Babies on the Brain

Waiting Room... Friday? 12/4

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.*** 

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday! You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. 

I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation. 

When do you think you will start TTC? 

What brings you to WRW?

Any R/R?

GTKY: What’s your favorite Christmas tradition?

Re: Waiting Room... Friday? 12/4

• When do you think you will start TTC? 
    Anytime between now and July 2021

What brings you to WRW?
    Babies obvs but see rant in particular 

Any R/R?
    rave: DH sorted our issue from last week and things have actually been better than they have been in quite some time. I’ve seen the effort he’s put in, just hope it sticks. 
    Rant: well, our good friends just had a baby on Wednesday. They’re the first of our friend group and don’t get me wrong I am SO happy for them! The father was our best man and DH’s best friend since they were 8 and mama was one of my bridesmaids. So yeah, we’re so so happy for them but I find myself so incredibly jealous and sad. I just want it to be our turn but there are things we want to do first and it’s quickly approaching our TTC date so 🤷🏻‍♀️ just a reminder that we’re not even trying yet. 

Also, I was asked to participate in a study by the NHS for covid. I took the test last Sunday and got the results on Wednesday and it turns out I have covid! I felt fine at first but Friday night-ish the symptoms started. Sore throat and a slight cough has started as well. Overall I feel fine, just feels like a cold. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite Christmas tradition?
    I think going to cut down our Christmas tree is my favourite. My family used to go to a proper farm which was HUGE with loads of different types of trees and a little barn with hot cocoa and a sleigh for pictures. It was just lovely. I miss it. I need to find a place like that here in the UK. This year, because DH and I are isolating, my ILs went and cut down a tree for us yesterday which was so lovely of them. 
    Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• tumbleweed-1tumbleweed-1 member
    edited December 2020
    *edit because my butterfingers hit send with only the question prompts 🤦🏻‍♀️

When do you think you will start TTC? Spurn/summer 2021?

What brings you to WRW? Same old 

Any R/R? Not much 

GTKY: What’s your favorite Christmas tradition? I suppose just getting/having a tree? That seems pretty standard, but some people don’t do it. That makes it a tradition, right? Even when I was in my early 20s in college I would get a tree and my friends thought it was weird because none of us had kids or anything 😂 they didn’t understand that I wanted one for me lol

@jackie_dunny 😞 that’s so much to be going through right now. I’m glad your bond with YH is stronger during this. I really hope you continue to have a mild case of covid and that you are better soon. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @tumbleweed-1 how could they laugh at you for getting a tree?! That’s the best part of leading-up-to-Christmas-time! That and the movies/music 

@doodleoodle you started the prompt but didn’t fill anything out, hope everything is okay ❤️ 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunny I’m glad things are better for you with DH. How are you feeling physically? Everything is fine, just got distracted. Although I do think I might be suffering from some seasonal/pandemic depression.
    @tumbleweed-1 so funny that you put a tree up for yourself 😂 I didn’t put one up as an adult until after I got married.

When do you think you will start TTC? 🤷‍♀️

What brings you to WRW? Babies

Any R/R? Nah

GTKY: What’s your favorite Christmas tradition? Decorating gingerbread houses with my littles
  • @doodleoodle not feeling great physically. Been getting worse everyday actually. Overall, still not TOO bad though. Feels like a rough cold. I’m so sorry you’re not feeling well. Make sure to take time for yourself! Have DH run you a bath maybe! And remember to be kind to yourself. I could never get into building gingerbread houses. Mine always fell apart and were a huge mess and they just frustrated me lol I’ve only made a handful in my life though so not much practice. Have you and your girls made one this year yet?
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Hope you feel better soon! We haven’t yet. But I always just get some kits and hot glue to pieces of the house so together the night before 😂
  • @doodleoodle hot glue?? No wonder mine always fall apart! 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Yeah, girl! Icing will not keep a house together. We do use icing for the candy though