Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
FTM/STM/STM+:
Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
Upcoming appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: If you could talk to yourself at 18 years old, what advice would you give yourself?

Re: Last Weekly Check-in before FB Migration (I think!) *** Week of 11/30

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 28/31 weeks 4 days
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: team green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Romaine lettuce
    Upcoming appointments: Thursday for a follow-up ultrasound and appointment with my OB
    How are you feeling?: not good. I can't get comfortable with my pelvic and tailbone pain. I've also been getting slight headaches and just feeling off for the past week or two. I'm getting tested for COVID twice a week for work, so I'm not worried about it being that.
    Rants/Raves: We put our Christmas tree up yesterday and are working on finishing our basement so all the kids toys can go there instead of our living room.
    Questions:
    GTKY: If you could talk to yourself at 18 years old, what advice would you give yourself? I would tell myself to consider a different career (I genuinely love what I do and working with the elderly population, it's just different than what I thought when I was that young). 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 33w2d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: 💙

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of
    a bottle of champagne! 🍾

Upcoming appointments: waiting for MW right now!

How are you feeling?: sad that you guys are moving to FB I guess I’ll post in randoms or something still just in case anyone visits 🥺

Rants/Raves: dads coming to visit this weekend! DH & I are so excited to gift him his first Glock! I think he may cry! ❤️

Questions:

GTKY: If you could talk to yourself at 18 years old, what advice would you give yourself?
    Hard one! There’s a lot I guess I could say but everything ended up just the way it should so “enjoy the journey”.
  • Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 31W5D
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A foam finger  :D 
    Upcoming appointments: OB tomorrow, US Wednesday.
    How are you feeling?: Good days and bad days.  Today's okay, but I spent my lunch hour laying on the couch staring into space.  Getting the beginnings of a cold sore so that's annoying, hoping my OB can recommend what to do to make it suck less, this is only the second one I've ever had and the first was in May.
    Rants/Raves:  Ordered some more baby stuff through sales over the weekend, we both have the week between C and NY off so that will be our big prep week I think.
    Questions:
    GTKY: If you could talk to yourself at 18 years old, what advice would you give yourself?  Sometimes I still think I am 18 years old... or 14
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 31+4
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue!
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an American football
    Upcoming appointments: Wednesday with the OB

How are you feeling?: ehh okay. lots of heartburn. no appetite 

Rants/Raves: positives: we got the crib set up and ordered a bunch of stuff this weekend / today that was on sale... things are feeling more real. Negatives: we cancelled our plans to celebrate Christmas with H's family in 2 weeks, I know its for the best but still a bummer. I had a biopsy of a spot on my shoulder and it came back today as basal cell so I'm having it removed on new years eve (peace out 2020!)

Questions: stay tuned for more information for our move to Facebook! 

GTKY: If you could talk to yourself at 18 years old, what advice would you give yourself? stop plucking your eyebrows!
    Me: 36 DH:41
    DD born 1/3/2019
    EDD for #2 1/28/2021
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @lacroixliz Ugh sorry about the basal cell! This year... :unamused: The eyebrow plucking...I think we're the same age and yeah that was a big issue for girls in the early 2000s! :joy:

