March 2021 Moms

all due date check-in 12/27/20 - last one of 2020!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Let's end this crazy year on a positive note! Other than conceiving our little ones, what are you most thankful/grateful for this year?
Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
Adopted Furbaby: 2014
TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21

Re: all due date check-in 12/27/20 - last one of 2020!

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 29+1

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Boy - Ryan 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Pineapple or a Barbie convertible 

Upcoming appointments: OB + 3-hr glucose test next Monday (ugghhh)

How are you feeling?: Fatigue is starting to kick in again but otherwise, I'm feeling great. Still nesting a ton which has been so satisfying.

Rants/Raves: Rant that I have to work this week but I'm trying to save my vacation days to use towards my maternity leave next year. Plus, DH is working overtime and daycare is closed this week, so I'm solo-momming while working. Rave that even though the forecast said rain this morning, it didn't rain so I was able to get the kiddo outside for a little bit to get his wiggles out a little lol

Questions:

GTKY: Let's end this crazy year on a positive note! Other than conceiving our little ones, what are you most thankful/grateful for this year?  I'm grateful that despite having covid earlier this year, none of us having any terrible lingering side effects.  I'm also so so thankful for daycare and our amazing teachers.  I don't know how I would've survived working from home and solo-momming a few times a week with a demanding preschooler.  I'm also so thankful for my BIL and his husband.  They've been coming over every Saturday since the stay at home orders were lifted which is such a huge help.  They're my son's favorite people.  Lastly, the ability to work from home this whole year.  My company, as crazy as things have been for the company, they've really been prioritizing the health of it's employees. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 28 + 1

FTM/STM/STM+: TTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue (third boy - Lord help me)

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: An eggplant

Upcoming appointments: January 5th for a late 28 week appointment and growth sono

How are you feeling?: Ugh. Let me just name a couple to keep this from becoming a self-pity novel. My heart palpitations are worse than they were with either of my previous pregnancies, which makes it difficult to keep up with my 2 and 4 year olds. My hemorrhoids are worse than they've ever been. I'm having frequent mini panic attacks about labor and delivery because my second was fast and intense so I'm freaked out about what the third could be like (and we live 30 minutes from the hospital).

Rants/Raves: Rant - See above. I think this pregnancy is karma because my husband and I have often rolled our eyes at how much the other women in our lives complain about pregnancy when it is such a blessing and really isn't that bad (ha!) Rave - Two short work weeks in a row!!

Questions: What do I need to buy for postpartum care? With my previous pregnancies, I have tried a myriad of products but still took over 6 weeks for my stitches to fall out and 8 weeks to stop being in constant pain from my episiotomy and tear. I'm hoping to heal more quickly this time around! 

GTKY: Let's end this crazy year on a positive note! Other than conceiving our little ones, what are you most thankful/grateful for this year? As mentioned several times above, I am SO grateful to be working from home. I'm also so very grateful for an accommodating, caring, hard working daycare provider who has helped us so much during COVID.
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 28w4d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: 💙 Teddy

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a loaf of bread 🍞  lol

Upcoming appointments: sooon, I think Jan 9th

How are you feeling?: pretty good

Rants/Raves: Rave: got lots of baby related Christmas gifts 🙌 at this point we have everything we need to bring baby home.

Question: is anyone else doing the 3D ultrasounds? My husband hasn't been able to come to any of my appointments so we are thinking of doing this so he can see Teddy. When is a good week to do it?

GTKY: Let's end this crazy year on a positive note! Other than conceiving our little ones, what are you most thankful/grateful for this year? 
    My husband graduated with his BS is Cybersecurity this June with a 4.0 🙌 even though it's been rough looking for employment since then, nothing will ever take away the hard work and dedication he put into that. Such a huge life achievement for him and I'm incredibly proud of him. I'm grateful that he's done now. It was a very busy time for us both.
    DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 30w today

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: handprint fits on end of tp roll

Upcoming appointments: two weeks for 32w and sono 

How are you feeling?: tired 

Rants/Raves: rave-got a call late this evening from OB that I passed 3 hour GD I did on Christmas Eve!! I thought it was going to be bad news getting a call that late in the evening and so quickly. 

