1st Trimester

HCG levels at home?

Hi guys! Just found out recently that I’m almost likely a little over 2 weeks pregnant. (First pregnancy) I’m a very anxious person and was wondering if it were possible to test my HCG levels at home in between blood work/drs visits? Thanks in advance!

Re: HCG levels at home?

• mrc1994 said:
    Hi guys! Just found out recently that I’m almost likely a little over 2 weeks pregnant. (First pregnancy) I’m a very anxious person and was wondering if it were possible to test my HCG levels at home in between blood work/drs visits? Thanks in advance!
    You do realize HGC levels come from blood work, right?  Unless you have a medical lab set up in your house, no you can not.  A pregnancy test detects HGC not the amount. 
  • Thank you. Sorry this is my first pregnancy I’m new to this.
  • Loading the player...
  • @mrc1994 Once you take a PG test, you call your doctor's office.  They will schedule your first appointment (which varies based upon what your doctor recommends).  Normally, if you have no history of PG loss and are not high risk, you do not get blood HCG tests regularly.  If you are having issues with anxiety, you need to talk to your doctor about what you can do/take to reduce your anxiety levels.  I also STRONGLY suggest you seek out a therapist that will work with you on your issues to calm yourself during your PGs.
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • Thank you very much! I actually found out via blood test. I was supposed to go for a stress test tomorrow and they needed a pregnancy test first. So maybe I won’t need one for a bit. I will definitely seek out a therapist this week. I have some contacts my brother in law gave me of some people he recommends, so I will do so asap. Thanks for your help!
  • sundvldreasundvldrea member
    edited January 2021
    Also, you would be four weeks, not two.  You include the first two weeks of your cycle.