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    1/8, 34+3
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: savoy cabbage
    Upcoming appointments: Thursday
    How are you feeling?: Mostly okay, achy pelvis, my usual sleeplessness.
    Rants/Raves: I want to upgrade our bed to a king size with one of those bed-in-a-box brands that you can buy online but I feel like we're probably going to decide we should hold off on a big purchase right before baby/maternity leave. I tried to talk H into cyber Monday deals last night (at 3am when we were both up b/c I can't sleep in our bed and it wakes him up) but I don't think he's having it. 
    Questions: So has anyone gotten moxibustion done for a breech baby? My doctor recommended it and it sounds kooky but she always seems to keep up with the latest research about things and apparently it's been shown to be effective a lot of the time. I'm planning to go on Thursday when I'll be almost 35 weeks, they're going to burn some herb near an acupuncture point on my toe I think and it's seriously supposed to make the baby turn to head-down. Would love to know if anyone has experience!
    GTKY: If you could talk to yourself at 18 years old, what advice would you give yourself? I would have told myself to demand way more respect from guys I dated and not to bend over backwards for any guy who showed any amount of interest in me, which is what I spent a lot of my 20s doing! Sadly I didn't listen to anyone who told me this at the time so I probably wouldn't have listened to older me either! 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 5; 34+6
    FTM/STM/STM+:  FTM
    Team: Green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:  Basketball hoop (switched to Ovia's other items mode cuz was done w fruit/veggies)
    How are you feeling?:  Pretty sure I have pregnancy rhinitis again. When I had this in first tri, I was reading that it can sometimes disappear in 2nd tri and come back with a vengeance in 3rd. Mine did indeed go away in 2nd tri. But these days, sleeping (even with a humidifier) is becoming more and more difficult with how congested I'm getting. Quite sure it's not a cold. I have absolutely no other symptoms and it feels like it did in 1st tri. Might have to try nasal strips again, though I had mixed results from those. At least I heard it should go away with birth. Just about a month to go...
    Rants/Raves:  I kind of let myself go the last couple weeks and have been indulging in ice cream every night. Could not believe the scale when it said I gained nearly 4 pounds in 1 1/2 weeks this morning. Might be water weight, but I was shocked, as it it much more rapid than it should be. I don't feel like cutting back on my ice cream cravings! If I go over my goal pregnancy weight gain, it should be fine, right? Ugh, hate the weight guilt. 
    GTKY:  I was pretty anxious about the future and always second guessing myself. So I'd say, stop stressing and just enjoy life; it will all work out and you'll have a full, rewarding experience. 

@whitealbum29 Hearing about moxibustion for the first time. It sounds odd, but I'd try it if my Dr. recommended! Let me know how it goes. I'm pretty sure my baby has turned head down from all the inversions I've been doing. Since Sat I've felt hiccups below my bellybutton. Appt Thurs should confirm if I'm right. If not, I might look into moxibustion myself!
    @lacroixliz Good on you /your derm for catching the skin cancer! Shouldn't be a problem when caught early enough. My skin has been changing so much in pregnancy, with many new spots--all alarming to me. I had a derm appt in August and was shocked when they said there was nothing they were worried about. Hope they didn't miss anything... And we also aren't planning on doing Xmas with fam. It's sad, but safer. 

• @lacroixliz sorry about the basal cell!

@whitealbum29 i’d vote to wait until after baby to get a new mattress, just in case your water breaks in bed or something! At least that’s my plan, haha

@lavenderclouds I’m already over my goal pregnancy weight by 15 pounds. It sucks :/ I find myself wishing the baby will come early so I can stop gaining weight and then I feel awful for thinking that. Pregnancy is hard. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/20/21 32w5d
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM+
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink!
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: spaghetti squash 
    Upcoming appointments: next Tuesday I think, I scheduled all my remaining appts but need to get them on my calendar 
    How are you feeling?: I’m okay, My sinus infection meds are working thankfully! I’ve been taking Benadryl again to sleep so that’s helpful too. 
    Rants/Raves: my 19 month old came down with a virus on thanksgiving and has been so miserable since then. We were so worried about his fever on thurs/fri, thankfully it’s been gone since then but he will pretty much only let us hold him during the day, anything else and it’s immediate end of the world meltdown. He slept a ton today though so hopefully will be feeling a bit better tomorrow. The dr doesn’t think it looks like covid thankfully, just some other random virus. 
    Questions:
    GTKY: If you could talk to yourself at 18 years old, what advice would you give yourself? To major in something I actually want to! I let my parents pressure me into a certain major and I don’t use my degree at all. 
  • @whitealbum29 I had moxibustion with my first who turned from head down to footling breech at 36 weeks. Moxibustion didn’t work for me BUT I would still recommend trying it as I have heard of many success stories. I also went to the chiropractor and tried some stuff from Spinning Babies. He never flipped but we had a lot stacked against us... It was so late in the pregnancy when he went feet down, it turned out I hardly had any amniotic fluid and he was huge! He was delivered via c section at 37.5 weeks weighing 8lb2oz! I truly hope you’re able to flip your bub if that’s how it’s meant to go! ❤️ I just wanted to say that after crying a million tears and grieving over the loss of having a vaginal birth I actually ended up loving my c section so much. Hopefully this brings some reassurance and not stress. 

