August 2021 Moms
Options

Monday Randoms 12/7

How we doing ladies? Who wants to take a bet as to when this board will explode with fresh faces? 

Re: Monday Randoms 12/7

• Options
    @BourbonBiscuits People getting a positive test this week (on a missed period day I mean) would be due the third week of August, right?  Math is hard.. So maybe this Wednesday.  That's my vote.

@Gwyneddlesliegrace I wish I was good at crafting.  I am just NOT creative.  I did start making fancy charcuterie boards lately though!  Probably the most creative thing I've ever done.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ladyk127 Wednesday feels right to me. There's also that big influx after Week 12, which is always fun. 

@Gwyneddlesliegrace Ooooh this sounds heavenly. What fruit do you use? Oranges?
  • Options
    @ladyk127

Over Thanksgiving I cried TWICE about math... that's actually what prompted me to test 😅 

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ladyk127ladyk127 member
    edited December 2020
    @Gwyneddlesliegrace That's really funny lol

I am so thankful my son is only in kindergarten, solely because I don't know what I would do if I had to help him with remote learning and complicated math.  I mean the answer is I just couldn't.  Luckily it's still stuff I know.

• Options
    @ladyk127

I've homeschooled my kids for ever, including high-school for my now college age child! But for some reason I just could not think. The first was how much butter we needed for the pies... we ended up with POUNDS of butter.

The second was literally basic addition adding up scores in a game. 

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Gwyneddlesliegrace LOL
    That's amazing to me.  I couldn't do it.  I have such a mental block with numbers.
    Fractions. Forget it.

• Options
    I thought this board would actually be a lot more active when I joined. So I'm guessing lots more people will pop up soonish?

I need to do a run today but it's cold and I don't want to. I have so much trouble with motivation in the winter. I'm also working on finishing a second baby blanket for my sister-in-law who is due with twins any time this month!

@Gwyneddlesliegrace - That sounds fun! I haven't made garland since I was a kid and even back then it was just popcorn and cranberries because that's what my grandparents always put on their tree.
  • Options
    @dancingnarwhal it usually picks up around week 5 then again around week 12. My F19 group had 40 when we moved to FB (although there were a lot more than that on TB) which was suuuper small compared to other BMBs I've heard of. I'm sure it'll pick up soon!
  • Options
    @dancingnarwhal it usually picks up around week 5 then again around week 12. My F19 group had 40 when we moved to FB (although there were a lot more than that on TB) which was suuuper small compared to other BMBs I've heard of. I'm sure it'll pick up soon!
    Yeah my june11 group had 100s when we finally moved to FB. That was kind of peak time for boards like this and we were strategic in waiting until after the babies were born before we moved over. But.... this is also 10 years ago!

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm surprised it's been dead too! I feel like we will get more as we pass the 6 and 12 week milestones, it's still early and its a busy time of year for most. I think it feels weird for some to find out and not be ready to tell everyone but come on here. I'm the opposite, I came here first before I told anyone IRL. I bet by end of month we will see more action. My J16 BMB had hundreds of people I think? My core group from the board started around 40, and there's about 15 of us left who still talk every day. 

Agree on math, not my fave at all! Any my MBA program has so much math, I did not realize what I was signing up for. I thought I would never had to use calculus again? 

I'm so unbelievably tired today, I just want to take a nap and give up on working for the rest of the day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    I also can’t believe how dead it is. Both of my last BMB’s had a TON. My J18 group moved to FB after we had our babies. There are 60 of us and we still chat every day! We have Christmas gift exchanges, send each other Christmas cards, and even send care packages when one of us goes through something rough. 
    I’m waiting for more people to show up, but dang...I already expected more by now!
  • Options
    F19 moved to FB after the babies were born too. We did a private board first then migrated. We still talk all day every day! Those girls are my rocks in a lot of ways. So weird how internet friendships can grow that strong.
  • Options
    Same, private group, then facebook, now Slack. Also due the Xmas exchanges and in non-covid times many of us hang out IRL too! I wonder if Covid is negatively affecting birth rates or something?
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    Same, private group, then facebook, now Slack. Also due the Xmas exchanges and in non-covid times many of us hang out IRL too! I wonder if Covid is negatively affecting birth rates or something?
    The opposite actually! I just read that there is going to be a predicted boom.

Which is funny becausesa week before my bfp I told my bff that I was excited to make it out of 20202 not pregnant. Whoops.

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Gwyneddlesliegrace - Really? Because all the articles I’ve seen have said the opposite, the pandemic is actually leading to a decrease and 7 - 10% fewer births are expected next year. 
  • Options
    @dancingnarwhal Oh maybe I read it wrong! I swear I saw it on one of my apps today and cannot figure out which one it was.

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was suprised how inactive it was too. I will admit I haven't been super active. Its hard on my phone and I don't get on my lap top at home very often. 

My A16 mom group moved to facebook after the babies were born. We have about 47 women, and we are very active. Post daily and do Christmas/Birthday exchanges. Even had several meet ups prior to Covid-19. I am hoping to make a connection with you ladies as well!! 
    34 Mother of 4 year old and 2 Labs. Happily Married to my Hubs of 6 years.
  • Options
    @TCUFrog08 were you in any other bmbs? Your name is familiar. I was June 16 but wasn't too active.

