June 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms - Week of 01/24

What’s happening? What’s going on this week? 

Re: Weekly Randoms - Week of 01/24

• Is anyone else's eyelashes falling out? I used to have long beautiful eyelashes and now during pregnancy they have all fallen out and are like tiny nubs long. It looks like they got burnt or singed off. Everytime I look in the mirror and do my makeup for work or go out I cry cause I feel soo ugly with no eyelashes and it bothers me to no end 😢😭 Does anyone know if there is anything safe I can use during pregnancy to help them grow back?? If not, I guess ill be becoming that girl that glues on fake eyelashes every day :( 
  • @mindyb2019 I don’t have any advice but come to think of it, I’ve had more irritation in my eyes lately due to fallen lashes and last night I rubbed my eyes and like 3 lashes came loose 😫 I’d see if there’s pregnancy-safe lash serum. Fake lashes are nice, but you might risk pulling more out when you take them off (I know I do) 
  • Loading the player...
  • @mindyb2019 I haven’t had that problem now or in past pregnancies. I hope they grow back long and full again!
  • @mindyb2019 my fingernails turn to crap during pregnancy/breastfeeding bc the hormones, but then go back to normal soon after. Like brittle, but peelable at the same time. I get a lot of ingrown toenails while pregnant, but never any time else. Idk about my eyelashes bc they're always crap 😂 
  • @_orchid_ that's adorable! 
  • @_orchid_ I'm cracking up over your DS2's response. That's cute for that age. 
  • @_orchid_ omg I started laughing out load to DH on the couch reading DS2’s response 😆😂 soo cute. 
  • @_orchid_, that is hilarious and adorable! 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• You guys the combo of mom brain and pregnancy brain is the worst. 

Every Saturday, we get our groceries delivered but I have to complete the order on Friday night so there’s random place holder stuff. On Saturday morning I was like “oh no! I forgot to do the order”. 🤦🏽‍♀️ So we got a bunch of random crap. I snagged a time for Monday and said we’d do our proper order then. Well...it had to be in on Saturday and not Sunday so I forgot. So more random crap coming today. 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️ sigh. I just can’t remember anything. My brain is in overdrive. 

• @mindyb2019 I haven’t noticed my eyelashes falling out but my eyebrows seem to randomly be thinning. I think late this summer I’m going to look into microblading.

@_orchid_ that is so cute and hilarious.

@AKuzReve i always forget to go the grocery order. I can’t wait until covid is gone so we can go back into the grocery store.

Yesterday we watched both afc and nfc games. I’m excited for the Super Bowl, it should be a great game! It’ll just be dh and I (and dd but she will go to bed) for the game but I’m already planning the menu. Other than that pretty boring over here. I don’t have any shifts at work this week so that’s nice.

Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• @_orchid_ Yay for telling the boys and their responses are so cute! 

@sgrn18 Glad the weeks are passing by uneventful but not too boring! 

@AKuzReve I am the organizer/list maker/thinker through things in our household and pregnancy brain is so hard to keep the trains all running. I try to remind H that he has to help with the thinking through a pregnancy because my brain just shuts off. But inevitably lots of things get forgotten or not ordered, haha I just laugh it off because 🤷‍♀️. 

@mindyb2019 Oh no! I don’t have that problem so I haven’t researched what would be safe. I have heard of it before especially with breastfeeding, so hopefully there are solutions out there! 

AFM: I am making a list of 1 thing to deep clean around the house every week and thanks to pregnancy brain feel like I am forgetting things. Anything you have/would have on your lists? 
  • @_orchid_ that is too stinking cute!!! Ate the baby  :D haha that will make a great story when he’s older! 
  • @_orchid_ I’m melting that’s so sweet! 🥺

@ashleyjillian15 Ive been watching car review videos all weekend! We’re really going to need a bigger car and can’t figure out which one. I found a blogger that does reviews with car seats installed. Very helpful. 

My randomness is that I spent the whole weekend rethinking my entire birthing situation. For a bit, I was leaning towards a birthing center within a hospital with a midwife. Then I found a midwife I really liked but the OB at her practice recently got put on probation for gross negligence 🥴 If I become high risk like last time, I’d have to see the OB. MH was like ‘that’s a hard pass”. I had a serious emergency postpartum last time that necessitated a dr and every nurse on the floor immediately so I want to be at a hospital for peace of mind...but I really like the idea of a birthing center!! 😭

So I think I’ve settled on a hospital birth with a doula and I’m considering unmedicated. I feel kind of silly having a doula and then getting an epidural but honestly I really need the emotional support and information translator so whatever...I’ll plan for unmedicated but won’t hesitate to medicate lol. Now I have to find a doula that I vibe with! 

• @mc0303 I think as long as you give yourself grace if you decide to go medicated, planning for an unmedicated birth with a Doula is great!

With DS, I made it 10 hours before I caved and got the epidural. At the time of the decision, I was really beating myself up. But in the long run, I was glad I did because when they actually began monitoring me regularly they found out that I was having camel hump contractions, very strong, close together contractions that aren't that productive for moving the baby in place and aiding dilation. They had to give me Pitocin to level out the camel humps into large productive contractions. I was in labor 20 hours total, and I am so glad the last 10 hours were medicated!

