July 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 1/11

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/11

• Options
    Didn’t see this thread posted yet, sorry if I missed it! Want to share that PB Kids is having a fantastic sale on nursery furniture. Comfort Swivel/Glider/Recliner, you are all mine!
  • Options
    Oooo that's one thing I really want this time around, a nice ass glider :smile:
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel so bad that the glider is going to have to move out of DD’s room. 
  • Options
    UO maybe but I had a rocker for both my of my kids, but I hardly used it. It wasn’t comfortable and for my daughter I just preferred nursing her sitting up in bed. 
  • Options
    Oy, I just need to vent.

I’m so stressed out and overwhelmed with life right now. This is probably gonna be long and rambling btw.

So back in Nov we found out my
    husband made chief (Navy) and they do a whole initiation process that normally lasts 6 weeks, but thanks to covid this year lasts 10 weeks and started way late. Normally starts 1st week of august they get pinned 2nd week of Sept. this year is started week of thanksgiving, they get pinned Jan 29th. During the process they are rarely home, might as well be deployed. Found this out two days after we found out baby was on the way. Same day we also found out my FIL was life flighted because he got covid as well as found out that their house burned to the ground and they lost everything.

So I’ve been doing the whole single mom thing for our 4 kiddos while being super sick, which is so damn draining. Fast forward a few weeks, my FIL gets out of the ICU and MIL gets to go be with him in the hospital. Things seemed to be even keeled for a few weeks. 

Fast forward to Christmas Eve. FIL starts with a bad cough. Drs can’t figure out what’s wrong because his lungs are so scarred from covid. They just keep a close eye on him. Had to have some very hard convos. A week went by and things took a huge turn for the worst. TW. FIL ended up passing on Jan 5th. So now we have to take emergency leave to go home and do his memorial, but his dying wish was that my hubby would finish our Chief season, so that’s what he is doing. End TW.

Currently preparing to fly back to the mainland Feb 2nd. Today we get a text from our landlord that they won’t be allowing us to renew our lease, our lease that ends in the middle of our emergency leave. So now, on top of everything that we’ve been dealing with, and if it wasn’t already enough, we have to move houses in two weeks before we fly out. So life pretty much a sucks right now and I’m just praying these next handful of weeks fly by because this much stress can not be good for pregnancy. and because we are in Guam we of course have no family nearby to help with anything. Yay life

if you made it to the end of this, here is a cookie 🍪 

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    @riansmommie
    I'm not quite sure how or where to start.  I'm sorry everything has rained down on you at once.  This is alot of overwhelming circumstances at once and I cant imagine how I would deal.....maybe in a corner rocking and pulling out my own hair?  
    I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL, it must be tough being far away during this and trying to be supportive while holding down your household solo.  
    Fingers crossed you'll find a great new place to call home, but moving sucks.  Especially with kids, especially quickly, especially at all.  
    2021 start off for you sounds crappy, but hopefully after February it will be smooth sailing.  
  • Options
    @riansmommie I’m so sorry for your loss, and for everything else you’re experiencing on top of it. Sometimes life just sucks! Here’s to hoping things turn around soon. 
  • Options
    @riansmommie First, I’m so sorry for your lost. Second, holy shit life is really being unkind to you right now. That is SO much. I wish I could be of practical help to you but in lieu of that, I’ll say we are always here for your venting needs. Hugs, mama. This too shall pass, somehow. 
  • Options
    @riansmommie DAMN, that's a lot for ANYONE!!  I'm so sorry for everything you've had quite the few couple of months.
  • Options
    @riansmommie oh man lady! That is ALOT!! I hope everything eases up for you soon! 
  • Options
    @riansmommie - Sorry to hear about everything and just praying for you all. Hang in there and keeping fingers crossed for you all!

• Options
    @riansmommie so many hugs!  That's a ton all at once. I hope things go as smooth as possible. ❤️
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat that's amazing! Congrats on the kids, thats super exciting! 
    Any chance you have some experience with chickens? We are first time chicken owners and one of our girls is attacking another.  They both have grim futures right now 😢
  • Options
    @nopegoat that is so awesome! Great pictures! 

I’m super excited because I just scheduled a pregnancy boudoir shoot for late May. I did boudoir pictures for my husband for our 5th anniversary, and it was seriously the best experience ever. The photographer I worked with does maternity ones, and they are stunningly beautiful. Really excited for something for me to look forward to!!
  • Options
    @riansmommie oof, that’s A LOT! 😰 I’m so sorry everything is happening right now and not sure how I would handle all that! Is the military able to get people to help you with the move at least? Any other military family friends there for support for you? I truly hope things calm down for you after all of this! We are certainly here for you to vent!

@nopegoat congrats on the new additions!
  • Options
    @nopegoat adorable!!

Can I just vent about my DH a bit.  I'm not sure if it's on purpose but the man can't grocery shop to save his soul.  Here is a list of items he didn't get out of like a list of 30 things.  We use the wegmans app too so it's not even a question of not knowing where they are in the store because it tells you the aisle.

bananas- too green
    cauliflower - couldn't find
    shredded cheese and shells - thought it was mistakenly on list
    white american cheese - got a cheese he wanted instead Munster (I wanted it to make the kids grilled cheese)
    Gummies - thought I had enough prenatals couldn't understand why I wanted a different kind
    cheerios - got distracted looking for special K and forgot
    Broths - the aisle was too crowded, could have gone back but didn't
    chicken breast - I thought we had some.