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hello hello! Popping up before I head to bed. Also hoping we get some more action on this board but I was encouraged when I checked and there were new posts! I’m a lot busier at work than I was during my last pregnancy (where I basically spent alll day cruising the boards. 😬) However this is a great mental break for when I need a breather. I still talk to a core group of people from my first BMB everyday. I was the first of my IRL friends to have a baby and felt like I was on an island on my own during my pregnancy. Having other women to talk to that were going through the same thing was such an unexpected and appreciated source of support. I’d never been an online forum kind of girl before that. 
  • Options
    @TCUFrog08 I find it's easier in the mobile browser if you bookmark https://forums.thebump.com/categories/august-2021
  • Options
    Found this article saying that there was likely to be a huge birth decline https://www.brookings.edu/research/half-a-million-fewer-children-the-coming-covid-baby-bust/
  • Options
    I don't know if it is hormones or just my bad luck this week, but everyone is annoying the crap out of me today. It's like every PITA I've dealt with in my career crawled out of hole and needed something in the last two days. This always happens at the end of the year, but my tolerance for dealing with it is very thin.  :s

Also... my sister is going through a horrible divorce right now. I'm trying my best to support her and stay positive, but every time I talk to her my heart breaks in a million pieces and I just want to run over her ex with my car. 
  • Options
    Any ideas on how to liven up the board? :)
  • Options
    @Gwyneddlesliegrace I was only in August 2016. Maybe another Horn Frog? 

@surrenderdorothy. That is 100% me yesterday and today. I find myself getting so frustrated and annoyed with the littlest things. I got so mad at the guy at AT&T, that I had to walk out before becoming someone I hate.  Instead I focused that energy in going above and beyond for every patient that called me to complain yesterday. 

I'm so tired but dont want to go to bed, because I dont want to wake up and do it all again. arrgg!!! 
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy It should pick up in a few weeks. It’s still pretty early. 
  • Options
    @TCUFrog08 I want to go to bed at like 7, but I know if I do I'd wake up at like 3am for the day. As it is I'm already waking around 5:30 😫.
  • Options
    Is it too early in the group to talk Covid? I work in a school and we're in the second tier to be vaccinated. My understanding is that pregnant people haven't been included in any of the trials and that ACOG hasn't released official guidance. My school is starting to gather lists of who wants to be vaccinated (per the governor's request) and I don't know what to do. I've reached out to my OB, but everything I've read is that it should be our choice. I just want someone to tell me what to doooo. If I wasn't pregnant or actively TTC, I'd be in line with my sleeve pulled up, but it feels dangerous in the absence of trials on pregnant bodies. Anyone have any insight or talked to their OB already?
  • Options
    Is it too early in the group to talk Covid? I work in a school and we're in the second tier to be vaccinated. My understanding is that pregnant people haven't been included in any of the trials and that ACOG hasn't released official guidance. My school is starting to gather lists of who wants to be vaccinated (per the governor's request) and I don't know what to do. I've reached out to my OB, but everything I've read is that it should be our choice. I just want someone to tell me what to doooo. If I wasn't pregnant or actively TTC, I'd be in line with my sleeve pulled up, but it feels dangerous in the absence of trials on pregnant bodies. Anyone have any insight or talked to their OB already?
    I wouldn't touch it. It said to avoid unprotected sexual relations for men and woman for 28 days to avoid birth defects. This is a completely new type of vaccine and I'd prefer not to have my child at risk for such an unknown. 

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Gwyneddlesliegrace do you know which vaccine that was in reference to? I just find it odd that ACOG hasn't released specific guidance, particularly given that pregnant people are more likely to develop severe disease.
  • Options
    @BourbonBiscuits as soon as it is approved for pregnant women (or there isn't specific guidance against pregnant women getting it), I'll be in line. I haven't seen my parents or in-laws in a year. My husband will have it available to him earlier because he is in essential infrastructure. Additionally he tentatively signed up for one of the trials at our hospital but has not been contacted to participate yet. We'll see.

I also should add that I had Covid in March. Not sure if that will be part of the calculus for vaccination or not. 

• Options
    @surrenderdorothy I feel the same way. If my OB says to get it, I'll get it. We expect vaccines to be available to teachers pretty soon (right after healthcare workers and long-term care residents) so it's becoming a more pressing question than I thought it would be!
  • Options
    @BourbonBiscuits I had my annual check up today with my regular GP and she told me that I cannot get the vaccine.

• Options
    I'm planning on waiting until after baby comes. I assume that I wouldn't get it much before August anyway as a work from home youngish person. I am all for vaccines but I don't think there is enough data in this case. My wife will get it ASAP as a cancer survivor and when they're safe for kids DD will get it too. FYI @surrenderdorothy
    they are still recommending the vax for people who have had it.
  • Options
    @BourbonBiscuits the pfizer one. I believe they all say in the insert that they are not recommending for pregnant moms.

They is also concern on how it changes DNA ans placenta protein. There's concern it could lead to infertility. 

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Gwyneddlesliegrace Where are you getting the infertility information? I saw something about that but it wasn’t an actual published article. A vaccine being distributed to the entire world that could possibly cause infertility is a huge deal and I don’t think they would take a chance of that being a side effect. I honestly felt it was just more fear mongering. 
  • Options
    A vaccine being distributed to the entire world that could possibly cause infertility is a huge deal and I don’t think they would take a chance of that being a side effect. I honestly felt it was just more fear mongering. 
    Agreed. The misinformation train is already chugging along and it is terrifying. I understand the need to be cautious, but I am so nervous that even when the vaccine is available, a percentage of the population will not take it due to unsubstantiated "risk", which will undermine the entire purpose of the vaccine being distributed. 
  • Options
    I am 100% in favor of this vaccine, but in light of my (albeit brief) delve into available information for women who are pregnant, I will be waiting. I'm sure I'm at the tail end of willing volunteers who would be eligible to receive it anyway, but I do wish I could just have the damn thing. I miss my family (who live in CO, IL, and TX while I'm stuck up in NY).
  • Options
    TCUFrog08TCUFrog08 member
    edited December 2020
    I won’t get the vaccine. I truly feel there are more Higher risk individuals out there that deserve it more than I do.