September 2021 Moms
Options

Meal Plan Monday 1/18

What’s everyone eating this week?

Re: Meal Plan Monday 1/18

• Options

Finishing my grocery list at the moment so little man and I can hit the store this morning. 
  • Options
    I can only plan up to 3 days at a time because I'm bound to change my mind and food ends up getting wasted.. 
    Mon - asian veggie stir fry noodles with edamame on the side 
    Tues - chicken fajitas with corn and black beans on the side 
    Wed - spaghetti with Italian sausage and broccoli on the side

breakfast is alternating oatmeal and eggs with spinach (depending on how much time I have in the mornings)
    lunches this week will be alternating PB&J with hummus and baby carrots or leftovers if we have them! 

We try our best to cook vegetarian at least 3 days a week for dinner so Thurs and Fri will be some vegetarian meal..probable a something with sweetpotato and black beans or maybe something chickpea based since I have that stuff already on hand. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Today everyone is on their own because I’m at work. 
    Tuesday - pork bbq with broccoli
    Wednesday - sausage sheet pan meal with roasted root veggies
    Thursday - Greek chicken quarters, sides TBD
    Friday - probably pizza 
  • Options
    DH made our dinner list this week since I wasn’t sure how I’d be feeling as the week went on:

-naan pizza
    -oreciette pasta with broccoli rabe/sausage
    -kale salad with quinoa and avocado
    -spicy peanut tofu/veggie bowl
  • Options
    @chewie5990 I generally only plan until Thursday, by that point we would need more produce anyways and I don't always want to cook all weekend!
  • Options
    nasalot188nasalot188 member
    edited January 2021
    M - blackened chicken with southwest salad
    T - Turkey Tacos
    W - sheet pan chicken with root vegetables
    Th - thai coconut butternut squash soup (i was majorly craving this one!)
    Fr - Cauliflower Korma

On the weekends I've been trying to support local restaurants during the lockdown. We do lots of Thai, chicken wings, Italian takeout.
  • Options
    M- ravioli
    T- vegetarian tacos with rice and black beans
    W- ? 
    Th- sheet pan lemon rosemary chicken with potatoes and green beans
    F- homemade pizza

This will probably all change, but for now it's what I am planning. Saturday I may make vegetarian pot pie, which usually lasts 4 nights. Lunches this week will probably be a lot of baby carrots, hummus, yogurt, etc. I bought whole English muffins and Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedges, so that may be lunch for a day or two. 
  • Options
    I started meal planning about a month ago but my husband has recently found out he can't eat dairy.  So it's been super hard for my to find recipes that are dairy-free without eating the same things all the time.  So if anyone has any suggestions on dairy-free recipes I would be super grateful. 
  • Options
    @deziraywatt I would look up whole30 recipes! A lot of them substitute coconut milk for dairy. We have done whole30 a few times and pinterest has a bunch of stuff and since you aren't actually doing whole30 you can add grains in to make the recipes easier/more filling if you want