Questions: n/a

GTKY: Let's end this crazy year on a positive note! Other than conceiving our little ones, what are you most thankful/grateful for this year? All the time extra time we have gotten working from home with our daughter. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 27 weeks

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Pink x2

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Two Barbies

Upcoming appointments: I'm going to suck it up and do my second 3-hour glucose tomorrow (I refused to do it last week, there was zero chance I could leave work for the entire morning AND be useless in the afternoon). Otherwise, next MFM is January 12. 

How are you feeling?: Starting to majorly slow down, turning over in bed is getting VERY difficult. I feel like I've been nesting for months already, we did so much work to move rooms around upstairs, but I've declared that starting this week we're in Baby Boot Camp, MH and I have to get the rest of the house fully settled and decluttered. 

Rants/Raves: I had been starting to stress a little bit about getting the essential in to the house before my 34 week "baby watch" period begins (I truly mean newborn essentials like our diaper changing supplies, two bouncer chairs to have a safe place to put them down, and our frame stroller to get them to the pediatrician, stuff we'd need in the first two weeks). MH checked our registry and got a reality check that we're in double digits for a countdown, and said something to his mom about a Zoom shower because otherwise we need to just purchase everything soon. My SiL finally set something up, and it makes me happy that our girls are getting celebrated even though we're in a weird pandemic year. This is my first and most likely only pregnancy, so I'm glad we get to do something. 

Questions: Nope

GTKY: Let's end this crazy year on a positive note! Other than conceiving our little ones, what are you most thankful/grateful for this year? I am grateful that we've been able to both work from home throughout this pandemic, it's helped keep us safe. I'm also grateful that we're in a position to have the "luxury" of quarantining to try to help flatten the curve. 

me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @kloe818 Ugh I'm so sorry you're a human pin cushion, I feel like after an IVF conception we should be exempt from it hahaha! 

@juliebeann GL solo momming!!!!! 

@cmortmain I've had carpal tunnel in non-pregnancy and it's the actual worst. If you suspect it's starting, go get a carpal tunnel brace immediately and wear it to sleep every night. I'm not sure if you're normally a side sleeper or not, but sometimes if you let your wrist hang over the end of the bed when you sleep that can also trigger carpal tunnel. Hopefully you can nip it in the bud quickly! 

@clevans I don't blame you for being anxious, having a tough pregnancy is just icing on top of the anxiety haha. 

@princessjenney congrats to your husband! Cyber security is HUGE right now, I would think he'd get snapped up quickly! MH is also in the industry, and we found out for example a huge local company lost their entire data center and had to pay millions to get it back, all due to phishing. 

@jemjed Congrats on passing your 3 hour! 

@sunny_native14 Congrats on nursery progress! 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 3/22 and 28+1

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: An eggplant haha

Upcoming appointments: 1/4

How are you feeling?: I thought I was going to escape the heartburn and it reared it's ugly head last night. :D Insomnia is also real now. I never had problems sleeping before and now I'm lucky if I can fall asleep until the wee hours of the morning lol. If I fall asleep, then I seem to wake up in the wee hours for a couple hours before passing out again lol. Fun fun. Otherwise I'm feeling really good and can't complain. 

Rants/Raves: I really have nothing to rant about. My rave is we have officially decided on little one's middle name and I am so in love with his full name meaning!!  I'm also SO excited because my guy is driving up to see me for New Years. We're going to get to spend the weekend together and have a 4d ultrasound done. He'll get to come to my OB appointment on Monday as well. : )

Questions: Favorite pacifiers for breastfeeding? Does it matter? 

