Infertility

NOV FET 2020

Re: NOV FET 2020

• Well, I am officially in HPT hell. I decided to test on a whim last night at 4dp5dt and got a BFN, no trace of anything. It was a clear blue plus brand which says it can detect as low as 25 hcg. I realize that it was not first morning urine and is still early but it was very discouraging. I have definitely heard of women getting at least faint lines by this point. Has anyone had experience with negatives at this point turning to positives? 
  • @emilynoel810 4dp is super early. I wouldn’t test earlier than 5dp which is early too. So don’t worry 😉 even if your embie has attached HCG most likely be below 25. So just wait another day or two and then test.
  • Loading the player...
  • @kam174 Congrats on your 6 embies!!! You must be so excited. Did you make a decision about drinking yet? I cut off alcohol before the retrieval and it ended being the reason that I had to tell a few people prematurely. And now post ER I'm thinking a drink is necessary for sanity just like you said lol.

You mentioned that you're not PGS testing. It's not available for me in Japan and I'm coming to terms with it. It's the norm most places but it's definitely not something we would have available if we had gotten pregnant conventionally. Do you mind me asking how much it costs locally where you are? 

@JWatt5 You are very blessed to have such a supportive workplace. Just having them know what's going on will be such a relief for you. Congrats on the promotion!!

• @qtpie8711 thank you! Very excited and nervous. I did end up having a drink over the weekend, but I will say that with all the meds I’m on it mostly made me feel nauseous and I didn’t finish it, so I don’t think it was worth it 😕 They told us a while ago what the cost would be so if I’m remembering correctly, I think it was around $4,000 here in New York, and not something insurance covers at all. Do you have a transfer date yet? 
  • @emilynoel810 I haven't been through an FET yet, but from what I've heard it sounds as if you are testing a bit early. I don't think that I would be able to resist either. Give your body a chance. Everyone probably reacts at different times and different ways. Try not to be discouraged.
  • Thank you everyone. I do feel a little better.  Last night I got really bad cramps like AF was coming but no spotting/bleeding so far.  Is 5dp5dt late for implantation cramps? I have a little bit of hope that thats what it was and that maybe my little embaby is just taking its sweet time :)
  • I got the green light for transfer next Monday!! My lining is trilaminar and 11.1!! So excited. 

@emilynoel810 - my friend who shared our donor eggs with me, had her transfer just over a week ago and she tested at 5dp and got a negative, then tested again at 8dp and got a line!! It  has gotten darker and her first Beta at 10dpt was 96!! So don't loose hope! Her embaby was a hatching 5BA PGS tested embryo.
    Me: 45yo, DH: 47yo
    3 Daughters (singleton @27yo, ID  Di/Di Twins @34yo)
    Protein S Deficiency (Blood Clotting Disorder), MTHFR & VIT D issue 
    5 MC's:  Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks;  Natural MC @ 7wks; Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks; MC boy-D&C @ 9wks & Chem PG in 2019
    Tubes were tied after my Twins (and now I am old). Remarried and want to give my DH a baby!

IVF#1 OE June 2019 - ER 6/15/19, 24R, 21M, 20F, 7 6DBlasts Frozen for PGS Testing,
    RESULTS of PGS 4 abnormal girls,  2 abnormal boys, 1 indeterminate girl
    FET#1 OE August 23, 2019 (transferring 1 indeterminate girl & 1 abnormal boy) - BFN
    IVF#2 November 15, 2019 - ER 9R, 9M, 6F, 2 5dBlasts (fresh transfer) and 1 6DBlast frozen for PGS Testing,
    FRESH Transfer: November 20, 2019, 2 5-day blasts transferred!! 
    BFP 8dp5dt on 11/27 - 12/2 on FRER, BETA #1 12/2 - 11.93. BETA #2 12/4: 4.41 ~CHEMICAL PG
    ******************Starting Donor Process
    June 2020: Egg Donor Cycle and Fresh Transfer of 1 embryo in Czech Republic - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID19
    October 2020.  Split Cycle at UFC with a friend (Andrea) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague too  
    DE Retrieval 9/26/2020, 26R, 24M, 12 split Cycle, 9 Fertilized + 1 "questionable", PRAYING FOR AT LEAST 5 BLASTS
    10/1/2020: 4 5DBlasts (AA, BB, BC, BC), 10/2/2020: 3 6DBlasts (BB, BB, BC) FOR A TOTAL OF: 7 BLASTS!! THANK YOU GOD!!
    PGS RESULTS: 5 NORMALS! DAY 5: AA BOY, BB GIRL, BC BOY / DAY 6: BB GIRL, BC GIRL
    DE FET October 29, 2020 - CANCELED DUE TO FLUID IN LINING
    DE FET November 16th, 2020 (transferring an PGS normal Hatching AA Boy)
  • Thank you @LadyP0tter that makes me feel a lot better! My BETA is Monday so it will be a big day for both of us. Wishing you all the best!
  • msldyc23msldyc23 member
    edited November 2020
    @ladyp0tter that’s great news and a good lining. 

