August 2021 Moms
Options

PGAL 1/17

This is a check in for those of us who are experiencing pregnancy after a loss (miscarriage, chemical pregnancy, stillbirth, child loss, to name a few). Hopefully we can all lend support to each other through the hormone filled ride that is pregnancy!

Just a reminder: there is a general loss trigger warning on this entire thread. 

How far along are you? Any milestones?  

How are you feeling (physically)?

How are you feeling (mentally/emotionally)?

Any appointment updates? 

Rants/raves (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)

Re: PGAL 1/17

• Options
    How far along are you? Any milestones?  
    8+2 or 8 depending on who you ask

How are you feeling (physically)? Like garbage haha but it's somewhat reassuring. My blump is getting bigger too so that's exciting. 

How are you feeling (mentally/emotionally)? Today is rough. My food friend that is due 10 days before my old due date posted a bump pic and it gave me all the feels. 

Any appointment updates? Tomorrow with my Dr then Feb 17 for another ultrasound for peace of mind. 
    I also ordered a sneak peek so hopefully that comes soon. It bothers me that I don't know the sex of the baby we lost. 

Rants/raves (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here) none really. Just taking it day by day and taking everything as it comes. 
  • Options
    @grogu you’re doing the sneak peak!?  I’m excited for you!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @emily1052 I am. Who knows how long it will take with the postal system right now but I want to know before 20 weeks 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
    My husband doesn't get it and thinks its a waste of money but IDGAF
  • Options
    @grogu I’d probably do it too if I wasn’t doing the NIPT.  😁
  • Options
    @emily1052 the NIPT is all out of pocket here. We have basic genetic screening but it doesn't tell you sex. 
    With my DD the basic one came back with 1/43 chance of downs so I got the panorama for free (so nice, 4 weeks of torture instead of two waiting for results) 
    If I could afford panorama I would do it for sure. 
  • Options
    @avocadotoast30 good luck at your ultrasound!  I hope it eases your anxiety! 
  • Options

How far along are you? Any milestones?  9+4

How are you feeling (physically)? I feel fine, much much better which has me spinning out. My nausea has eased, headaches improved, breasts less sore. I’m trying not to think the worst but I’m admittedly freaking out

How are you feeling (mentally/emotionally)? Awful. My baby died at 9 weeks last time and I’m losing it, feeling less pregnant is bringing it all back and I’m a mess 

Any appointment updates? We are doing a private ultrasound Wednesday. I know it’s not a good thing to get in the habit of but I can’t wait until my nuchal ultrasound in 4 weeks. I have an appointment with my OB on 2/1 but I don’t know if I even get an ultrasound then so I feel it’s just for the best that we check at 10 weeks to get over that mental milestone. I’m scared. 

Rants/raves (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here) I already vented lol I have felt much more optimistic about this pregnancy than the last up until this milestone week 

• Options
    @avocadotoast30 good luck today!! 

@cocoliso13 I am completely in the same boat as you and I saw the baby on Wednesday but won't up today feeling fine instead of wanting to throw up. Good luck with your ultrasound on Wednesday!
  • Options
    @cocoliso13 I’m so sorry that you are juggling all of these feelings around this milestone. I hope that the ultrasound provides you with some peace of mind. Do you have the ability to reach out to your OB (phone or email or patient portal) to let them know that you are scared and spinning out? They might be able to confirm an ultrasound for your next appointment or be able to offer some coping strategies? 
  • Options
    Thank you! I know I read this is totally normal and a result of the placenta starting to take over but ughhh I just want so much for all of us to get past this anxious first tri limbo. I never wanted to feel sick so bad lol
  • Options
    @avocadotoast30 good luck at your ultrasound today! I hope you get a good look at your little bean! 
  • Options
    Thank you for the suggestion, I’ll send them an email through the system. They know my history of loss and uterine surgery and have done extra bloodwork at my request to put my mind at ease. I’m sure they’ll be receptive to providing some support. So grateful for this board, I have very few places to vent this week that understand 
  • Options

How far along are you? Any milestones?  8w4d

How are you feeling (physically)? Still so barfy without actually barfing. Very bloated and my ute feels heavy already.

How are you feeling (mentally/emotionally)? Surprising no-one I don’t fee any less anxious having surpassed my loss milestone. I still feel as though the rug might be ripped out from under me. I will say, I do have more excited moments though. Like the balance is now 60 anxious - 40 excited instead of 80 anxious - 20 excited. And I’ve told a couple more close friends, which has felt good in terms of buoying the excitement.

Any appointment updates? Nothing for the next two weeks 😫

• Options
    @cocoliso13 sending you all the virtual hugs. It’s so stressful going through a milestone week. 
    @avocadotoast30 good luck at your ultrasound!
    @pickle-chips the barfy without actually barfing feeling sucks..... i can have it all day. Honestly when I throw up i prefer it bc then i get five min of relief.

how far along are you? Any milestones? I’m 9+3. No milestones yet. I lost my first at 16 weeks so that’ll be a big freak out week for me. 

