July 2021 Moms

How/When are you announcing?

Any big plans? Gonna keep it quiet? Just post a new baby pic? (Wish I had the patience for this hahah) 

Have you told work/when do you plan to? Any cool ideas?

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

Re: How/When are you announcing?

• @AKuzReve that's adorable!!  Can you just request a call some time other than the scheduled calls - I agree you should probably give those managers a heads up before you post it on social media if they are going to see it.

I told my boss a few weeks ago but told him I wasn't ready to tell the rest of the team.  Yesterday in our managers meeting he announces "I think this is common knowledge that ***** is expecting her second baby".... OMG I wanted to scream, NOT COMMON KNOWLEDGE!!! Needless to say, everybody was shocked - probably me most of all.  Definitely not when I was planning on telling my colleagues.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @canucklehead123 oh no!! I'm sorry he announced before you were ready. What a dick move. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • We basically already told our family via text or phone call already. Honestly prob wont post to social media until after 30 weeks. No real reason, but thats when we announced my first pregnancy. Plus I have HG and look like death. Want to announce once I have a sizeable bump to distract everyone from my hollow face and dark circles under my eyes. 

• @canucklehead123 wow can't believe he announced for you. One of our directors did that for someone on my team. the father (who she announced for) wasn't even on the call when she announced. It was so awk. Every team call we have I feel like the people who know im pregnant are egging me on "anyone have anything new to share?" lol
  • Omg @canucklehead123 that is awful. 😳

@daisy528, I love your announcement!

• I’m waiting for my 12 week US to announce it more widely:
    1. Family, right now only our parents know. 
    2. My two closest colleagues/friends. 
    3. My manager.
    4. Friends who I speak to regularly these days. 

And then we’ll post when the baby is born. We aren’t big on social media and it just feels more natural to us this way. 

• I'm just over 12 weeks and we havent told anyone yet, including our kids.  We were planning to wait a few more weeks but with this being baby 4 I'm already big...I usually pop early but this is more then I was expecting.  
  • I prefer to tell people in person (or on the phone/FaceTime) instead of a social media announcement. I’ve already told close family and friends - not in any cutesy ways, mostly just by saying “Guess what, AJ’s going to be a big brother!”. I’m working from home for the foreseeable future so I’ll probably tell my boss much later than I normally would. Maybe March? 
  • I was planning to announce today since we had a great NT scan and I will be 13 weeks tomorrow. I've already told most family and close friends so this is for social media. We've been so busy I haven't had a chance to take the picture of my two older kiddos that I want, so hopefully I can do that tonight when I get home from work. The lighting might not be idea though, so maybe I'll do it tomorrow. EEEEKKKK I'm so excited!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think we will just tell the people we want but not announce on social media until after baby is here. I might change my mind about that

• Haa I know, it was terrible - also nobody said congratulations or anything cause they could tell I was so shocked... still haven't said congratulations also... now it's just weird LOL.

We bought DS a little book that is called "I am a big brother" so we will TRY to get him to sit still and read it for a photo and then just post that.  He actively rebels against photos though so it might be a pipe dream. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We got our daughter a shirt that says “b is for big sister” and a couple of big sister books. Her birthday is January 17, and our first ultrasound is around 12 weeks on Jan 14. So if all goes well we will give her those things for her birthday, snap a pic and send to close family and friends. Not sure about social media yet. I’m not telling work until we have our ultrasound either 
  • @marikkita12 those are perfect! Good idea on the cover photo too. I don’t have Facebook, but my husband does for the family, maybe we will do something similar. 
  • We are planning on probably announcing after the NT & NIPT results are received to family members. No one knows that we are expecting yet. I think I just don’t want hear how I need to be careful bc of Covid, or how hard it’s going to be with a 2 year old & new born. 

Also I’m not sure if or when I’ll post anything on social media.

I’m not sure to do something as simple as this or if I should do a photo shoot with my daughter to announce that she will be a big sister?? Not sure...
  • I used my announcement on FB as I don’t have anyone there from work. I will try to tell my one manager on Wednesday and then do a nye post on IG. Or if not, do it later on. 🤷🏽‍♀️

• I'm so anxious for my first appointment Thursday - I think I'm 12 weeks.  I really don't want to tell my kids until we do testing to make sure the baby is healthy.  I'm on a bunch of meds and I'm old & fat so I just want to know everything okay before I start opening my mouth.

It is SOOOO hard to keep quiet!  Especially to my two littles I homeschool!  They want a baby sibling so bad!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml