May 2021 Moms

Symptoms Thread 11/21

How far along are you?

How are you feeling this week?

Re: Symptoms Thread 11/21

• 17 weeks! 

My boobs feel like my milk came in, they hurt so bad and are so hard. They’ve been sore the whole time, but recently reached a new level. 
    Also, I have officially started struggling to stay asleep. And I can’t sleep in. 
    If I don’t have a full stomach when I go to bed, then I wake up around 2am starving. I have to eat or I just toss and turn while my stomach grumbles. I’ve been trying to stick with yogurt so I can just brush my teeth quickly and go back to bed. (I get cavities easily)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• 15+4! 

feeling mostly good! Main complaint is waking up sore from my pregnancy pillow prison of sleeping on just one side. It’s a combo of that plus constipation pains and I need like 30 minutes every morning for all my abdominal muscles and lower back muscles to loosen up. 

I also can’t sleep through the night @yellingbanana and I was so ready to get up for something to eat, but I was too lazy and just lie in my misery haha
  • Loading the player...
  • I vomited twice today. I hope this doesn’t become a trend and last pregnancy my nausea really ramped up at the end of first tri and lasted the entire time. And tomorrow I reach 2nd tri 

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• @mkc3888 noooooooooo!!!!!! 

• @yellingbanana I keep a baggy of plain Cheerios next to my bed because I will wake up starving and I don’t want to get up 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • 16+1. Still nauseous.
  • @gusgus14 Nooooooo.  You need a reprieve! 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @texas_t tell me about it! I think maybe it's getting a little better? But I still don't really have any stretches where the nausea is gone completely and I'm still taking zofran, b6+unisom, and sucking peppermints all freaking day. 
  • @gusgus14 I hope you feel better soon.  Nausea is for the birds.  

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• @gusgus14 That is just terrible. I really hope it gets better as we work our way into 2nd tri. 

• 15+3

Feeling good, so I'm very suspicious of whether this is real & normal. 😂Even my appetite feels back to pre-pregnancy - I thought it was supposed to increase in second tri? Other than being tired by 9pm, not a whole lot else going on.

Except one thing - the constipation train arrived on Saturday. Does / has anyone had brown discharge related to their BMs? I was concerned to see brown spotting last night but then thought the two might be related. It's a little lighter today, so I'm hopeful that's all it was. I added some prune puree to my diet yesterday and it seems to have worked today. Have beets and asparagus on hand, and adding some prune juice to the thanksgiving grocery delivery tomorrow.
  • @ec1212 I've read it was quite normal. I had it earlier in the 1st trimester, but I was spotting at other times too though.

Personally, I really try not to strain at all (I'm super paranoid with my cerclage and potential incompetent cervix) and I put my feet up on something (like the pack of toilet paper rolls 😅), but sometimes I end up sitting there a reallll long time, but it eventually makes it way.. ! I don't think I can say I'm constipated, but I have a BM every 2nd day now when I used to go every week and it takes a lot more "effort", so my transit has definitely slowed down.
  • Anyone else have a sore stomach? I swear I can feel my skin stretching already. 
  • ec1212ec1212 member
    edited November 2020
    @gusgus14 my skin has started getting a little itchy. Just been loading on the belly oil and lotions. No muscle or ligament soreness yet, really. I'm afraid of RLP so I just get up very slowly all the time :)
  • Luckily I'm fat, so no stretching yet! lolol
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• yellingbananayellingbanana member
    edited November 2020
    @gusgus14 yah my stomach did all
    the stretching with my 1st and 2nd. But my 1st was my biggest baby and I had pre-e. This 4th baby has all the room it needs 😑. But it is the last, so I am looking forward to getting in shape and then actually staying in shape. Instead of having a baby every 5 years! Lol 
    pro-tip: make sure to moisturize your back, hips, butt, and thighs as that is where your skin is pulling from! 

• @texas_t I am too and I don't think my skin is actually stretching (I'm basically the same size I was when I gave birth to my first; never lost the 50lbs I gained with her) it's just the closest description I can think of. It's mostly just sore and feels like maybe I already need more belly support. I'm assuming I'll end up much bigger this time since I started much bigger and there's an extra baby in there but I'm hoping most of that doesn't happen until 3rd tri like with my first!

@yellingbanana honestly I didn't keep up with moisturizing last time and I probably won't this time either lol
  • @gusgus14 Ohhh, like pulling, I see. Yeah, I can definitely see that!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @gusgus14 you might want to try Blanqi maternity support, I got the under-the boobs one with my 2nd because I had a herniated belly button from her. Then I used it with my 3rd, it feels like it helps a lot with that heaviness. My kids are all around 9lbs. I can’t imagine how that will be for you with your two babies, but I’m sure it will be heavy feeling! 

• @yellingbanana I'll look into that. Thank you!
  • These dreams, though.  A year or so ago, some a**hole backed into our metal mailbox in the middle of the night and drove away and we had to replace it because we had no idea who it was. (We don't have the best neighbors across the street, so I'm assuming it was one of them or someone visiting them.)  Well, I dreamed last night that we moved our mailbox to, like, the middle of our front yard and someone hit it AGAIN! I was furious and losing my mind. Like flailing my arms and screaming  :D
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @texas_t Ooooo, I hope you got 'em good and if not, I hope you can have the dream one more time so you can wallop them. LOL!

@gusgus14 Blanqi will def be having a black friday sale if you decide to get one!! I got a pair of their maternity support leggings when I got my first batch of maternity clothes and they do feel good around my belly.
  • @ec1212 did you have any trouble with the crotch seams on your Blanqi leggings? Two of mine busted when I was doing yoga and they replaced them. But I still don’t trust the crotch seams on my new ones! 
  • @ckmb_1250 I haven't but I don't use them for yoga ... I prefer the really soft Lululemon-type material for yoga pants. I also feel like I might get too hot in them working out? I wear the Blanqis under sweaters/tops for my "work day" or running errands out of the house. So nice that they replaced them no problem ... love that!
  • My emotional symptoms this week summed up: I just had an epic meltdown about not having lunch options...I was all ready to finally have my one serving of tuna and turns out we didn’t have it. DH was then on the phone and not helping me and giving me terrible ideas of what I could have instead. Turns out we just bought all the ingredients for thanksgiving but not for any meals leading up to it. Everything we have is carb city, which is great except my stomach is already not doing well so I can’t just have carbs! Anyways I sobbed for like 10 minutes about how each thing I actually wanted to eat wasn’t a possibility. Part of it is that I’ve been a pescatarian since December 2019 and what my body really wants right now is some chicken—the realization made me even more upset.  So I’m going to give into that. Obviously, DH is on his way to the store. It’s so embarrassing to act like this!!!!!! 
  • I feel like I have to pee more often as the day goes...any body else? I will mention it to my doctor tomorrow as I'm a bit paranoid with UTIs but I have no other symptoms. And when I go pee, it's a regular pee, not drops. It could also be that I just drink more water as the day goes too 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️
  • @mimser it’s the same for me. that’s why I went in yesterday but it ended up not being a UTI. I feel like a have to pee like less than 5 minutes after I pee! But I also drink lots of water throughout the day so I guess it’s normal, just not comfortable! 
  • @mimser I say it falls in normal! 

I read the other day that I might start having crazy vivid dreams. That night, and every night since, I have been having crazy vivid dreams! I’m wondering if it is because of the suggestion though, and my brain just went ‘ok, one order of crazy dreams coming up!’.