Options

Weekly Check In 1/25

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Which Girl Scout cookie is your favorite?

Re: Weekly Check In 1/25

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 5+1

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Appleseed

Upcoming appointments: None until a phone call at 10 weeks and first in person appt isn’t until 12 weeks in March.

How are you feeling?: Nausea seems to be ramping up, started feeling nauseous last night and it’s kept going. A lot of heartburn. 

Rants/Raves: This week we have the preconstruction meeting for our house and I’m so excited! Our basement is going in first week of February! I’m a little nervous about keeping our house clean for showings though. 

Questions: None - unless anyone has house showing tips! 

GTKY: Which Girl Scout cookie is your favorite? Thin mints! 

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  9/16, 6w5d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Baby's spleen is developing

Upcoming appointments: 2/12, dating ultrasound

How are you feeling?: GROSSSSSSSSS

Rants/Raves: See today's Weekly Randoms thread for my rant of the day. For raves, just thankful my husband was willing to entertain my son most of the day yesterday so that I could take two separate long naps. 

Questions:

GTKY: Which Girl Scout cookie is your favorite? Samoas! I just placed an order actually, can't wait to get those puppies in the freezer.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/11, 7w2d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a blueberry

Upcoming appointments: US and bloodwork on Feb 4! (Finally)

How are you feeling?: awful! struggling to get through my days 

Rants/Raves: the (small, northern) city where I live doesn’t have a ton of options for interesting foods from other countries. The other day I really craved shawarma and searched on a whim. We now apparently have a shawarma place! I was overly excited about this. 

GTKY: Which Girl Scout cookie is your favorite? I have never had a Girl Scout cookie! 

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7+6

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a keyboard key

Upcoming appointments: 2/12 for hopefully another ultrasound

How are you feeling?: My boobs are killing me. And I am always either several days constipated or ... The extreme opposite. There is no middle ground. 

Rants/Raves: none

Questions: Any thoughts on the sneak peak blood test to find out sex?

GTKY: Which Girl Scout cookie is your favorite? Thin mints in the freezer.

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/26, 5w1day

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: orange seed

Upcoming appointments: US on 2/5

How are you feeling?: I'd love a nap. Also, the nausea is starting to be more frequent and just non-stop headaches.  

Rants/Raves: It's Monday...

Questions: 

GTKY: Which Girl Scout cookie is your favorite? Samoas. They also have a new cookie this year called Toast-Yay that are supposed to be French toast flavored.  Super excited to try that one.  This also made me think that being pregnant during girls scout cookie season AND king cake season (south Louisiana here) is not the worst thing in the world.... :smiley:

• Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast GL with the construction and keeping your house clean! An impossible feat with kids!
    @Aerialmrs Samoas are a top fav here too! And no one else in my house likes them! All mine!
    @muggsd what is a shawarma?
    @law_and_little1 I feel you on the either constipated or opposite at all times. Fun fun. As far as Sneak Peek goes, the one you just do from home I think can be pretty inaccurate and easily contaminated. Getting a NIPT test from your Dr or a lab would be much more reliable but can be expensive if it's not covered. 
    @penny624 I haven't heard about those new GS cookies! I need to look into this!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: EDD 9/18 6+2

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a chocolate chip

Upcoming appointments: 6wk scan on Wednesday! 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Getting more nausea this pregnancy than my first. Always in the evening. Morning sickness my ass. 

Rants/Raves: So glad to have DS back at daycare today. He was a beast yesterday and usually I can count on the fact that he will be back to a somewhat normal toddler by morning but this morning everything seemed to just carry over. 

Questions: Does anyone have a favorite "fancy" baby clothing brand? I need a new crazy mom cult product to get into for this baby  :D

GTKY: Which Girl Scout cookie is your favorite? Lemonades!

*TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6W1D

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a pea!

Upcoming appointments: intake appointment Wednesday, but it's just over the phone

How are you feeling?: good! Only symptom right now is exhaustion 

Rants/Raves: I just want to tell people already!! DH really wants to wait until after the sonogram but that's not for enough 3 weeks and I really want to just tell my mom.