@kam174 congrats on your embryos & well wishes w/ your transfer. I told my husband I need to be on bed rest also after my transfer just so I can relax and be pampered

@emilynoel810 be encouraged, from what I read you perhaps tested early. Well wishes on your Beta

@qtpie8711 hope your feeling much better- your transfer should go much smoother. I read it’s not painful. 

AFM

Im scheduled for a hysteroscopy today. Then a video follow up in 2 weeks which is weird b/c I would think they would want to re-exam me.

37F, DH36
    Low AMH, Mild Adenomyosis, Breast Cancer Survivor
    IVF#1 10/24/18 ER 15R, 10M, 7F, 2 BLAST, 1 D5: BB boy (PGT)
    FET#1 12/08/20 cancelled due to lining

FET#2 February 2021 BFN

IVF#2-4 2021 Antagonist Protocol cancelled, poor responder and high estrogen 

IVF#5 December 2021 Micro Dose Lupron Protocol, 7ER, 2M, 2F, 2BLAST, 2PGT, abnormal

IVF#6 January 2022 Micro Dose Lupron Protocol, cancelled, poor responder

• @LadyPotter great lining and good luck!!!
    @emilynoel810 I've both tested early and waited until the day of beta...neither option prevents any less anxiety...don't give up yet tho...you're still early!

AFM - Today, I finally got the green light for transfer on 11/18. After 4 lining checks and 3 FETs postponed, my lining is at 8.1mm and will hopefully continue to get a little thicker by next week.
    Not sure why I've had such a hard time getting my lining to 8mm. My protocol changed a little and I've been on estrogen patches instead of pills. I don't think they've worked as well for me, clearly.  
    Me: 36     DH: 37
    TTC #1 since 2017
    Dx: MFI + Mild PCOS (AMH 6.9)

IVF Journey:
    ER #1: 6/18/19; 15R/11M/9F/6 FROZEN 👶🏼 un-tested
    FET 1: 8/01/19, Beta 8/14 = 9...Chemical pregnancy (transferred 2)
    FET 2: 12/19/19...Negative Beta 12/30 (transferred 1)

Changed Clinics
    FET 3: 3/9/20, Beta #1, 37, Beta #2, 26, Beta #3 51 - Chemical pregnancy (transferred 2)

ER #2: 6/2/2020; 31R/26M/18F/13 sent for PGS Testing
    6 PGS Normal Embryos - 3 girls👶🏼 + 3 boys👶🏼
    FET 4: 7/30/20, Beta 1:66    Beta 2: 110...Ectopic pregnancy @ 6 weeks with Male (transferred 1)
    FET 5: 11/18/20, Beta 1: 97 Beta 2: 384 Beta 3: 1010....Miscarriage @ 7 weeks with Female (transferred 1)
    FET 6: 3/9/21 - Canceled due to poor lining response
    FET 6.5: 7/28/21 - Beta 1: 21.5  Beta 2: 31.4   Beta 3:  28 - Chemical pregnancy, Female (transferred 1)
    FET 7: 12/8/21 - Beta 1: 9   Beta 2:        - Chemical pregnancy, Male+? (transferred 2)
  • @ladyp0tter Wow! Great lining! Fingers crossed for you  <3
  • @ashleyhj29 and @LadyPotter congrats to you both on the green light for transfer! So exciting! 

@msldyc23 how was the procedure? Hope you’re feeling well! 

AFM .. 
    I am officially PUPO - as they say - as of today. I was stressing all night over putting in 1 vs. 2 embryos and when I got in they said only 1 was mature enough - so it was out of my hands, which was probably for the best. On my 2ww now, and I assume I will not be able to wait until the blood test and will test at home some time next week. Does anyone actually wait for the blood test? Lol Was researching all evening and with IVF there’s a 40% chance of success with 1 embryo. I don’t know how anyone ever “accidentally” gets pregnant! 😆 There’s no way. I’m excited but also trying to stay grounded, because I know for so many the first IVF doesn’t always result in a baby. Hope everyone else is doing well! 
  • Hi Ladies, hope you all are doing well and staying safe. 

