Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
FTM/STM/STM+:
Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
Upcoming appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: What's the last thing you listened to? Song/album/podcast/radio show/TV in the background?

Re: Weekly Check-in *** Week of 11/16

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 30w3d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: 💙

a bunch of asparagus?

Upcoming appointments: MW today and growth scan next Wednesday!

How are you feeling?: alright I guess, having some random bouts of nausea and random BH 🙃

Rants/Raves: rant- was talking to MIL yesterday, her and DH step dad are coming out for Christmas and she’s like “oh if baby comes early we’ll be there!!” this is literally my nightmare. I’m not sure if I even want MY mom out here (leaning towards yes) but to have 2 more people and my dogs. SFIL will be zero help and now it’s all I can think about 🙃😅 like please don’t put that out there in the universe and I’d be like 3ish weeks early!

Questions: what kind of bear is best?!
    (I did have a ? Last night and of course I can’t remember rn..I’ll put it in the randoms if I do)

GTKY: What's the last thing you listened to?
    Song/album/podcast/radio show/TV in the background? Definitely a podcast I think either “second date update” with Brooke and Jeffrey or “my favorite murder”

@savykay can we just keep using this board? Will they shut it down??
  • @savykay congrats and get ready for PIE! I'd LOVE to move to Facebook and I'd be a lot more active on there. I'm still very active in my Jan 19 bump group on Facebook. I think a little group makes things a lot easier if people are comfortable with it. I still think some security check or confirmation is important for moving over though... last time I think we took a picture of ourselves with a sheet of paper and the date and our bump name and facebook name on it?

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 29+5 edd 1/28, c-section scheduled 1/21
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: blue!
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: baby's hand is the size of a golf ball today
    Upcoming appointments: tomorrow and then every other week until 36 weeks
    How are you feeling?: lots of anxiety about holiday plans and covid. I feel like you can't please everyone and I'm concerned it is going to cause some family and or marital rifts. We're supposed to be driving to my parents' next week and as of right now it is still up in the air. Pregnancy wise, zero appetite and heartburn but I'm sleeping great so I can't complain. Sleep makes everything manageable. 
    Rants/Raves: I got a never used bassinet for our uppababy cruz off of Marketplace over the weekend after having a bit of a panic attack that baby & I won't be able to go ANYWHERE over my maternity leave and neighborhood walks are my only option to get out of the house. I used the carseat for walks with DD when she was itty bitty but this seems easier to bundle them up in. Plus it looks fancy. priorities :) There is a very good condition looking double bob on Marketplace today so fingers crossed it is still available. I have champagne taste and a beer budget for strollers.

Questions: anyone have any skin issues and a derm used liquid nitrogen during pregnancy? I have 2 actinic keratoses on my face that popped up recently and my previous ones my derm has just frozen off. I have an appt with her on Thursday and I really hope she doesn't want me to wait until after baby. 

GTKY: What's the last thing you listened to? Song/album/podcast/radio show/TV in the background? Loving Chris Stapleton's new album!
    Me: 36 DH:41
    DD born 1/3/2019
    EDD for #2 1/28/2021
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  Jan 5; 33w
    FTM/STM/STM+:  FTM
    Team: Green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:  Agreed with @savykay, these veggie sizes are meaningless. So I just looked up a millennial's guide to baby sizes. This week baby is the size of a chihuahua. Now that's better. Although terrifying. 
    Upcoming appointments:  Thurs checkup and apparently growth u/s. Didn't expect another u/s, but was told there would be one.
    How are you feeling?:  Baby brain. Just distracted and forgetful these days. Have to work extra hard to write things down, set reminders, or ask DH to help me remember things. 
    Rants/Raves:  Starting to feel a bit saddened by the fact that I'll never have the experience of an in-person baby shower. I never really thought I'd be excited for one, and now that my virtual shower is drawing near, I'm dreading it. I've been thinking back to the in-person showers I've been to in the past. Virtual is not the same. And this will certainly be the only one I'll have, even if we have another baby. Thus is life. 
    GTKY:  I woke up with Genesis's "Invisible Touch" in my head, so I had to listen to it. Super random. I don't really listen to this style a lot, so must have heard the song recently and it got into my subconscious. Either that or it's my subconscious's cheeky way to say that baby is moving inside of me. 

@savykay Yay that you passed your GD test! 
    @briemo Kind of agree w you on staying here. This may be an UO, but I'm not into FB groups and wouldn't migrate. That being said, not sure I'd post a birth announcement anywhere. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    33+1 1/4

FTM/STM/STM+:
    STM+

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
    Blue

mine is huge

Upcoming appointments:
    had one this morning. Baby is measuring 97% and is 5lbs 13oz if the ultrasound is right. He’s been measuring big all along and my brother was 10lbs, me and my sisters were 8lbs like my girls so...I’m carrying a giant apparently. 

