June 2021 Moms

January Appointments Thread

124»

Re: January Appointments Thread

• @ramzlau I went during those weeks for my other pregnancies bc I have hypothyroidism, and they just wanted to check baby's size. I can't remember if you have thyroid issues? I can't remember if it's an AMA protocol where I go bc I did it prior to being AMA also. 
  • mindyb2019mindyb2019 member
    edited January 2021
    @ramzlau yay for a great scan and healthy baby. So happy to hear that. 

@ruemcclanahan yay!! Glad your appt went well and baby is doing great. 

@ashaislurking glad you were able to set up a plan for birth with your OB. Glad your AFP all came back normal. Edited to add: Does every pregnant women have to have a AFP test? I've never had one and wasn't sure if it was a common thing or for just certain people? Why is this test done? 
  • Loading the player...
  • @mindyb2019 I got my AFP drawn because I'm extremely high risk due to my medical and previous pregnancy history (also why I got a full microdeletion NIPT as opposed to the standard quad screen and why I got an early anatomy scan). It's normal for some populations (AMA, high risk) and within some OB practices to do an AFP but not everyone gets it. The screening tests primarily for neural tube defects and down's syndrome but there are some other benefits to getting it done as well (including knowing whether additional growth monitoring in pregnancy is indicated).
    @ramzlau It's crazy to even start thinking about L&D and post-birth plans already! I was shocked when my ObGyn asked if we wanted to go ahead and get my c-section on the books! Makes it all feel so much more real having a tangible deadline.
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @ramzlau I had appts at 28 and 34 weeks with each. From what I can remember, they were like quick AS. It was cool to see the 4d ultrasounds at those times!
  • I can’t believe some of us are already scheduling csections or discussing dates. That definitely makes it seem like it is so much closer. Also, like maybe I should actually start on the nursery before I am huge and unable to move as easily.
  • @mindyb2019 I've never had an AFP test and I have been AMA for all my pregnancies.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @mindyb2019 I had one, but I'm AMA, have a history of pregnancy loss, and my OB is generally very pro-testing (as am I, particularly anything noninvasive that is covered by insurance). It primarily tests for neural tube defects like spina bifida, and some tests also look for Down Syndrome (mine didn't, as I was already tested in the NIPT and Ultrascreen). Like any of the testing, it really just depends on your personal history, preference, practice, and maybe location (I could have misunderstood, but a friend in California called it the "state test" and said it was required for her). 

So glad to hear about all the great appointments! Still nervous waiting for mine...13 days and counting...
  • marebear15marebear15 member
    edited January 2021
    @ashaislurking - That's so cool to have a delivery date already! And 6/3 sounds so much closer than my end-of-June due date 😉

@klj0228 - I'm in the same boat. Someone asked me today if I was "done" and "ready." Me: "Gosh nope, I don't have any clothes or the nursery even started." I'm going to have to move my now 12 month old to her older sister's room first 😳
  • rvamom90rvamom90 member
    edited January 2021
    @mindyb2019 I had one this time but not the first time. I think it's also provider dependent. I'm not AMA nor have I experienced any losses but my OB still recommended getting it done so I did. With my first, I was in a different state with a different provider (and different insurance).
  • @marebear15 My due date is 6/26 and I was definitely not expecting to deliver in early June. Mid June is more what I was anticipating but with my risk history my doctors don't want to push it. Definitely feels WAY closer than my original due date that's for sure!
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @akoros I am in CA and I think my OB called it state testing. It was like 10 vials! Does your OB just go over the results at the next appointment? It has been 2 weeks and I haven’t heard anything...
  • @ramzlau Ok, that's way beyond just an AFP! The AFP test I had was just one vial, sounds like the did some sort of panel. For me I suppose they'll discuss at my next appointment, but the results came back pretty fast (a couple of business days) and then I just got a note in the portal that my results came back normal. 
  • Oh my gosh @ashaislurking!! How exciting to have a date!! 

@akoros ha! I like your style of not buying anything until April. That means no clutter in the house too. 
  • @tilournextadventure Definitely! Started out due to paranoia, but the more I think about it the more I like the idea of thinking hard on what we really need, as I know we'll need to recalibrate anyway once the little one reveals her preferences. We have a small house, so always interested in cutting down on the clutter