@kam174 congrats on your transfer how are you feeling? & thanks for the endometrium tip!! What other meds do you have to continue?  

AFM,

My hysteroscopy surgery went well... I had minor cramping and slight spotting for a few days. I have another baseline appointment scheduled for tomorrow. If all looks well my RE said I can proceed w/ the transfer cycle. 

I’ve been researching the success rate of a FET after having a hysteroscopy, & I’m wondering if I should allow my body (uterus) time to heal; especially since I have only 1 normal PGS tested embryo.

37F, DH36
    Low AMH, Mild Adenomyosis, Breast Cancer Survivor
    IVF#1 10/24/18 ER 15R, 10M, 7F, 2 BLAST, 1 D5: BB boy (PGT)
    FET#1 12/08/20 cancelled due to lining

FET#2 February 2021 BFN

IVF#2-4 2021 Antagonist Protocol cancelled, poor responder and high estrogen 

IVF#5 December 2021 Micro Dose Lupron Protocol, 7ER, 2M, 2F, 2BLAST, 2PGT, abnormal

IVF#6 January 2022 Micro Dose Lupron Protocol, cancelled, poor responder

• @msldyc23 glad to hear your hysteroscopy went well! I had one just before my FET and I didn’t even think about the idea of letting things heal 😬 but my doctor seemed to think it was fine. Maybe double check with your doctor to make sure? 

AFM - I’m taking endometrin and estrogen pills. I mostly don’t feel any different. I just started to feel slightly crampy this evening, but my period is also due on Thursday. My beta is Friday. The timing of all these things is so cruel. I’m weighing the pros and cons of doing an at home test on Wednesday, which would be exactly 8 days after the transfer. I’m open to tips / yays or nays from anyone as far as testing at home. 
  • Held out testing at home until this morning. Went for my beta at 8am and came home to pee on a stick... FRER was a BFN. Still waiting on my call from the office but incredibly discouraged as this was a PGS tested normal embryo and I had an extra day of PIO thanks to the ERA. Seemed like everything was in-line to work... has anyone had this happen before?  Why would a PGS normal embryo not implant with good lining and an ERA?
  • @emilynoel810  I will be in your shoes this Friday. I want to say that home tests are not always accurate and “it’s not over till it’s over!” (In fact, FWIW, my friend who went through IVF took a test the morning of her beta and it was BFN, but bloodwork was BFP!) But I know none of that will probably make you feel better right now. So I’ll just say that my fingers are crossed for you and I’m wishing that you get a positive call later this afternoon! 
  • @emilynoel810 I agree with @kam174 It’s not over yet. It might be bad test, or embryo took it time to implant and numbers are at undetectable level. Hopefully you’ll get a “good” phone call
  • Thanks @kam174 and @dukie001, unfortunately, my test was correct, my beta was negative. This was my second failed FET.  I have a meeting with my RE on Friday to discuss what happened given that this was a normal embryo and we did the ERA.  I'm just so sick of this at this point. Going into the holidays and remembering that a year ago we were in this same position is so discouraging.  I was so hopeful, figuring that IVF would be hard but that everyone I know who had done it had had success and that it would be the answer were looking for, and here was are a year later...  
  • @emilynoel810 I am so sorry girl :( I know how hard it is. I'm on transfer #5 and 2 years in...don't give up hope!

TTC #1 since 2017

IVF Journey:

Changed Clinics
    FET 3: 3/9/20, Beta #1, 37, Beta #2, 26, Beta #3 51 - Chemical pregnancy (transferred 2)

FET 4: 7/30/20, Beta 1:66    Beta 2: 110...Ectopic pregnancy @ 6 weeks with Male (transferred 1)
    FET 5: 11/18/20, Beta 1: 97 Beta 2: 384 Beta 3: 1010....Miscarriage @ 7 weeks with Female (transferred 1)
    FET 6.5: 7/28/21 - Beta 1: 21.5  Beta 2: 31.4   Beta 3:  28 - Chemical pregnancy, Female (transferred 1)
    FET 7: 12/8/21 - Beta 1: 9   Beta 2:        - Chemical pregnancy, Male+? (transferred 2)
  • @emilynoel810 So sorry to hear it. I know how hard it is to go through bad news and nothing we say will make it better. ❤️ take some time for yourself to gather thought and feelings. Do you have any embryos left to start another cycle?
  • @emilynoel810 I’m so sorry. This whole process can be so heartbreaking 😞 
  • @emilynoel810 I'm so sorry. IVF feels merciless at times. Try to stay positive for the future but don't deny your feelings in the moment. There's so much about this process that sucks and it's ok to say so. We're here to support you while you think about your next steps.

