April 2021 Moms

Baby's First Outfit

I know I am way too premature on this but today I bought Marina's going home outfit. I had been looking online but can never find the perfect size, color, style combo.  In terms of style, kimono is preferred but no one stocks them! I ended up doing a side zipper so the chord won't get irritated. Also, I have been feeling super down lately and needed a little cute baby pick me up.  

Would love to see you little one's outfits if you already have them! 

Re: Baby's First Outfit

• @aguamala I love that! Where is it from?
  • So cute @aguamala ! They have a lot of cute kimono style tops and onesies on sale at old navy btw (I browse their baby clothes on their website whenever I’m bored lol). I saw kimono tops today for only $6.

Yesterday I went to Buy Buy Baby to confirm our infant car seat choice before pulling the trigger and while I was there I ended up buying a few super cute outfits, couldn’t help it haha. I’ll be bringing a few “first outfits” to the hospital since I don’t know if it’ll be a boy or girl! Don’t want it to be 100% neutral. 

Ahh this is all getting so exciting!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @theblondebump, I let my mom pick out DD1s coming home outfit after she was born (Team Green).

I really want to get something for Zoe, but... I got burned twice in a row! DS1 being too big for newborn clothes, so nothing I owned fit... Including newborn diapers. And then DS2, I bought all 0 to 3 months, and all his clothes were too BIG, including size 1 diapers. He got into premie stuff. 

We aren't even buying diapers this time. We'll get them on the way home. No idea what to do about the coming home outfit. 
  • @juliebird6 the brand is Kyte and their clothes are super soft. I usually go for more affordable brands for bb clothes (since they end up staining and growing out of them so fast) but wanted to splurge on her first outfit. 

@theblondebump ooo I need to check out old navy! I love their baby/kids clothes and they are so well priced. Thanks for the tip. Buy away, you can never have too many baby clothes 🙊
  • @bblair24 I love the panda theme for baby boys 😭😭😭
  • @aguamala yes I saw the pandas and fell in love!  <3 It also came with jammies that have little pandas all over them. I broke my own rule and bought snap up pjs (I prefer zipping ones!) but they're adorable so I'll just deal with it, haha!
  • So cute! Haven't chosen mine yet, but it'll probably be something as soft as possible, and a zipper for sure! I'll post when I find it/fold the baby clothes. 
  • I'm leaning towards a sage color ribbed sleeper I got from mebie baby. Its so soft!
  • We received an outfit as a gift this week (a white with small black stripes onesie with a matching hat), and I think we’ll use this as our take home outfit!  We’re team green, so the neutrality and lack of colors work great.
  • @aguamala that’s adorable! I love it, and it’s actually pretty close to what I’m envisioning so far too. Super soft is definitely a priority. 

@bblair24 I had a similar outfit for DS when he started daycare. It was one of my favorites. I’m not a big fan of words usually but there are a few exceptions (the new here stuff, an occasional big brother/little sister, and my absolute favorite from DS “the snuggle is real”). 

I’m embarrassed to admit how long I’ve spent looking for a coming home outfit. I want something with her name. I was thinking about embroidery on a solid sleeper, but I may do a name on a bow instead and keep the sleeper plain, or with ruffles at the zipper. I have such a specific idea it’s been hard to find. I’ve checked Etsy but I never know how soft it’ll be. I also remember DS was swimming in his newborn outfit. I did a onesie and pants for him and don’t want pants at all this time, I remember they looked so uncomfortable, even though they were super loose. Kind of how I feel in jeans and a real bra right now. Just, not comfy.
  • @forevertired I still need a “little brother” shirt, and I should probably get “big sister” shirts for the girls! I’ve also searched Etsy for outfits and there are so many cute personalized ones, but I was worried about softness/comfort too, as well as sizing. This outfit is NB and I’ll probably find a 0-3 month to take along as well in case the NB is too small!
  • @aguamala LOVE that color!! I've heard kyte is awesome - crazy soft like kickee! And @bblair24, super adorable!!ng a 

I've been starting to think about outfits too!! I know I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but we moved along allll baby boy stuff, including the outfit DS wore home, so I need to get something new (haha I guess not the worst thing ever!!). I usually love to splurge on a onesie/sleeper that's super soft & do matching hat (or at least hat w/ initials) and last time I did matching swaddle too. I feel like the going home outfit just needs to work w/ carseat straps but we mainly use the 1-3 outfits for adorable pictures while we're still at the hospital. Oh and swaddle/blanket is important too bc I feel like they end up being a burrito most of the time at the hospital (when not naked lol) and so the blanket was in a ton of pictures. 

Thinking this maybe:
    https://www.kickeepants.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=128521
  • edited January 2021
    Kyte is one of my favorites, along with kickee, for when they are so little. I ordered two things from Lou Lou and Co this week that I am so excited to get. The gown will
    come with us to the hospital but won’t be his going home since gowns in car seats are tricky. He may end up wearing what DD wore home since it was gender neutral.  

@goldpolkadot I love that elephant print!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• It won't be his going home outfit, but FYI they have the cutest sleepers at target in Burts Bees brand! I got one with koalas on it!
  • @runsoncoffee omg I just got the same ones! Haha so cute. 
  • @bbrahmbhatt OHH my!  <3 If I weren't already pregnant my ovaries would be exploding. I love that name combo too. 
  • oh my goodness yes! @bbrahmbhatt I just saw ones like that on Caden Lane last night - they are soooo cute I am almost tempted to order one with the boy name we decided on and one with the girl name we decided on and just be prepared either way LOL. 
  • Ooh I bought a really cute floral print knotted gown from Kate Quinn and a grey knit hat. I can't wait to bring her home in it! I was just sorting through her clothes and wondering if I should start packing our hospital bag. 😬 
  • I feel so behind the 8-ball! I haven't even thought about this yet. Also I read something about clothes that avoid rubbing the umbilical cord? Is that a thing? What fits that bill? Super FTM here and I know nothing...
  • @anarmillay92918 mostly pants would be what could bother it. Although I had pants on all 3 of mine when they came home and it was fine. This time I'm going to use a sleeper. 
  • @anarmillay92918 as long as the clothing is loose on the belly it should be fine, just nothing too snug. My daughter wore sleepers most of the time as a newborn.