@lavenderclouds Sorry to hear about the pregnancy rhinitis. 👎 Have you ever tried a Neti Pot? I’ve been pleasantly surprised with the relief it has brought me in the past. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 20, 2021/ 32w5d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Squash

Upcoming appointments: OB this Thursday 

How are you feeling?: Very very sore behind my c section scar. I think it’s just baby’s position that is causing the pain. 

Rants/Raves: We’ve been checking many projects off of our to do list over the past few weeks so we’re finally able to set up the baby’s room. Until now it’s been a waiting game for me as there was a domino effect going on between three rooms. Many things had to be moved around to free up the baby’s room. 

Questions: Not at the moment 

GTKY: If you could talk to yourself at 18 years old, what advice would you give yourself? Hmmm I would definitely educate myself about my mental health. It was a long road getting to where I am now. I would share the many tools I have acquired over the years and tell myself my favourite quote “don’t believe everything you think”. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    1/4 35+1

FTM/STM/STM+:
    STM+

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
    Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
    size of a toy poodle 🤷‍♀️ 

Upcoming appointments:
    Had an US, NST and OB visit today. 
    Baby looks good! He’s slowing down a little (or just different tech different day), measuring at 6lbs 8oz. Fluid levels are good again, NST was good. Had the “butt swab” so we will see what those results are, but never had a positive before. 1.5cm dilated no effacement, -3 station - so he’s not going anywhere anytime soon. Next appointment is Wednesday. 

How are you feeling?:
    Just all the normal stuff. Big, hard to breathe, hard to move, over it. 

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

pay off your student loans now before kids and house. They’re gone now but it would have been so much easier to focus and pay them off right out of college. 

BFP #1 November 28, 2013 E Born August 3, 2014
  • @lavenderclouds I gained 60lbs with my first, 65 with my second and 48 so far this time. I’m a size 2/4 pre pregnancy so pretty petite and short and I get huge. It all comes off. Usually 30 right away and then the rest within 9 months. I indulge more than usual while pregnant but nothing outrageous. I always gain more from water in the end too. You’re fine! 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/10, but c-section is scheduled for 1/4; 34w2d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Butternut squash

Upcoming appointments: Ultrasound Thursday

How are you feeling?: Tired and occasionally achy if I move in the slightest weird direction. For example, I sneezed while driving yesterday and felt like I pulled a muscle. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: I think my FB account has been hacked and I can't figure out how to get back in. I filled out the form on their website about getting back into hacked accounts and I haven't heard back yet. Right on time for the migration! Ugh.

Rave: My Target is finally doing Drive Up pickup for some grocery items! Gamechanger.

Questions:

GTKY: If you could talk to yourself at 18 years old, what advice would you give yourself? I cannot for the life of me think of anything now, but I like the answer @briemo had of "Enjoy the journey."
  • Just replying to things here while we wait for migration to be complete. 