I have no idea on the statistics of PGS normal embryos but it seems like you did everything you could with genetic testing and an ERA. For your next cycle will you need a FET or another ER?
  • @emilynoel810 - that really stinks. I’m sorry. Do you have Endo by any chance? (Sorry I’m only on here via mobile so I can’t see signatures). If so maybe a Lupron protocol pre transfer could help. Maybe add a blood thinner like Lovenox. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• I’m still waiting for AF. Usually would have gotten it yesterday or today but hopefully tomorrow. Sorry I haven’t been overly active thus far - I get no time during the day and evenings are hit and miss. 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• Doctor called this afternoon and said my progesterone is too low, even though I’m doing 4 endometrin pills / day. She wants to switch me over to the oil injections. I’m at a 7 and they want at least a 10. It’s my first round so I don’t really know what any of it means. Of course I immediately took to Google and apparently low progesterone is not good 😞 Hoping the injections bring the number up. Has anyone had experience with low progesterone after a transfer? Give me some good news here 🙏🏻
  • @kam174, @jwatt5, @qtpie8711, @dukie001 Thank you everyone for your sweet, comforting words. It really does help to have people on here who know what this whole process is about. Thankfully, we have 3 more PGS normal embryos from this ER.  I don't have endo, but maybe I should ask about Lupron? What does it do? I am on Lovenox already since I have clotting risk factors.  One thing I did notice, was that the embryo they chose to transfer had the highest mitoscore of all our normals (24.something), and apparently lower mitoscores are better. Our other three have mitoscores around 15. Anyone know how much of a difference that makes? We told them we didn't want to pick gender, and to just pick the "best embryo" so not sure why they chose this one... maybe morphology.
  • @emilynoel810 - a long lupron protocol basically puts you in to menopause to calm your endo down before transfer to make it more likely your body of attack the embryo. If you don't have endo you wont need to do that (and believe me you dont want to if you dont have to - I was on Lupron for 6m and it sucked).
    At the end of the day sometimes it just doesn't work despite the PGS testing. Try not to over think it too much. Like you said, youve still got 3 left - this failed transfer doesn't mean the rest will fail, there's still lots of good hope!
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @kam174 - vaginal suppositories don't register as much in blood as PIO injections. I read some studies where they talk how suppositories reflect way more directly in uterus, but it's harder to check with a blood test.
    I also had really low numbers while on Crinone with my first pregnancy, but my doctor didn't care. With my most recent transfer they never even bothered to check my levels (on Crinone again). Honestly, the one unsuccessful transfer that I had was while using PIO  :#, so I consider vaginal suppositories to be my lucky charm  :D
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My story in signature spoiler. Children mentioned.
    Me: 37 DH: 45
    I don't produce FSH, so no natural menstrual cycle. DH has reduced morphology.
    Summer 2014 IUI (with first husband): cancelled after almost a month of stims due to too many follicles
    Time off to divorce, get back on my feet, find a new hubby and get married again 💑
    March 2017 IVF#1: ~70 follicles, 13R, 10M, 7F, 3B = 2 PGS Normal (both XY) - no transfer due to ohss
    Sept 2017 FET#1: BFP, Beta#1 (10dpt) - 253, Beta#2 (12dpt) - 528, DS born 05/31/2018 👨‍👩‍👦
    Dec 2019 FET#2: BFN
    Changed clinic, planning March 2020 IVF#2 - postponed due to the pandemic
    April 2020 IVF #2: ~30 follicles, 24R, 12M, 8F, 4B = 2XY & 2XX, all normal  <3
    Sept 2020 FET#3: one XX embryo, BFP, Beta#1 (9dpt) - 161, Beta#2 (11dpt) - 519, Beta#3 (19dpt) - 7174, Due date 05/30/2021
    DD born 05/23/2021 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 - My family is now complete <3
  • car1167car1167 member
    edited November 2020
    @emilynoel810 I am nervous about this this too. If an embryo makes it all the way from a follicle to testing positive, and the lining is good. There is still no guarantee it will implant. That’s what is most frustrating I think- everything can be “in-line” and still not work. I have prepared myself for this reality, but I haven’t been in that position yet- still waiting on PGT results of my 5 embryos... Hang in there!
    Me: 39   SO: 34
    TTC #1 since 2019
    Dx: DOR

