Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 12/28

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to in 2021? Anything you are hoping will be different? 

Re: TFAS w/o 12/28

• What number are you trying for? #3

Month/Cycle? 2/3

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 4 & 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not too optimistic.  I am annoyed because my last cycle was kind of all over the place and then went long.

Rant/Rave? I had some time off for the holiday.  It has been so nice.  I am not looking forward to starting back again at work this week.

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to in 2021? Anything you are hoping will be different?  I am most looking forward to a vaccine and getting the virus under control.

**TW** TTC History
    TTC#3 since Nov 2020 at ages 35 & 39
    TTC#1 - 2 IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 2 miscarriages (LC age 4)
    TTC#2 - a very welcome surprise without intervention (LC age 2)

• What number are you trying for? #3

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO, CD 12

Ages of other child(ren)? 2 &4

Any thoughts about this cycle? I really, really, really hope this happens this month. I'm feeling a lot of internal pressure. Both of my living kids are September babies, so I really want another September baby. My siblings and I were all born in the same month and I have such fond memories of celebrating our birthdays together with our family (and we still do!) So I would love to have all my kids be September babies. 

Obviously, I will be happy with any baby I get  whenever I get a baby, but a Sept baby would be sweet icing on the cake. 

Any questions? Not about my cycle. 

Rant/Rave? We have too much crap after Christmas and now we need to do a toy purge. Do you involve your older kiddos in selecting which toys go? Or do you just secretly toss?

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to in 2021? Anything you are hoping will be different?

Hopefully being pregnant and wanting to move into a new house. I'm hoping we'll start the selling/buying process by March! 

• Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle? 3/1AL

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 18, 6, 5, 3, 13 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I’m feeling really good about it. We got great timing and my temps are rising nicely resulting in a triphasic chart. 

Any questions?

Rant/Rave? My kids got so much stuff from my in-laws it is insane. When we drove home the van had stuff stuffed in every possible place. We are doing our Christmas this Tuesday because we didn’t want to bring all our stuff there and I’m glad we didn’t. We wouldn’t have gotten it all home. I went and bought all of DH’s gifts yesterday. I need to order one more thing. I’m so last minute on things like that. Gifts aren’t our love languages and they tend to be last minute thoughts or we go buy our own gifts. I think we need to do better in the future so we aren’t waiting until the last minute. 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to in 2021? Anything you are hoping will be different? I’m looking forward to hopefully getting back to normal. Not a new normal but actual normal. I want to go back to my gym and let my kids play at the pool or leave them in the daycare so I can get a massage. We gave up a membership because I have too many kids to ever get an appointment to leave them in the daycare. You can only do 48 hours in advance and there are never enough available spots because they only allow 10 kids at a time. 

@dobbysfavoritesock I’m also looking forward to the virus getting under control. Sorry your break is ending. 

@poodledoodleooo I do and don’t involve my kids in toy purges. I will trash stuff I know are random less played with toys but other toys I will hang on to for 30 days and if they ask for them then I give it back. If they don’t, it goes away. I also tell the kids they need to pick a certain number of toys to donate. So they are involved but I don’t think they would be able to do the kind of purges I need/want to do. Also, house hunting is both fun and stressful. We love our house we bought over the summer but the carpets were trashed by their dogs. They used them as their own person toilets. We couldn’t tell because we had to wear a mask every time we came to the house. When we finally got all moved in we couldn’t even go upstairs where the carpets were. It was so nasty smelling. Anyways, take your mask off and take some deep breathes so you can actually smell the house you plan to buy. 😆

• @emeraldcity1214 thats seriously good advice. I don't mind having a bit of a fixer, but I'd want to know if something needs to be replaced/fixed before we actually move in! And how gross of the previous homeowners 🤢. We also got a ton of stuff from my in-laws and its just a lot. My MIL in particular LOVES to buy the kids stuff and its not always stuff thats actually practical for them to use/play with. I try to be gracious in accepting it all but it's challenging especially when I'm not much of a stuff person in the first place. 

@dobbysfavoritesock Its always so hard to go Back to work after a break. Hopefully its a light week for you. 
  • @dobbysfavoritesock so much the same about getting the virus under control. I really hope the vaccine helps control the spread. 🤞🏼🤞🏼
    @poodledoodleooo I feel you on the LARGE amount of toys after Christmas. We literally just made a toy room last month and it’s already full without the toys from Christmas. 🙈
    @emeraldcity1214 my husband is not a gift giver either and my love language is receiving gifts. I send him a lot of links to things I want because he just isn’t good at it. Makes Christmas hard.

What number are you trying for? #2

Month/Cycle? 7/8

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 20 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? No reason to not have good vibes right now.

Any questions? Nope.

Rant/Rave? Christmas was amazing and my daughter was completely spoiled. So many toys and new things to play with. I’m excited to watch her play with all of her new things. Her favorite right now is a baby doll, which both makes my heart swell and breaks it all at once. She will make such a great big sister someday.

Hopefully adding to our family and controlling this damn virus. I’m ready to not be fearful every time I leave my house. 

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @poodledoodleooo What really makes it bad is that the owners pitched a huge fit when I requested a professional cleaning company come in and clean the carpets. You would have thought I asked her to replace the baseboards with gold. It really upset me and we nearly walked away. 

@chindimples04 My girls will nurse their babies. It’s really cute. They also tell me they want to grow up to be a mommy like me and it really melts my heart. 
  • We did our family Christmas today. DH didn’t tell me he was working until 2 am so we baked all day and watched movies while we waited for him to wake up. My house is so destroyed and the poor puppy has been in his kennel all day while I have been trying to slowly clean up the mess and make sure he doesn’t eat the toys. He eats everything and I plan to have the kids keep all their new toys in the basement where the dog isn’t allowed to go. He makes everything just a tad bit more difficult than it should be. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 my Stuart is the same way! He eats EVERYTHING! Blankets, pillows, curtains, batteries, plastic wrappers, chapstick. I love him, but DAMN! I hope you were able to get cleaned up quickly so you could release the dog!
    TTC History

• @chindimples04 He has eaten something and now is in the ER. They are doing x-rays now. Ugh, after this we are buying an indoor dog pen to put him in when the kids have all their toys out. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 no!!! I’ve made the same trip. Stuart ate 23 crayons last week. 🤬 DD had them for 1.5 hours. Hopefully it’s nothing and comes out quickly!
    TTC History

• @chindimples04 they said the x-ray was inconclusive because of air bubbles and abnormalities in the size of his intestines in front of the bubbles and behind them. There wasn’t an obvious blockage but it could be stingy fibers. I can’t think of anything stringy that he has eaten so I’m hoping he doesn’t need surgery.
  • @emeraldcity1214 That’s awful.  I hope he is doing ok now.
    **TW** TTC History
    TTC#3 since Nov 2020 at ages 35 & 39
    TTC#1 - 2 IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 2 miscarriages (LC age 4)
    TTC#2 - a very welcome surprise without intervention (LC age 2)