That said, I know each birth is different, so with this baby I plan to go as long as I can before asking for the epidural. Who knows how far I'll get, but hopefully this labor will be shorter than 20 hours. I don't know about other STM or STM+ but I didn't forget the discomfort and pain of labor, even 6+ years later. Afterwards, I do feel it was worth every minute of it!
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• @DoubleUp8 My problem is I had an epidural before I went into labor LOL. I was being induced and it was a whole big thing so I don’t actually know ANY of labor pain. I want to skip the epidural bc I’ve heard so many women say that it helped speed up the recovery time. I was so beat up last time from my awful birth (a trifecta of rare complications), so I really want to feel physically better as soon as possible. But have no way of comparing the painnnn and I have a very low tolerance. Oh well. I’ll try my best. I’ve gotten a lot of recs for the Bradley Method so I’m looking into that
  • PSA: Gap is having a "warehouse sale" today! If anyone is in need, they have some AWESOME maternity active wear :smile: 
  • For those looking for cars, check out @the_car_mom on IG. She also has a Facebook group. I've found her tours and reviews very helpful while we narrow down our next car. 
  • @mc0303, I went 37 hours without an epidural last time. By the end, I was dying but I had been maxed out on pitocin for 6+ hours. Prior to that, it was totally fine. 

• @mindyb2019 Making a registry is probably one of my favorite things to do for baby! Even if I don't share the registry with many people, it's still so fun to look at all the cute stuff and start picturing what your space will look like when it's all put together.
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• ramzlauramzlau member
    edited January 2021
    @mindyb2019 Yay for a fun weekend of doing the registry! 

@mc0303 I think that sounds like a great plan. And have heard so many great things about having a doula just for information or have someone run to get a nurse without being left alone. I keep telling myself that every birth is different, trying to keep the stress down when I think about DDs birth. 

@Maggie1202 That is exciting! I know we need to size up, trying to be patient until closer to end of my lease before we make the decision though.

edited because I tagged the wrong person
  • With my first I wasn’t sure if I wanted an epidural so I tried IV pain meds and nitrous first before finally getting the epidural. This time I am demanding the epidural the second I walk into the hospital  :D. Being able to nap before pushing was everything. 
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @legallykate this birth I'm definitely hitting the epidural as soon as I get to the hospital too. I'm not playing games this time. I didn't progress for almost 20 hours after water broke ( no labor pains at all) and the ob said my options were epidural now to progress or c-section at 24 hours. There was so much meconium that she didn't want to risk infection. I got the epidural, took a nap and a few hours later pushed DS out. That nap was so needed and the best. 

@mindyb2019 that's so exciting to do your  registry!! 
  • @AKuzReve oh no! I hope you got your grocery order! Mom brain + pregnancy brain is tough!!

If anyone's thinking about getting a minivan, I can tell you it has been great!! Haha sliding doors with an infant seat is amazing, it's low and so easy for little kids to get in/out themselves, and I love that I can climb to the back for easy diaper changes/feedings on long car trips in bad weather. 

I am physically back in school this week, and getting used to new procedures so sorry I've been MIA! I am still virtual with all my students, but have been helping getting kids in/out. 
  • @_orchid_ I am 100% on Team Minivan! My lease on my SUV is up in July 2023 so I am definitely going to get one then if not sooner. I am trying to sell DH on trading in his sedan for one and taking my SUV as his car, but he is worried it is too nice (it's a Lexus) for when he has to go back to work and park on the street downtown. 
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @legallykate dooo it!! Even with my older kids it's great- we are always throwing bikes and strollers in the back easily. 
  • I'm still working on getting my minivan up and running (we purchased a broken down Honda Odyssey CHEAP because my BIL is a certified Honda mechanic and can fix it for next to nothing) but I'm 100% on team minivan life.
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section

• @_orchid_ I love how you told your kids!

@DoubleUp8 no you do not forget the pain of labor. At least I didn’t but I am also on number 4....
  • @rv@rvamom90 the car mom is such a great tip!  Thank you!  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• I know going to the dentist is important, but why do they make it so difficult? Especially with covid protocols, the ones around here are all trying to do separate visits - one for X-rays and exam, one for cleaning. Who has the time for that? Told them no X-rays right now, so I’m waiting to see if they’ll combine for me... 
  • @halfanewt That's obnoxious. My dentist won't do xrays if you are pregnant. So you would think they would be willing to combine the exam and cleaning
  • @laurad75 You're welcome! If you're on Facebook, her group is pretty good too.
  • @halfanewt Hopefully they're willing to do a combo exam/cleaning for you since you can't get x-rays.
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @DoubleUp8 I'm so sorry for you and YH's loss. Sending lots of love to you and your family during this time ❤ 
  • @DoubleUp8 I'm so, so sorry about your loss, I think I remember you posting about it in TTGP. It's so hard to find that closure without being able to physically be there with family. Sending ♥️ your way.