural was even better than the first. I did hypnobabies, though, so I have no clue if she found the guy who placed it or not because I was hypnotizing myself...or trying 🤣

We also need a bigger car. I have a station wagon right now and it’s HARD love. It’s a luxury car so that’s nice but it’s also just completely perfect for our needs. It’s low to the ground so the 3.5 yr old can easily climb in himself. It has a huge trunk, my double stroller fits in so easily. When we travel it’s never a struggle to fit everything. I can change diapers in the back. It’s not massive so it easily fits in spots and I can easily parallel park it. I’m heartbroken we can’t do 3 car seats in it. We need to go test drive but I’m leaning towards an odyssey. I don’t want a van but that might just be where we are with 3 RFing car seats. I’m completely opposed to a huge SUV. I’m not about to lift our Doona into a huge truck. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH and I just got back from a staycation at Disney(we’re locals). It was so nice to get away before #4 comes but we found ourselves referencing the other kids all the time 😆 

And in typical parenting fashion, one of the three got in trouble within an hour of us picking them up from my parents house 🤪
  • @Omie_Wise thank you so much for sharing!! That makes me feel great about my choice. 
  • Anyone looking at vans- one of the things to look at (depending on where you live) is how they handle in the snow. I live at the bottom of a hill and have a Siena- 4 wheel drive in the snow. My friend lived at the top of a hill and could never get home in snow in her odyssey. She ended up trading in her odyssey for a siena. 
  • @AKuzReve allergies are so hard. Sorry mama. Hope you figure out the trigger soon!

for what it’s worth, my hubs was a hard no on the van.... until I pointed out the sliding doors. Hubs has anxiety and would get so frustrated with ADHD DS who would slam his door open on any and all things next to us (sorry if you had the misfortune of parking next to us 😬)

we traded in an suv with 3rd row that was completely useless Bc we either had no trunk space or the third row was a pain to get to. Got a Kia Sedona. Hubs said he will never not own a van with kids now. He also plays hockey and loves the storage capacity. We took out the middle front row seat so it has captain like chairs and it really it super wonderful. 🥰
  • Would a car specific thread be helpful? We are starting to do research before car shopping and I’m so overwhelmed. I’d love to hear what others are driving or looking at. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 yes, please! We’re in the same boat over here. 
  • We bought a car almost two years ago now, and this will hopefully be our first (so no big vans here), but happy to contribute to a thread! I did most of the research, and then dragged my husband to the dealerships to test drive.
  • @mc0303 Doulas are great no matter your birth decisions! They are there to support and guide you with evidence based knowledge and experience. If you do get an epi that absolutely does not mean the doula will sit out! She will still hold space for you, help reposition you, make sure your needs are met, etc. Don't feel silly with any birthing decision. 
    Married <3 August 2010
    DD1  <3 August 2011
    DD2 <3 August 2013
    DD3 <3 February 2017
  • @disgruntled_pelican thank you thank you thank you! 

• @angelz429 the sliding doors 100% -esp with an infant! We got ours when ds2 was 5 months old. The week before I was coming out of a store with him in the infant seat, and a brand new tesla had parked so close to me I couldn't get his seat in the car without having my door open all the way into the Tesla.