May 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Appointments 11/23

Use this thread to discuss upcoming appointments this week! Questions? News? Tests? Are you find out gender this week? Tell us about it! 

Re: Weekly Appointments 11/23

• Options
    Tomorrow afternoon! Check up with MFM and early a/s. I think they are also going to measure my cervix since early labor is a concern with multiples. Really wishing I had tried to get a morning appointment though. Getting through the first half of work tomorrow is going to be a struggle!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mimser good luck tomorrow!! I hope everything goes well!
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    @mimser let us know how your appointment goes this morning

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    Haha @gusgus14 I'm jealous of your vaginal scan 😅 My cervix was long too, but I just feel like it's less official since it was abdominal 🤷‍♀️😂 I'm glad all looked good though 😊
  • Options
    @ccmrc143 I tagged you in the high risk thread, but why did the doctor thought the placenta would not move?
  • Options
    @mimser I don’t know why for sure! But I asked and he said it’s unlikely. When I googled at home, I realized maybe it’s because apparently the placenta is less likely to move when the diagnosis is complete previa, and mine is. They were able to measure my cervix but couldn’t actually see it all because the placenta was just all the way over it. But it sounds like you had the same thing at 12w and it moved so I’m keeping my hopes up. 
  • Options
    Completely forgot to mention yesterday that we found out Baby B has a marginal cord insertion. MFM isn’t concerned at this point but it could cause growth issues later on. I’m not worried about it as of right now.
  • Options
    @mkc3888 I'm glad to hear both appointments were good.and that you are happy with the decision to change your OB. I also asked about the COVID vaccine and was told the same thing. She said it was approved in europe for pregnant women but not breastfeeding moms which we both found a bit odd but who knows. I was curious what the ruling will be because since I work in a hospital, I will likely be offered the vaccine within the next couple of weeks. She did say tho that she would encourage anyone around me to get it for herd immunity at least with my close family and friends.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    mkc3888mkc3888 member
    edited December 2020
    @spartan4life I expect to be offered it too. I work for a hospital system, but not in the main hospital, so who knows if I’ll get offered it, but it’s a possibility. I asked about it at my mfm appointment and she said they didn’t have a recommendation from ACOG at this time but most people are going based on how they feel. I think it’s really weird that Europe approved for pregnancy but not breastfeeding. 

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    @mkc3888 @spartan4life maybe the vaccine transfers more directly from your blood to baby through breastmilk? I’ve seen differing things too & was curious if pregnant women would be offered it. 
  • Options
    @mkc3888 FWIW, I have a friend who had a successful VBAC after getting induced this summer, hers was at 41 weeks.

Where I live I probably won't be offered the COVID vaccine until baby is here, so I'm not  thinking about this too much. Afterwards, I'll have to ask my doctor and do some reading. Honestly I'm not super excited about it but we'll see then. I probably have at least until summer to think about all this