May 2021 Moms

Week 3-4 (5/15/21-5/31/21) check-in w/o 1/4/21(!?)

EDD:
FTM/STM/STM+:  
Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  
Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  
Upcoming appointments:  
How are you feeling?  
Rants/Raves:  
Questions:  
GTKY: What has been your favorite part of this pregnancy so far? (I think we cover least fave parts in the symptoms thread lol).

Re: Week 3-4 (5/15/21-5/31/21) check-in w/o 1/4/21(!?)

• EDD: May 23rd
    FTM/STM/STM+:  FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  Blue
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  a banana
    Upcoming appointments:  Friday for my A/S!
    How are you feeling?  overall good, but tired.
    Rants/Raves:  Happy New Year all!!  this is the most Monday-Monday ever!  back in the office, but feeling like i had a good "break" of equal parts relaxing and cleaning up the house--with a little work sprinkled in.  I also worked my last official shift at my PT restaurant gig, so that was bittersweet. 
    Oh HUGE rave: i bought a new pillow, its a B-shaped cervical pillow, to replace my old one.  my back has never felt better!! i think the curve of the pillow must cradle my neck perfectly and i wake up so much more rested because im not constantly trying to reposition myself all night.  i just bought the cheapest one i could find on amazon in memory foam and i am loving it.
    Questions:  none ATM.
    GTKY: What has been your favorite part of this pregnancy so far? (I think we cover least fave parts in the symptoms thread lol). i think starting to show has really made me most excited--and the sporadic flutters i have felt.  both just make everything seem more real because sometimes i still have a hard time believing this is happening, especially with lack of symptoms sometimes
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD:  5/23
    FTM/STM/STM+:   STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  Blue
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  a paper airplane
    Upcoming appointments:  Tomorrow anatomy scan with mfm
    How are you feeling?  ok today, still nauseous most days
    Rants/Raves:  My husband has been really great lately.  Just doing all the things when I feel shitty without complaining about my lack of contribution.  He's just the best sometimes, more of this lately. 
    Questions:  
    GTKY: What has been your favorite part of this pregnancy so far? (I think we cover least fave parts in the symptoms thread lol). Feeling movement.  My last pregnancy I didn't feel movement almost at all, like once around 17 weeks I felt something I thought was movements and never again.  This time, I'm feeling movement everyday.  

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• @mrosek91 i have to remind myself often too!  luckily one week from now you will get more reassurance.  I'm thinking once you know gender that will allow the feeling to settle in more too!
  • @mrosek91 sometimes I wake up at night and don't really feel like I have a belly at all and I'm like, was this real?

• EDD: 5/19

FTM/STM/STM+:  4TM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  💝 Margot Genevieve is what we have decided on 

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  banana 

Upcoming appointments:  I have to come back for another US on the 24th because little missy wouldn’t really get in a great position for us to get the spine pics they needed, but everything else is good and they said the spine from what they saw looks good they just couldn’t get a good confirmatory picture 

How are you feeling?  over the moon in love with my snoogle 

Rants/Raves:  rave above! Rant - while I’m so happy to not be super nauseous anymore I still just can’t really finish meals because I get to a point where I’m just all “ew” about it and have to get it out of my face. I’m forgetting what it’s like to enjoy an actual meal... 

Questions:  

GTKY: What has been your favorite part of this pregnancy so far? Honestly I’m not one that just loves being pregnant.... but I can say it’s been nice to feel the baby move more and more. And going through this pregnancy with my fiancé has been so amazingly great. He’s so supportive, caring and sweet - he treats me like a little pregnant queen and I love that 🤰🏼 👑 
  • edited January 2021
    @spartan4life Not exactly breastfeeding advice, but I recommend finding a breast-feeding support group. I don't know what's common around you, but LLI, leche league international has groups all over the world. Many are doing zoom or virtual meetings. Go to a couple before the birth, talk about your experience, listen to others. That way if you start breastfeeding and it's getting stressful, you already have a community where you feel comfortable and will gain new tips every day. 

Also, there are great IG accounts you can follow and they post great information you may not even have realized you needed to know. Sadly, all the ones I follow are in Spanish so I don't think I can help you with that. 