How are you feeling?:
    fine. Huge. Done. 🤷‍♀️ 

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What's the last thing you listened to? Song/album/podcast/radio show/TV in the background?
    I honestly don’t even remember 😬 

BFP #1 November 28, 2013 E Born August 3, 2014
  • @savykay Yay for no GD!!! Great news! It definitely sounds like you're getting plenty of active time just from daily life! I'm starting a thread to discuss moving from the public forum! So everyone can weigh in in the same place.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/8, 32+4
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: pomelo
    Upcoming appointments: Thursday
    How are you feeling?: Okay physically, mostly dealing with worsening Covid anxiety...just feeling like it's going to get worse over the next few weeks and not knowing exactly how things will look when I give birth/assuming things will look bad, is taking a toll. 
    Rants/Raves: Rave - I think I've felt/seen a baby foot poking my belly a couple of times the past few days which was cute...I haven't been able to identify body parts till now. And not really a rant especially considering my above answer! but I found out H can't come to the ultrasound on Thursday...he was just allowed to come to the early viability one and the anatomy scan. Totally understandable and not complaining about the policy, we just thought he could come to all u/s and we'd both see her.
    Questions: nope
    GTKY: What's the last thing you listened to? Song/album/podcast/radio show/TV in the background? I think it was Spotify's "relaxing massage" playlist last night when I was getting ready for bed. 
  • @HappyFeet34 omg!! DD was 5lbs 3oz born at 39+5. Granted she was measuring super small and this was less than 1st percentile but still! You have a full grown baby in there!
    Me: 36 DH:41
    DD born 1/3/2019
    EDD for #2 1/28/2021
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @lacroixliz I know right. 😩 I’m carrying a giant. What’s ironic is that I’m only 5’4 and was 8.5lbs at birth. My husband is 6’3 and was 6lbs. Both full term. I guess my genes continue to be stronger haha. Both my girls were good size. My oldest was 8.5 at 39 weeks. 

BFP #1 November 28, 2013 E Born August 3, 2014
  • My OB office stopped letting SOs in this past Thursday 😩 they just briefly started letting us have one person come with & DH had requested off for next Wednesday’s scan guess that’s not happening with our numbers going up! 
    My MW also suggested today that we cancel my in-laws coming for Xmas but I know that’s not going to happen unless the airlines shut down 
    she was however on board w my mom coming out to help after birth w strict quarantine and covid test 72 hours in advance of travel 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 20, 2021/ 30w6d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A Zucchini

Upcoming appointments: Nov 26- US and OB

How are you feeling?: I’m feeling better this week than I have in a while. I can FINALLY say I’m having way less pain in my pelvis. The chiropractor appointments are finally paying off. I was close to calling it quits on them. Dragging my butt there 3x/ week and still being in so much pain wasn’t doing it for me. Glad I stayed the course. 

Rants/Raves: I’ve been seeing my therapist again and it’s been helping me figure out some additional tools for my toolbox. I usually dread when I see our appointment is coming in the evening but then afterwards I’m so happy I took that time for myself. Every chapter of life brings new challenges and it’s easy for me to overlook my need for a tune up. Can I just say how proud I am of all of us?! Pregnancy is hard... changing hormones/ emotions are hard... living through a global pandemic is hard... put it all together and we’re pretty much super heroes ladies! Go us! 💪 

Questions: Has anyone heard of or tried Silverettes? They’re silver cups to place on your nipples between feeds to help heal/ soothe them. I stumbled across them somewhere online and it was something I had never seen in my life. Wondering if anyone had any personal experience with them...? They’re $$$ so I’ll probably stick to cream but they definitely sparked my curiosity. 

GTKY: What's the last thing you listened to? Song/album/podcast/radio show/TV in the background? Taylor Swift- folklore 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/3 33+3
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM+
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: I can't remember. But todays appointment estimated 5lb 9 oz
    Upcoming appointments: starting weekly appointments next week. Then biweekly appointments after Thanksgiving 
    How are you feeling?: HUGE. 
    Rants/Raves: Excited to have our induce date set. Was really surprised to see LO is still breech, because her kicks feel otherwise. 
    Questions: Am I the only one wondering how birthdays will go so close to Christmas? 
    GTKY: What's the last thing you listened to? Song/album/podcast/radio show/TV in the background
    Currently have Netflix on for the kids. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/10; 32w3d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Squash

Upcoming appointments: Ultrasound Monday

How are you feeling?: I've been having trouble sleeping (heartburn and hormones, I guess), but for the most part, pretty good for the third trimester. Also slightly overwhelmed with the "before baby comes" to-do list. Trying to prioritize what I can.