GTKY: Let's end this crazy year on a positive note! Other than conceiving our little ones, what are you most thankful/grateful for this year? This year has taken a complete 180 for me. I've learned so many lessons and my life has completely changed and I am so thankful for it. I have the best guy I could ask for in my life, I have my immediate family back in my life, I have the best paying job I ever had, and I moved to a new state. Grateful for everyday. :)
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: March 7 / 30+3

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: baby girl 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: half the cheesecake as well, which also definitely made me want to eat cheesecake haha

Upcoming appointments: Around mid Jan for next midwife appointment. I’m technically in every 2 week territory in non-covid times but they’re keeping them at a month until I get to 9 months I think (unless there’s a need)

How are you feeling?: decent. She’s feeling more alien like in her movements than DD1 did; rolling around near the top of my stomach rather than the kicks. 

Rants/Raves: I’m off work until Jan 4th and already not looking forward to going back haha. 

Questions:

That going into 2021 we’re finally in a position to look to buy a house, which we’ve been wanting to do for years (the real estate market in my area is just obscene).
  • finnflanfinnflan member
    edited December 2020
    @clevans1 - I’m not much of a help, as with DD1 my episiotomy stitches burst after about a week, so I had to deal with that plus infection and also took about 8 weeks to be proper functioning. I’d say keep a close eye out for potential infection - as soon as a I got those antibiotics it was night and day. I also used a throat spray to keep the area clean (sounds incredibly weird I know but the doctor recommended it and it helped. I can look up what it was if you’d like). I found sitz baths too painful to do very often, but did force myself to do them for at least a short time while I could. I also kept taking collace for quite a while to limit the amount of pushing/straining 😉

@xvividash - I focused more on which pacifier the kid preferred rather than looking into if any were better for breastfeeding, to be honest. DD1 really liked the MAM soothers, so we used them until we weaned her off of it around 6 months when we sleep trained. 
  • @finnflan Thank you so much!! 😊
  • edited December 2020
    @xvividash DD never accepted a pacifier. We breastfed exclusively, on demand and co-slept, so I think she just figured she'd hold out for the real thing! Lol 
    She was my first and I guess I never thought a baby would just rejected pacifiers completely
  • @xvividash DS was given a Avent Soother pacifier at the hospital and he loved them.  He weaned himself from the paci when he started rolling over on his belly at 5 months.
  • @juliebeannn I also need to go out everyday with DS or else! 

@clevans1 Hospital grade Dermoplast was awesome. I also made popsicle pads and they soothed some of the pain. There are lots of tutorials online and it’s basically freezing pads with aloe Vera gel and alcohol-free witch hazel.

@princessjenney I did the 3D ultrasound at 24 weeks. I got some pretty good images of baby’s little face! I imagine later on would be much clearer. 

@mvt2003 I have to deal with so much decluttering that I haven’t even racked the baby room yet. that is definitely my project everyday project for the next couple of months.

@duhduhduck  I didn’t get professional photos done for my last pregnancy nor this one. I don’t regret it. I think it’s very much a personal choice and I’m not that keen on photo shoots of myself.

@xvividash We used Avent pacifiers and DS was over them after three months. I’m kind of glad that he wasn’t into pacis.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I passed my second 3-hour glucose!!! Wheeee!!!! I told both girls they did a great job growing placentas :D 

@kloe818 Congrats on no GD!!! Logically, I know it's literally just how the placenta processes sugars, but it's hard not to stress over it. I did keep all of my needles and did a picture, but to be fair I didn't do any Lovenox or even a medicated FET. My needles were just from 11 days of stims and 3 triggers. Mine all fit in one sharps container, if it had gotten larger I might not have. 

@manillabar How timely that I've passed my glucose because I now deeply desire Cheesecake Factory! 

@redselig I feel like the nursery is the least organized room right now, but the rest of the house is currently chaos from all of the boxes and Christmas so I've got to start there!