March 2021 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight: Intangibles

This is a place for FTMs to ask questions about, S+TMs to share their prior experience with, and everyone to share what they're eyeing in the world of maternity, baby and postpartum products. Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product to help streamline and make it easier to refer back. This week we're discussing intangibles!  

Please use the prompts below to try to share as much relevant info as you can in a format that is easy for those reading to navigate and respond to.

For S+TMs: 

• Individual (e.g., lifestyle) factors that might influence your choice:
  • Favorite intangibles:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • What you like and don't like about it: are there intangibles you don't have but are considering? Why?:
  • Are there intangibles you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: 
  • Additional thoughts on intangibles?:

For FTMs:

• Intangibles you're interested in:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • Any questions for S+TMs?:
To view past Product Spotlights or the upcoming schedule, see
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IrF0iah5XaJFdFTHzNVcIEq4ujZTwq_j1bG9W-bovNs/edit#gid=0
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Product Spotlight: Intangibles

• Options
    Ok, I don’t know what this actually means. 😂 Any thoughts, ladies? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have no idea either... 😂
    DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think @finnflan got it right. When in doubt, I always check the May 2020 BMB, they were very on top of things, and this is their Intangibles post: 

• Products aren't everything! What sort of services or help or non-buyable actions are on your wishlist for this pregnancy/post-partum time?
    • Are there any intangible things that people have offered you thus far or what you have indulged in/purchased already that you'd recommend?
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    My friend's parents paid for a housecleaning service to come weekly for the first month after baby's arrival....dang. I can't even imagine how helpful that must have been! 
  • Options
    omg @sunny_native14 I wish someone would do that for me!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @sunny_native14 that's sounds like the best gift ever. 

@finnflan What a great list of things to consider and think about.  I'm kind of glad that I won't be able to have visitors this time at the hospital bc as much as I think it helped me get out of bed and move around, which helped jumpstart my c-section recovery but I was definitely overwhelmed.

I plan on making some freezer meals this time.  My mom made us food for a month or two after my first was born, but we now live 40 min away versus 5 min away last time, so she's only signed up for 2 weeks of food, which I'm more than thankful for.

I know a few people that have had meal-trains set up for them which can be super helpful.  I've used a site called mealtrain.com to help a friend going through chemo.  
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • Options
    @sunny_native14 I would die of happiness if someone did that for me in non-Covid times! 

• Options
    Yes, definitely worth talking with your SO about visitors. I definitely appreciated having my mom and sister around in the beginning because my H was pretty bewildered and not much help for the first few weeks but I know he was overwhelmed by everyone's constant presence. COVID means we probably will only have the grandparents for short visits (assuming they have appropriately quarantined, aren't sick, etc) until things are better and the baby is bigger. 

One thing H and I did from the beginning that was helpful was to alternate night-time feedings. so that allowed me to get slightly longer stretches at night (although sometimes I had to wake up to wake him up, haha, but at least I could go right back to sleep myself). We were also doing mostly bottlefeeding though because of latch issues. We still will likely do both breast and bottle this time so that he can help. Plus, since he's a SAHD, she'll need to get used to him feeding her anyway. If you are hoping to do exclusively breast with no bottle-feeding at all, think about other ways your SO can help in order to make the frequent wakings less onerous on yourself. I know some people will have their SO handle everything else (diaper changes etc) and then bring the baby to them only for feeding, so that would be another thought. 

Our church usually does meal trains, and it was definitely a life-saver last time, so we will definitely take them up on it this time as well!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    My mom is planning to be here for the first couple weeks after delivery. My mother-in-law is 3 miles away and will likely stop by daily. I'm asking for masks at all times and washing hands before holding baby and no kissing. I don't even want to risk a cold at this point. 
    Meals: hubby is already the cook in the household so I'm not worried about that. I've asked him if he wants to do freezer meals and he said no, we'll order out when too tired. We have yet to discuss who will do what, but he's usually very happy to do whatever makes life easier for me. 
  • Options
    We are actually thinking of doing one of those meal delivery services (where they deliver the ingredients) to help out for the first month or so. I'm not sure really where to start....any suggestions welcome! 
  • Options
    @sunny_native14 I've been using HelloFresh the last few weeks bc I got a discount for Black Friday and we've really liked it.  The meals all take around a half hour (including cook time) but they're surprisingly yummy.  Our only gripe is that the portions are on the smaller side.  It's perfect for me, but DH eats a lot.  Here's my referral code if you want to try it. I think it's $40 off. 
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • Options
    It's definitely more expensive than a meal kit, but we used Freshly meal delivery during my 1st tri when I was constantly ill and I couldn't even make our lunches. Depending on how this all goes, we may resurrect it to get us through the newborn stage haha. 

• Options
    So many great suggestions on here. If there’s one thing I have learned, it is how to say no without any guilt whatsoever. ‘No you can’t come over, no I can’t send you a daily update + pics, no I can’t for whatever reason!’ Do exactly what you need to do to feel good and don’t worry about anyone else. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so grateful my mom is getting immunized. She already had her 1st dose and should be getting her 2nd soon (She's a nurse but she works in case management now).. so the plan is she'll stay here with DD and our pup while we're in the hospital for my C/S (we're hoping 3 days tops), then she'll already be here when we get home. 🙌 I'm so grateful that I'll have her help... I have no idea what we would have done otherwise.
    DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0
  • Options
    @juliebeannn Thanks for the suggestion and the code! @mvt2003 that would be so amazing to do something like that!