July 2021 Moms
Options

STM+ Check In (12/20)

How far along are you? 
How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 
How are your other kids doing this week? 
Rants/Raves: 
Concerns/Questions: 
GTKY: what is your go to meal when you need some comfort food? 

Re: STM+ Check In (12/20)

• Options
    How far along are you? 9+6
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 2 - 3 and 20 mo 
    How are your other kids doing this week? Omg they are so whiny? We need to get out of the house but there isn’t anywhere to go. If we go outside we spend a half hour putting on gear and then they want to come in after 5 min lol
    Rants/Raves: I am all caught up with work! I’m so excited. I’m changing my shop structure to be premade and ready to ship vs made to order and it will make work/life so much better
    Concerns/Questions: Not right now
    GTKY: what is your go to meal when you need some comfort food? A buffalo chicken sub

• Options
    How far along are you? 10+2

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? Almost 29 months... man time flies so fast 

How are your other kids doing this week?  Fine although a little cooped up, we did manage to get out to the forest for a walk yesterday so that was good, DS just ran around the whole time like a border collie. 

Rants/Raves: Already detailed my cookie rant in the weekly check-in lol, otherwise none all is good

Concerns/Questions: natm

GTKY: what is your go to meal when you need some comfort food?  Pizza (getting some for lunch today for our office zoom party...yahooo) 

@DuchessOfCambridge sounds like the cooped up feeling is a common one with the littles
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 8+6
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they?  two girls, 2 and 4
    How are your other kids doing this week? Surviving on a shit ton of TV while I'm a blob on the couch
    Rants/Raves: Apparently the COVID stress weight I put on qualifies me to take the Glucose test earlier.  Can't say that made me feel great
    Concerns/Questions: 
    GTKY: what is your go to meal when you need some comfort food? I have comfort places not necessarily comfort meals.  Anyway the pizza place in my home town always.

BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    How far along are you? 10w
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? DS is 15 months
    How are your other kids doing this week? He had a low grade fever at the end of last week, but luckily seems back to normal now. We took him out in the snow for the first time yesterday, and he loved it so much!
    Rants/Raves: So looking forward to taking all of next week off of work, with no plans.
    Concerns/Questions: No
    GTKY: what is your go to meal when you need some comfort food? A big, messy cheeseburger and fries

@canucklehead123 Sooo until I read your rant/rave right now, I had no idea I should post in both the STM check-in and the regular weekly check-in threads  :#
  • Options
    How far along are you? 12w

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 3 kids aged 7, 5, 2

How are your other kids doing this week? 
    They are so excited to be on Winter Break, and bouncing around waiting for Santa.  

Rants/Raves: I had an elective ultrasound scheduled so hubby can come and see but with us going back into lockdown its canceled.  While not the biggest deal in the world I was excited to share that moment with him.  I guess first world problems over here 

Concerns/Questions: none

GTKY: what is your go to meal when you need some comfort food? Thai food or Indian is usually what I look for when I'm craving comfort.  I love the warmth of the food 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 12 Weeks

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? Two. 8 and 5

How are your other kids doing this week? They are on winter break and already annoying me. Lol. 

Rants/Raves: I'm all done with Christmas shopping and wrapping. 

Concerns/Questions: Not currently

GTKY: what is your go to meal when you need some comfort food? Tacos! Or just about anything with a tortilla. 
  • Options
    @cammie0526 I don't think it matters! But we have so many STM+ moms on this board and very few FTM's so I figured the weekly check-ins would be a bit dead if we all didn't post their too LOL 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 12w 3d?
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 1 - 15.5 months!
    How are your other kids doing this week? He’s good. He was grumpy on the weekend but it was because I discovered a new allergy so he was in pain. Understandable. Since Monday though he’s been back to his normal self! 
    Rants/Raves: My husband and I are trying to manage full time work while our nanny is off for 2 weeks. Ah! So fun. Super pumped for Christmas this week!
    Concerns/Questions: 
    GTKY: what is your go to meal when you need some comfort food? 
    Indian food for sure. Or Thai food but haven’t found any Thai food here I’m in love with. 😭

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    @AKuzReve I feel like finding a good Thai place is always so hard.  We moved last year and had a stellar place near by.  Now I'm pretty rural and the closest place is 20 minutes away and meh at best.  
  • Options
    How far along are you? 10w2d

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 1 - 22 months

How are your other kids doing this week? Good! My MIL came to stay with us for the holidays so we pulled DD out of daycare. She’s been having a blast and she’s in the midst of a little language explosion! 

Rants/Raves: she also has a cold and the congestion is making nursing really unpleasant. I’m truthfully pretty over it at this point but if she still wants to, I don’t want to cut her off in the middle of cold and flu season and her first winter in daycare. 😔

Concerns/Questions: natm 

GTKY: what is your go to meal when you need some comfort food? probably one of my mum’s recipes. Lasagne if I have the energy, a simpler pasta dish if not. 
  • Options
    @tiggywiggles, especially coming from toronto which has amazing Thai food! Nothing compares. I’ve found good Indonesian but it’s not the same. 

• Options
    @AKuzReve I miss my local Thai place in TO. 😭 The food scene up here is pretty mediocre. And I’m in the country so WFH has really cut in to my eating out lol
    I can’t believe there’s so many of us in Ontario! Ready for this lockdown? 
  • Options
    kpc914kpc914 member
    edited December 2020
    How far along are you? 10+6

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? one. Harrison is 2.5 yrs old. 

How are your other kids doing this week? He's doing great! The kid is obsessed with xmas and my husband straight up does EVERYTHING around the house and caring for my son. They are both thriving as much as they can while I deal with HG. 

Rants/Raves: miserably sick. But, it is what it is. Had this with my 1st pregnancy, too. I am still nursing occassionally (maybe once a day? sometimes even less), and I just wish my son would get the hint that im dehydrated and wean himself. I don't have the heart to cut him off when he asks most of the time.

Concerns/Questions: none really. just can't wait for third trimester (yes I said what I said)

GTKY: what is your go to meal when you need some comfort food? gatorade slushies count?

@AKuzReve does your son have food allergies? My son does as well! He is starting desensitization treatment the first week of Jan. Solidarity. 

• Options
    @becks_726, what place was it?! I actually live abroad now but we’re also now in lockdown and it sucks. I’ll be back in Ontario in about 1-2 years! 

@kpc914, ok super weird because I know another mom who has a son named Harrison (which also happens to be my son’s middle name!) and food allergies from another board. 🤔🤔 but I thought she was pregnant and due ahead of me. But yes! He has 10 food allergies now. The majority are anaphylactic and then 2 newly discovered ones as of last week. I hope desensitization goes well! I’ve heard great things about it. 

• Options
    kpc914kpc914 member
    edited December 2020
    @AKuzReve thats so funny! Nope, not me (unless said board in May 18 lol). So we have (knock on wood) luckily never had an anaphylactic reaction, but his labs show he has a high chance clinically for anaphylaxis with peanuts, most tree nuts, and egg. Also has minor allergy to lentils, chickpeas, sesame, and mustard. We will get more details on the actual levels and such when he starts treatment. I am not sure where you live, but people travel from all over the US (and often internationally) to do the program my son is in. It's called Tolerance Induction Program (TIP), they treat babies as young as 6 months! I will keep you posted on the journey and our experience. Hope that something similar is an option for your son. Parenting a child with food allergies is stressful, I feel you. 

• Options
    @AKuzReve it was a small place on the corner of Vaughan and St-Clair W. Can’t remember the name for the life of me.