Here's some Leche League accounts:
    https://instagram.com/la.leche.league?igshid=14pn0v8gdl37y

https://instagram.com/lalecheleagueusa?igshid=au82nnbkst1g
  • @spartan4life lurking - I’m researching lactation consultants ahead of time as a FTM and our birth doula will also help at the hospital and come by for a postpartum visit to see how we’re doing. I’d like to think it’s all just gonna work but I’ve read too much here to assume. We’re delivering at a baby-friendly designated hospital but our doula said the lactation consultants on staff there are hit or miss. 

I have a couple FTM friends who had babies last year and couldn’t have in-person lactation help due to Covid and suffered for it, so I’m just hoping the situation is better by the time we deliver. 
  • I’ve always (and thankfully) have had great breastfeeding experiences.. idk if I’m some sort of unicorn but babies have latched right away and the only issue I had was mastitis once when my 2nd was 13 months. 

I won’t have a lot of good tips to offer, but I do try to tell moms not to stress over it too much. I feel like all we see/read are the tough breastfeeding journeys vs the good ones, and it can get to your head where you think it’s just going to be hard. It could be hard, but it may not be. So, good to be prepared but have a great outlook going in! 

I have always put off all the unnecessary immediate newborn stuff and opted for skin to skin right away for a few hours. I breastfeed RIGHT away. I don’t even let them weigh and measure. If baby is ok, they come to my chest for skin to skin. I think that’s important, and maybe can help get your breastfeeding relationship off on the right foot. 
  • EDD: May 31st

FTM/STM/STM+:  ftm

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  pink! 

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  mango

Upcoming appointments:  AS tomorrow... Hopefully little miss cooperates with the technician. 

How are you feeling?  Pretty good overall. Some cramping and had a few days of migraines last week, but other than that, can't complain too much :) 

Rants/Raves:  got to go hiking today... Was super awesome and fairly warm considering its January. There was a super cool partially frozen waterfalls where the outside was frozen and the inside was still flowing water. 

Questions:  NATM

GTKY: What has been your favorite part of this pregnancy so far? (I think we cover least fave parts in the symptoms thread lol). Starting to feel baby move. Hubby is pretty jealous that he can't feel it yet. 
  • Thank you all for your replies and recommendations! I am going to do my best to actually learn this time before going in to it blindly. My hospital does have LCs available and to my knowledge they are still available even now. I also will check with our pedi office because last time I was able to schedule appointments with them there as well. I only did once but had already made up my mind to EP so it wasn't as helpful to me as it could have been.

@mrosek91I did EP with DS for almost 8 weeks last time and I think that is where I honestly went wrong. I was so obsessed with timing that I would rush to get him to sleep so I could pump and clean parts before the next round. I was set on it even before having him so I didn't really consider nursing him. I think that if I go in to this with a more open mind about actually nursing, I won't miss out on some of the beauty of breastfeeding and will enjoy it more. Maybe that's completely wrong but I want to give it a shot.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • @mrosek91 so this is literally just a head/neck pillow, but coupled with my boppy wedge and a pillow between my knees, i am getting very comfortable sleep:

i think it just cradles my head/neck the right way, whereas my old pillow did not!

• @mrosek91 To be honest, the main reason that I've had so few is because we keep going into lockdown and even though the appointments don't get cancelled I'm less eager to go to an appointment. Especially when the doctor for my DS seemed to want me to come in every 3 or 4 weeks which seemed like a waste of money to me. So I'm using covid as an excuse. But I was going to go twice in tri 2, but we're in a crazy lockdown and I don't feel desperate to see a doctor.

We're supposed to get out of lockdown on the 14th so hopefully I can get an US soon after that. It was just dropin last time, no appointment, so hopefull I can do that next week too. I think 19&1/2 weeks is enough for an AS. I don't want to wait until 22w. 
  • @nsk489 just started nesting like a week ago, I feel like it starts a little earlier with each one for me. But it’s real. The night before I had DS, and I was in early labor, I organized all of our kitchen drawers 🤣

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @nsk489 I'm starting to nest through my fiancé, I can't do any if these chores yet, but he'll be off for the next month and I have a plan for him 😅😈
  • I am starting to WANT to nest and it’s driving me crazy because my fiancé and I have bought our dream home 6 weeks ago.. but we are still living in our separate houses that we have listed for sale because we don’t want to show an empty house, and then we have to coordinate moving in and combining furniture at the same time. So I feel a little 🤪. I just want to move into our new house and do all the things!!
  • @queen_frostine Sounds like your DH is experiencing couvade! 
  • @mimser but it's not really new to pregnancy, either, although I admit I'm saltier about it now