Also my SIL is currently in the hospital giving birth to my nephew! 

Questions: I don't think I have any this week

GTKY: Which Girl Scout cookie is your favorite? 100% tagalongs!

• Options
    @penny624 my family is from New Orleans and my aunt is shipping us a king cake next week! I'm pretty sure I might eat the whole thing I'm so excited!
  • Options
    emjeveemjeve member
    edited January 2021

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6 weeks today

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: pea 

Upcoming appointments: I had to reschedule my US last Thursday because my sitter canceled on me last minute and I’m not allowed to bring kids to the appointment right now. The next available slot they had is next week Tuesday (2/2). Then I have my phone consult on 2/11.

How are you feeling?: awful. Morning sickness can in full throttle over the weekend. I didn’t get out of bed at all on Saturday. I’m also having horrible headaches. And I’m so so tired. I go to bed right after I put my kids down so I can get about 12 hours of sleep at night.

Rants/Raves: My rant is just the morning sickness. It’s a love/hate relationship. Hate for obvious reasons and love because as long as I’m feeling crappy I feel like things are going well with LO. I’d be pretty freaked out if I woke up with no nausea.

Questions: none

GTKY: Which Girl Scout cookie is your favorite? It’s a tie between Caramel Delites and chocolate covered peanut butter ones...

Edit to add: one more symptom/question- everything smells terrible! Everything! I googled “Fragrance free shampoo” yesterday because I literally get nauseous smelling my own hair. I need a scentless deodorant too. Suggestions?

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @krash_ I love Kate Quinn! I've already ordered an adorable newborn outfit and matching jammies for my big kid! The prices aren't crazy, and the quality is really good. (I got a few things as gifts for a friend before I bought anything for our bean!) I may also splurge on a couple of things from Kyte baby. They look sooooooo soft, but dang, $30 for a sleeper is hard to stomach.

@JustAnotherUsername16 We're team green!

• Options
    @JustAnotherUsername16 Ooh! I am so ready to move in, I can’t wait to hear the timeline on Friday. I was ready to move in right after we went to the design gallery and picked out so the fun stuff 😂 I’m on the fence about team green. We have two boys so it wild be good to know to prepare. We were team green with DS1 and it was so fun.

@chewie5990 congratulations!! Cousins are so much fun! 

@la@ladylynn222 also started job searching... considering SAH for a bit too.
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess I feel the same ☹️ Don’t know why. I get anxious. Appointment is Friday and I keep trying to tell myself I have no reason to assume everything isn’t as it should be. I did this last time too. 
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: September 8/7w5d (I was off by one day in my earlier posts)

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A blueberry

Upcoming appointments: I graduated from my RE and am still waiting for my OB referral to come through, so nothing yet

How are you feeling?: Overall, I’ve been good. Tired and a bit of cramping, but that’s it. This morning though I felt awful. I felt like I was hungover. It’s better now. I’m also gassy as all hell and have been having really vivid and weird dreams.

Rants/Raves: My husband has been amazing. I’m so tired all the time that he’s essentially been doing 100% of the housework and cooking a lot more with zero complaints. This morning, I mentioned that I was craving butter croissant and then he brought some home after his dentist appointment. 

Questions: None right now

GTKY: Which Girl Scout cookie is your favorite? I’m in Canada, so we have Girl Guide cookies and they’re Thin Mints or sandwich cookies (although maybe there are other regional varieties in other parts of the country? These are the only ones I know of here). Thin Mints are definitely the winner. 

• Options
    @chewie5990 do it!! King cake calories don't count :wink: 
  • Options
     Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  5 + 4 9/23

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: apple seed 

Upcoming appointments: I switched insurances, I need to find a new obgyn - so that’s putting me behind.

How are you feeling?: queasy but not throwing up, so that’s good because my first I was sick the whole time!

Rants/Raves: deciding what to eat is the hardest decisions of my day.