How are you feeling (physically)? Exhausted. I could just sleep for days. I started taking diclegis last week and it’s been helping... but I still feel gross/nauseous. At least the puking has slowed down to once every few days. And honestly my last pregnancy was such a nightmare with all day sickness and throwing up multiple times a day, that i really feel like I have nothing to complain about this time. 

How are you feeling (mentally)? Meh. We were overjoyed a few weeks ago to find out it was identical twins. Then, a week later I lost a twin. Which I knew was going to happen, bc i knew there was no way I was gonna get to take home 2 babies. Losing one just confirmed that weird, I don’t deserve this feeling that I get with every pregnancy. Baby 2 is doing great as of last week, measuring slightly behind but still on track. 

Any appt updates? I see my MFM on Friday bc they want to rule out the possibility of Acardiac twin (which I made the mistake of googling). I don’t see my actual OB till 12+ weeks on Feb 8, which is upsetting me bc I am high risk.
  • Options
    @grogu @cocoliso13 I'm so sorry your symptoms lessening are causing concern where there was relief before. But exciting that you've got a little bump coming in @grogu.

How far along are you? Any milestones?  Had an US on Thursday and heard back from the doctor that there didn't look to be anything to be concerned about! Still anxious to be further along to see a big healthy heart.

How are you feeling (physically)? Some grumpyness in my stomach, and generally lazy af.

How are you feeling (mentally/emotionally)? This week was really hard. I was so worried about my US but I don't feel like I got much relief from it. MH is feeling 60% good about this pregnancy, but I'm not quite there.

Any appointment updates? MFM tomorrow to discuss ultrasound and see any next steps. Not quite sure what to expect, or if there will be another US.

Rants/raves (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)

Nothing really. More just angry at my brain than anything else.

• Options
    @obsessedwithoranges I am so sorry for your loss. Sending you so many big internet stranger hugs. I’m glad that Baby 2 is doing great and I hope it is all good news at your appointment on Friday. ❤️
  • Options
    @obsessedwithoranges I'm so sorry for your loss. Glad to hear that baby #2 is doing well ❤️❤️❤️

@avocadotoast30 glad you had a decent ultrasound! It's so hard when they won't tell you anything. My last one was done by an acquaintance that didn't my US after my MMC so she told me everything that she saw. 
    Hopefully you get nothing but good news from your dr 
  • Options
    @avocadotoast30 I’m so glad you had a wonderful ultrasound.  Hope you are feeling just a little bit better this evening. 
  • Options
    @cocoliso13 Somewhere around the end of 8 weeks, my symptoms completely disappeared.  They came back and then went away again at around 10 weeks.  They're back and worse than ever now.  It was definitely around then my symptoms began to fluctuate. 

How far along are you? Any milestones?  11w2d - I've passed all of my milestones at this point

How are you feeling (physically)? Terrible.  So nauseated, extremely tired.  Boobs are still sore but not as bad so I can at least be thankful for that.  They were brutal last week.

How are you feeling (mentally/emotionally)?  I'm okay for now. The spotting I've had since week 5 has been gone for almost a week now at this point.  Hoping that's the end of it.  

Any appointment updates? I had an appointment on the 15th.  Just a check in with my OB.  I was hoping they'd do the doppler but no.  I have one coming in the mail that was SUPPOSED to be here yesterday but is stuck somewhere in New Jersey.  Who knows when I'll see that.  I have another appointment next Tuesday, the 26th for my nuchal scan.  

Rants/raves (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)  I have to go get my blood drawn for my 12 week labs and because I was on insulin with my daughter due to GD, I have to get an early glucose test.  Nauseous, fasting, glucose drink.  I see that going really well and I'm really looking forward to it.

• Options
    of course, after my day and a half of flipping out over my lack of symptoms, baby decided to reassure me in the form of dry heaving and spitting acid half the night lol and yesterday i gagged between patients all day at work. i decided to cancel my elective ultrasound and just wait until my OB appointment on 2/1. i just need to start approaching this pregnancy from a place of faith. 
  • Options
    @cocoliso13 Don't be surprised if it happens again.  I am feeling a little better today.  Hopefully this is the end of the symptoms for me and they start getting better from here on out.

• Options

How far along are you? Any milestones?  8+1, passed milestones for loss but also had PTL at 24 weeks with #1

How are you feeling (physically)? Yucky. headache, fatigue, nausea, cold, weak

How are you feeling (mentally/emotionally)? i think feeling so sick makes me not think about anything else at all, i feel like i have no emotions :(

Any appointment updates? formal ultrasound on friday

Rants/raves (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here) I already told so many people at work because I had to transfer my patient to other people (TORCH infection stuff and I couldn't handle doing the COVID unit with this nausea and the N95s). I also told a bunch of others because they wondered why I wasn't getting the COVID vaccine. So, if something happens with the pregnancy, i get to have that conversation over and over. I usually don't share until after the screening is done.