February 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 11/16

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/16

• Options
    Am I the only one who is doing all the nesting??
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick my nesting has turnedy house into a full blown north pole of Christmas decorations.
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @tamalahoops same! I’m trying really hard to be rational about it because I don’t want to be taking decorations down with a newborn but I love Christmas so much. 🤣
  • Options
    Not at all - I am in full on deep cleaning and organizing mode. Since it's our first nothing is where it's going to be so everything is a mess rn
  • Options
    Mine is hit and miss. We are converting the kids playroom/my craft corner to the nursery. So a couple weeks back, we purged through the toys and my craft stuff. Then a week later I started picking up a few more things from the room and got the dresser set up. I went out and bought primer to clear the room of that awful lime green ceiling and the two pink walls to start tomorrow. I just have to move my cricut machine and a telescope. Then just cover the dresser, glider and desk with trash bags and lay down the plastic to cover the carpet. I haven't gone full cleaning crazy (yet) but I know it's coming soon enough. 
  • Options
    I’ve been in work-nesting mode for 3 weeks. My office is so clean and organized I barely recognize it, lol. 

Home nesting just really started hardcore for me within the past week. Unfortunately between my attention span, ability to stand/sit/bend for any length of time and the limitation of my washing machine & dishwasher have turned most of the house into half-organized chaos, lol. I guess I did finish. 2 bedrooms and a closet today in addition to some routine cleaning & laundry, so I can’t scoff too much at my progress. The rest will come. 

I’m feeling stuck in terms of baby nesting at the moment, and accounting for quarantine after Thanksgiving we’ll have to wait at least another 2.5 weeks to pick up the bassinet (family item), which is what I *really* need before deciding placement on some other large pieces, like the rocker. I did pull a Marie Kondo on my baby clothes stash this morning, though, so its nice and organized for the time being. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    stacemomstacemom member
    edited November 2020
    thanks, @hannahbananas11, actually sharing is caring. That is so good with you.

• Options
    @hannahbananas11 🤣 panic cleaning is totally my go to. Since both kids are home this week with daycare closed I'm waiting until the last minute to clean for Thanksgiving guests

This poor baby, not much nesting happening here. DH is going to build a bunk bed for the girls once we get our lumber back (going to be made out of a tree my parents had to take down!). So once they are in the same room we can work on officially setting up a nursery. We keep baby in our room the first few months anyways so it won't be a big deal. I think we've decided on penguins for this baby decor theme though! 🐧
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 We've been panic cleaning for SD to come for her birthday tomorrow since...yesterday. We procrastinated on that particular task, and now DH is bummed we don't have a few extra days to get everything perfect, lol. Oh well ;) it's better than it was!
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017