May 2021 Moms
Options

First Time Mom Check-in 01/05

mimsermimser member
edited January 2021 in May 2021 Moms
Thought it might be a good idea to start a check-in for us first-timers. Put together the below with some ideas I found from stalking other monthly boards! Looking forward to checking in!!

EDD, Weeks + Days, Gender, Baby is the size of _______:

Product Spotlight (highlight a pregnancy product you love that we should all look into - can be anything!): 

Best pregnancy advice you’ve gotten so far: 

Any questions/concerns? 

Rants/Raves:

GTKY: What is the weirdest pregnancy fact you’ve learned about this pregnancy that you didn’t know about before??

Re: First Time Mom Check-in 01/05

• Options
    love it, thanks @mimser!

EDD, Weeks + Days, Gender, Baby is the size of _______: 5/23 | 20+2 | Male | Banana! 

Product Spotlight (highlight a pregnancy product you love that we should all look into - can be anything!): i bought bra's from Momma's Shop that i am loving.  they are pregnancy/nursing bras so i can keep wearing.  yay for boob growth but boo for the pain!  these are super comfy

Best pregnancy advice you’ve gotten so far: to listen to my body and take breaks when needed.  im very much go-go-go and i never really felt like i have ever hit a wall until this.  i've made a lot of changes and concessions and am finally learning not to over-exert myself.

Any questions/concerns? actually yes, when should i start looking for pediatricians? is it too early at 20wks?

Rants/Raves: can i rave about myself starting off the new year right?  is that weird? i feel very much in control of work, home, and everything right now.  i know its only the 5th, but i feel like i was such a hot mess in December!!!

GTKY: What is the weirdest pregnancy fact you’ve learned about this pregnancy that you didn’t know about before?? idk about pregnancy fact specifically, but birth related----tearing!? and general issues down there after including bowel movements and even wiping after just peeing?! i mean, why did i not know about this before getting KU?! trying not to think about it because it sounds traumatizing.
  • Options
    @asf0613 - I don't really think it's ever too early to start looking for peds especially if your town has a bunch. We were required to list a pediatrician/practice on our hospital registration but that's not until later in the 3rd tri. We never picked a specific pediatrician but we picked a practice that we liked and felt comfortable with and came highly recommended and we probably started looking/researching in the 2nd trimester (it's been a few years so I don't remember exactly when!). I know a lot of practices in non-COVID times also offer open houses and tours to expecting parents (or even parents looking for a new practice) and some places might do that virtually now. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @asf0613 I listened to a great podcast ep about picking a pediatrician. I just registered with ours yesterday...one of my close friends is really happy with the practice that is closest to us. I like that we have one office within walking distance, and that they have a few more offices around the city. Here's the podcast with things to think about (and this pediatrician says now is the right time!): link
  • Options
    Thanks for starting this @mimser!

EDD, Weeks + Days, Gender, Baby is the size of _______:  May 26, 19+6, baby is as long as a piece of bacon 

Product Spotlight (highlight a pregnancy product you love that we should all look into - can be anything!): oh gosh I really don’t know! I haven’t really bought anything yet. I have been looking into the Mockingbird strollers—looks like the Uppababy but for half the price

Best pregnancy advice you’ve gotten so far: avoid google! Lol

Any questions/concerns? NATM

Rants/Raves: Rave—I stopped at a cute little French bakery in town after getting (non-pregnancy related) blood work done this morning and had THE BEST pastries. I bought 2 but shared with my hubby and now I regret not getting more 😂

GTKY: What is the weirdest pregnancy fact you’ve learned about this pregnancy that you didn’t know about before?? Your heart actually grows during pregnancy 🙀 it’s like the grinch!
  • Options
    EDD, Weeks + Days, Gender, Baby is the size of _______: May 17, 21w1d, boy, endive

Product Spotlight (highlight a pregnancy product you love that we should all look into - can be anything!): maternity underwear, so comfortable...

Best pregnancy advice you’ve gotten so far: Gratitude!

Any questions/concerns? Have you gotten started on your nursery?

Rants/Raves: We are going back to total confinement and it looks like my fiancé will be home for the next 3-4 weeks. 2 of these weeks I will still be on vacation! (This is a rave btw! 😅)

GTKY: What is the weirdest pregnancy fact you’ve learned about this pregnancy that you didn’t know about before?? You can leak colostrum from as early as 12 weeks...
  • Options
    @asf0613 Luckily my general practitioner will follow my baby when he's born. So no need to look for a pediatrician at the moment.