@lavenderclouds Ugh sorry about the pregnancy rhinitis! Yeah the moxibustion sounds kind of unbelievable (and of course doesn't work for everyone) but I liked that my doctor is open to it since there's evidence behind it! I'm glad (and was kind of pleasantly surprised since it's this big kind of corporate-looking practice) that she's not closed off to whatever has been shown to work even if it's not western medicine. Hopefully your baby has already turned! Totally agree about weird skin things which I guess are common...I went to the derm a few weeks ago and was sure that a few new marks would be something worth at least keeping an eye on but they said they were normal!
    @aels12 Oh no sorry about your son, hopefully he's feeling better! Other random viruses should really take a seat this winter, of course your brain immediately goes to Covid panic! :( Glad the doctor doesn't think it's that.
    @oaktree6 Thank you!! <3 Yes that's helpful! I've definitely been thinking about how a c-section could be a possibility and thinking about how I would cope with that especially since this may be our only biological child. I'm reminding myself that the #1 most important thing is she gets here safely! I've definitely heard people can have nice experiences with them and since my hospital seems up on the latest ways to make childbirth as comfortable and family-centered as possible, I think/hope maybe they would be the same way about a c-section. 
    @happyfeet34 ooh you're dilated a bit, so exciting! (to me as a FTM anyway haha). I'm so curious to learn about any progress, even minor at later appointments. Ummm is the butt swab the Group B strep test? I was unaware that it was a butt swab!  :#
  • HappyFeet34HappyFeet34 member
    edited December 2020
    @whitealbum29 yes it is! They swab the vagina and usually just the outside of the anus, but some doctors go in a little. 😬  

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/28 so 31+6
    FTM/STM/STM+: #5
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an otter
    Upcoming appointments: Friday with OB
    How are you feeling?: Large. I don’t feel like I walk normally ever anymore, and by the end of the day my pelvis is especially painful. The skin on my belly felt so tight and stretched the other day it was incredibly painful, I had to lay down for a bit, I assume it was because I did too much, or he’s going through a growth spurt in there. 
    Rants/Raves: Excited for Christmas and the new year! I feel like with the holidays here, the end of pregnancy is really going to fly by, which is bittersweet. 
    Questions:
    GTKY: If you could talk to yourself at 18 years old, what advice would you give yourself? You can love people differently, some you keep close to you, and some you keep at arms lengths. Both are fine, it’s what’s best for you-not them. 
    1st BFP 6/7/10 premature delivery and loss at 22w2d on 10/4/10
    2nd BFP 10/10/11, EDD 6/2/12,natural m/c 10/13/11 at 6w5d
    3rd BFP 12/25/11, DD born 8/31/12
    4th BFP 1/3/14, DD born 9/5/14
    5th BFP 11/15, DS born 7/24/16
    6th BFP 7/14/16, EDD 3/20/18

• @HappyFeet34 eeeps well good that I'm prepared now! :joy:
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 32 + 0

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Cantaloupe
    Upcoming appointments: We had our last growth check on Monday, baby was right at the 46th and was 50th last time so no concerns so far which is good. We had a regular check-up yesterday.
    How are you feeling?: Still pretty good. I can definitely tell I need a chiro adjustment today though.
    Rants/Raves: 2020 has just been rough all around and I'm just finding myself wishing away the rest of the year. We have all of our Christmas stuff in storage and we're such big holiday people so the season just feels weird all together. My grandma ended up passing away on Thanksgiving day. I've been trying to spend as much time as I could with her lately but it sucks because I've been purposely not visiting my grandparents much at all this year with Covid. I feel like I tried to do what I could in the past month or two once I knew her health was severely declining but it doesn't feel like enough.
    Questions:
    GTKY: If you could talk to yourself at 18 years old, what advice would you give yourself? Throw all of your preconceived timelines out the window. You will not be married and have kids by 25 lol (well, got the marriage part!). But you'll have so much fun once you let go of what you think you should be doing.
  • @msjaay I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma :( 
    Me: 36 DH:41
    DD born 1/3/2019
    EDD for #2 1/28/2021
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @msjaay I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • @msjaay so sorry for your loss 💔
  • @msjaay I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! 
  • @msjaay I'm sorry to hear about your loss  :'(