Rants/Raves: Had a growth scan today and she's in the 33rd percentile, which according to my doctor is average! Also head down, not breech. My doctor says I shouldn't go past 39 weeks, so if she doesn't come on her own before 1/3, then I'll need a c-section. Now I need to decide if I want a VBAC or schedule a c-section.

Questions: 

GTKY: What's the last thing you listened to? Song/album/podcast/radio show/TV in the background? Watching Last Week Tonight.

@savykay HOORAY for not having GD!

@oaktree6 I love that outlook of us being superheroes - it's a lot to be pregnant during this time!

@whitealbum29 I hear you about the COVID anxiety; I've been debating giving birth alone in the hospital while my husband watches my toddler because she's in daycare, so there's a risk there having someone else watch her. I'm not even sure who else would watch her, because you never really know what people mean when they say they're isolating. I know it sounds crazy, but I don't want to risk any exposure to anyone.

• @supersara2 Ugh I hope you don't have to go that route! I think my parents think I'm over the top b/c I'm expecting them to quarantine after they arrive here when they move in a couple weeks. My mom is like "we're getting tested like we're supposed to so we don't have to." Which, according to the state rules, true. But a test is only a snapshot of the time you got the test so I think extra caution is warranted?! Even if it just makes me, the pregnant lady, feel better. I hope you can find someone to watch her who's really trustworthy!
  • @oaktree6 same on the prenatal chiro! The adjustments aren't as 'rough' as I'm used to but they've really paid off even when I didn't expect them to at first. She said she has a lot of luck with baby positioning issues in the 3rd trimester if it's a patient she's been continuously seeing so I used that as my carrot to keep going  :D I also heard about the little silver cups for breastfeeding! I have some in my saved for later on Amazon but I haven't purchased them yet.

@whitealbum29 totally feel you on the Covid anxiety and that stinks about your appt :( Some policies are starting to change over here too at sister hospitals but not ours just yet. I totally get and understand it but it's really hard to not know what to expect. They just said doulas couldn't come at our sister hospital so ours may get the boot at the last minute. We're also asking people to quarantine that want to visit baby. I'm not sure what to do about my parents since they both still work. I may see if they're willing to get tested and then just obviously wear a mask? I'm not sure just yet. My ILs will be able (and willing) to quarantine for a visit.
  • msjaaymsjaay member
    edited November 2020
    I'm late but I'll still do last week's check-in!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 30 + 0

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: I agree with these not making sense at all. I'm liking the animals on Ovia and we're at a platypus right now lol
    Upcoming appointments: Next week we'll have a regular OB appt and our next growth check. Baby was right at 50th percentile last time so we're not seeing any growth issues from the cord just yet. Fingers crossed that sticks.
    How are you feeling?: Physically I feel good but mentally, woof. This year has just been a lot and I feel like it's all hitting me at once. We're ecstatic about the baby and I'm so glad we have that little light in the middle of everything else. Our dog (our first baby) was diagnosed with cancer right at the beginning of the year and we're still going through chemo with him. My grandma unexpectedly just got put on hospice. You guys know our house situation where we sold and can't find another one so we're just in a small apartment with some of our stuff and no nursery of any kind. Then there's the whole pandemic thing. I just try to focus on the excitement of the baby and that we're all in good health and safe and just ignore the other chaos.
    Rants/Raves: Baby names are waaay harder than I thought they would be. I think we're good on a boy name but we're lost on a girl. Hopefully we figure that out soon :# 
    Questions:
    GTKY: What's the last thing you listened to? Song/album/podcast/radio show/TV in the background? Big Fat Positive podcast
  • @whitealbum29 I don't think I'll have to be alone! My sister offered to either be my support person or the one to watch our kid. My husband and I talked about it, and decided it'd be best if he stays home with her and my sister is my support person at the hospital. That way she's not exposed to my daughter's daycare bubble; also she'd have to get tested anyway and wear a mask, and I doubt she'll be close to my face. Luckily she thought the same exact thing, so that made me feel less bad about it. Also it's looking increasingly likely I'll be getting another c-section. And you're so right about tests - plus there's false negatives, false positives, when you get tested vs when you may have been exposed. I don't think you're being over the top at all. You really never know.

@msjaay I'm so sorry to hear about your dog and grandma. :(