I mean COME ON!!  So I'm off to the grocery store on my lunch break but shit like this pisses me right off and then he gets all defensive saying the app is not user friendly.
  • Options
    @tiggywiggles I do. We around 40 right now. How many chickens do you have? How old are they? Do you have a rooster? What is the hen doing exactly to attack the other? 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @bntfroggie ugh! I have grocery shopping issues with my husband too! But it’s almost the opposite - I give him a list and he gets tons of extra things not on the list. So I am the designated grocery shopper/meal planner. But he often forgets to tell me an item or two despite the fact that I ask on multiple occasions before shopping. So he usually goes sometime throughout the week and still gets a bunch of stuff we don’t need 🤦🏽‍♀️ What are we going to do with them?
  • Options
    @bntfroggie my husband is the same way.  His go-to excuse is "they didn't have it" but honestly, I'm sure at least 80% of the time they have the item since I NEVER have a problem finding whatever it may be when I shop.  If it's not in the spot he thinks it should be, he won't look elsewhere for it or ask.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @nopegoat we have 8 hens, no roosters.  They have a pretty large coop with a covered run.  Becsuse we have quite abit of snow they sont free range in the winter.  We have an injured hen, one is pulling her feathers, pecking her...being horrible.  Shes become quite injured with few open wounds and lame on one leg.  She is currently living in our brooder box in the house alone now.  Its doubtful she will make it.  Just not sure if we should cull the aggressive one or what to do.  
  • Options
    @nopegoat to add they are just under a year 
  • Options
    rschenck14rschenck14 member
    edited January 2021
    @nopegoat omg cutest goat triplets!!!
  • Options
    @riansmommie I’m so sorry life is throwing everything at you all at once. I hope you find a new place soon and things settle down. 

@nopegoat how cute!! I love baby animals

@bntfroggie its amazing to me how useless husbands can be some times. I hope you at least get to enjoy some alone time at the grocery store

I’m feeling so much better today. My parents kept DS overnight yesterday so I was able to shower alone and go to be early without motn interruptions because my 4 year old is still a shit sleeper and I was able to eat birthday cake without sharing. Only thing that sucks is that I was put on pelvic rest which means I can’t do anything more than light walking. I’m terrified I’m going to gain too much weight without the ability to work out and risk out of a vbac
  • Options
    @tiggywiggles OK so normally without a rooster one of the hens will step up to be the main hen which means she'll be more aggressive with the other hens to assert herself. If she's only attacked the injured one like this I'd leave her because another one will just step up in her place. If she starts doing it to others I'd cull in a heart beat. 

Chickens are pretty freaking ferocious. If they see a weak hen they will absolutely pick and attack it. If she does survive there are a few sprays to help against feather pecking. You can get them at any feed store. But she needs to heal first. 

Just for safe measure I'd also up their calcium and protein if you haven't already. This time of year can be tough on hens and if deficient they pick at feathers to get what they need.

I hope your hen heals and the other one chills the eff out! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat I was chased by a hen when I was like 4 for picking up a tiny chicken. It was legit the scariest moment of my tiny life. Hens are vicious although now I know that she was just protecting her baby
  • Options
    Omg I am legit terrified of chickens (okay well all birds LOL) but these posts are totally validating my fears haha.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Haha I’m with you @canucklehead123!
  • Options
    @nopegoat can I pick your brain about chickens too? Lol! What would you do to up protein and calcium? It’s pretty cold here and I feel like my chooks could use a little extra to get them through it. (Although so far they seem totally unfazed and one just started laying again! 🥳)
  • Options
    @nopegoat thanks for the tips.  Our one girl is still in the house and limping pretty badly.  With each passing day I'm losing hope shes going to be ok.  
    @becks_726 we were advised to up calcium and protein come winter.  Our girls get mealworms and we make scrambled eggs for them...which seems weird but they love it!
  • Options
    @tiggywiggles do you order the mealworms online or can you source them locally? 
  • Options
    @becks_726 the live ones I buy only as a treat and get those at a pet store.  They are pricey.  I did find out some neighbours kids are going to raise them later this year to see some income so I will likely support.  I buy freeze dried mealworms at a local pet store as well.  I think I get a bag for 12.99.  Again, this is for supplementing and treats only.  We have tried oyster shells, breaking up eggshells, boiling down but our girls are more pets and have become spoiled.  They love scrambled eggs though so so much.  I
  • Options
    @becks_726 like @tiggywiggles said, eggs are a good source of protein and the egg shells are actually a good source of calcium. Some bake then grind them but we just break them up and put them in with the rest of the scraps for them. Oyster she'll is also a great source of calcium for them and can be found at most feed stores. Also different pellets have different protein amounts. Feather fixer pellets have a pretty high protein percentage! 

We don't do meal worms because we have over 40 hens and 20 ducks so the expense is just not worth it. We have talked about possibly raising them ourselves eventually though. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