Questions:

GTKY: Which Girl Scout cookie is your favorite? Peanut Butter Sandwiches! I’m a Girl Scout leader for my niece. So we are in FULL cookie mode right now!

• Options
    @arrowmama Did you end up telling your hubby about your BFP yet? Hope you are all doing well and no one has any lingering symptoms!
  • Options
    @JustAnotherUsername16 I will take anything without peanut butter! :smiley:
  • Options
    @JustAnotherUsername16 that sounds amazing! We definitely added quite a bit with the upgrades... I’m really excited for our kitchen and my soaking tub 😂 the three panel door was a good idea! 
  • Options
    @runningoncookies aww so glad YH is taking care of you! The food aversions are no fun. And things taste funny? I tried rice and applesauce last night and they tasted like metal 🤢
  • Options
    @runningoncookies Glad YH is taking care of you so well!  I guess it depends on which region you're in whether you get Caramel DeLites vs Samoas. I grew up in SoCal with Samoas, and now I'm in MA and stuck with the DeLites.  I think I may have my dad send me a few boxes this year.
  • Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast yikes! I haven’t had the funny taste yet, thank goodness. I will say everything smells gross. I feel like I can’t even open the fridge anymore. 

@grizzlymama86 You’re probably right! From what I’ve read, it depends on where the cookies come from. Apparently one of the bakeries has Samoas trademarked, so when they needed to add bakeries the new one called them caramel delites. I call them Samoas regardless lol
  • Options

Man, I feel like I'm failing in keeping up with this board. My Feb2020 group definitely didn't do so many posts lol

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    9/25 - 5w4d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
    Orange seed

Upcoming appointments:
    8w appt on 2/22 (ugh hurry up!)

How are you feeling?:
    Mostly fine, some weird refluxy things and occasional cramps but doing well!

Rants/Raves:
    I'm exclusively WFH these days with an 11 month old...my husband is on 12 hour shifts from 6a-6p. 
    I feel like I'm failing in my work lately being so distracted with her and a pregnancy! But I soooo cannot wait to tell my coworkers, they're gonna flip! 

Questions:
    None yet

Ohhh, thin mints and tagalongs! Also, they've been discontinued but I loved the heck out of some Ole Oles and Apple Cinnamons...I just looked those up and realized they've been gone since 2001-2003...what!? ugh

PS - that last question made me go hunting for online ordering for GS cookies so much so that I forgot to finish the post the first time haha

• Options
    @babybelugaco I find it interesting that your Feb20 group didn't have this many posts. We had way more posts and action in my June18 group. If you look at the Board Organization pinned post there's like 4-5 new posts a day and we basically have a few weekly posts going. I am on TB while I work and I have been pretty bored with work recently so I was looking to spice this group up! 

I definitely feel like there is less action on these COVID baby boards because I just don't think as many people are intentionally TTC through COVID. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6w2d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a dried corn kernal

Upcoming appointments: My first appointment isn't until February 23, so far away!

How are you feeling?: I haven't had an appetite in a long time, so that combined with general food aversions has me feeling crummy alot. I'm exhausted all the time though that's not specifically pregnancy related. I don't typically sleep very well.

Rants/Raves: None at the moment

Questions: None at the moment 

We don't have nearly as many flavors as the US, so it's really sad. There's  Classic or Mint Chocolatey cookies. I prefer the mint ones out of those 2, which is similar to your Thin Mints, but I think I would prefer our mint cookies.

• Options
    @krash_ yeah my last board (may20) had a lot more posts than this one too! I would often check the boards during my lunch break and have so much to catch up on! I think it's still early though...I know the boards typically pick up near the end of the first trimester with people getting more comfortable sharing things and more people joining.
  • Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast You had me at "soaking tub" <3<3<3
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  9 weeks!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a southern pecan

Upcoming appointments: Feb 8th

How are you feeling?: nausea is setting in.  So far it's like what I had with my daughter.  Not actually puking just hangs in the background all day

Rants/Raves: none 

Questions: nope

GTKY: Which Girl Scout cookie is your favorite? Thin mints or somoas

Pregnancy Ticker