IVF Journey:
    EF #1: 10/18; 6R FROZEN
    ER #1: 11/8/20; 7R. (Folded in Frozen from 2018)
                13R/9M/8F/5Emb; PGS: 5Abn
  • @FuzzyDust that’s good to know, and made me laugh! Thank you!! 😆 I messaged my nurses and (so dramatically) asked if it was all over because of low progesterone, and they said no way, that I’m close to the number they strive for, the injections will just be a little extra precaution to help my body along 🤷🏼‍♀️ That’s what I get for Googling! Of course today I found a tiny bit of spotting  - and Googled, and it’s either implantation or I’m dying 🤦🏼‍♀️ Learn from my mistakes friends - stay off of Google!!! 😆 It’s a terrible place! 
  • Did my first progesterone shot last night. Just woke up and pretty sure I have the start of my period 😞 It’s due Thursday, and Beta is Friday. I know it’s not over till the blood test, and part of me really thought it would work this time. But this sucks. 
  • @car1167 Good luck with testing your embabies! When do you get your results? I am anxious to see what my doctor says on Friday about what, if anything, they can attribute it not working to.  I'll let you know.  Have you done any previous transfers before you PGS tested?

@kam174 Hang in there! I've heard from a lot of women who have had pretty significant bleeding and still been pregnant. Have you decided to do an at-home test?
  • @emilynoel810 thank you! I called my doctor and she said keep taking the meds, so we will see. My original plan was to test this morning but I may just hold out until the real test Friday. I don’t think either result from a HPT will put me at ease at this point. 
  • @emilynoel810 so I have never done a transfer. I did an egg freeze in Fall 2018 that’s was only intended as a freeze, as the SO and I weren’t in a place to take the next step. But with my age progressing, and with a diminished reserve, I figured I might as well start the collection process. 
    My consult is 12/3 so I should have the PGT results then, and hopefully can begin a FET process the very next cycle...
    Me: 39   SO: 34
    TTC #1 since 2019
    Dx: DOR

IVF Journey:
    EF #1: 10/18; 6R FROZEN
    ER #1: 11/8/20; 7R. (Folded in Frozen from 2018)
                13R/9M/8F/5Emb; PGS: 5Abn
  • Decided to do an HPT this morning and it was a BFN 😕 blood work is tomorrow, but now at least I’m more prepared for the outcome of it. I know it could still be positive with bloodwork (happened to my friend, and I’m sure a lot of others) but I don’t want to get my hopes up. At least if there’s a next round, I can push for 2 embryos to be transferred - which I had wanted to do with this round lol it supposedly ups the chances of pregnancy to 60%. I am still bleeding, but not full flow period. You ladies that have done this 2ww thing multiple times are warriors!!! 👏🏻  It really messes with you in every aspect - physical, mental, emotional. Hope everyone else has better news today! 💕 
  • dukie001dukie001 member
    edited November 2020
    @kam174 Sorry to hear it. And you are right, all this IF sh#%t can really mess up the head. It’s good that you are ready to jump right in the next cycle. And again there is still hope for positive ❤️
  • @kam174, I'm so sorry. I know how you feel. It is so hard to imagine another TWW when you have just been through one, and no words make it feel any better or can make it any easier.  Looking at going into my third FET now, I am amazed at how resilient our minds and bodies can be. You will heal and you will do it again because that is what we do. 

AFM: I have my meeting with my RE tomorrow morning to talk about whats next and why this cycle might not have worked, even with the PGS normal embryo and the ERA, lovenox etc... I am trying to make a list of questions to ask.  Anyone have any advice on things I should ask about? Dietary changes? Autoimmunity issues? Going right in to the next transfer or waiting to let my body reset?
  • @kam174 Ugh, I feel you. I'm sorry you're going through this, and I hate to say it, but each time it happens, it doesn't get easier. But you are an IVF Warrior! You are STRONG!

AFM: Everything went well with transfer #5 yesterday. Now the TWW. Luckily, I leave for FL on Saturday for a week, so I'll have a nice relaxing distraction...not sure if I'll test early or wait til my beta on Friday. 
    Would you test early if you were on vaca or just wait?
    TTC #1 since 2017

IVF Journey:

Changed Clinics