Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
FTM/STM/STM+:
Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
Upcoming appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up?

Re: Weekly Check-in *** Week of 11/9

• Loading the player...
  • whitealbum29whitealbum29 member
    edited November 2020
    @hp242 I can't decide if time seems slow right now or if I'm like "OMG I only have 9ish weeks left, how did this happen??" It seems to vary and always feels like one or the other.
    @amm126 Glad you haven't been going in and that your boss isn't pushing it!
    @oaktree6 Ugh sorry about all the discomfort! Glad the baby is giving you lots of good movement to enjoy though...I'm always so appreciative when I feel a big one or a bunch of them!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 31+4, 1/8
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Romaine lettuce
    Upcoming appointments: 11/19
    How are you feeling?: Can't really complain...getting into/out of/comfortable in bed is a big production but managing. 
    Rants/Raves: We had a Zoom baby care class last night through the group where we're also doing breastfeeding and childbirth classes in a couple weeks, I feel like I learned some good diapering info.
    Questions: Has everyone been taking calcium supplements? There's only a tiny bit in my prenatal so I was told to take them and also try to get enough calcium from food which I think I do some days but not always. I'm diligent about prenatals but less so about calcium b/c the ones H got for me a few months ago are kind of icky to me. (I know, why don't I just get some different ones....great question)
    GTKY: When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up? Always a writer, and I did become one but a different kind than I pictured...I write about the news/politics online instead of novels/short stories/screenplays. 
  • @whitealbum29 do you like tums? double bonus that they help with the heartburn and calcium intake! 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/28, 28+5
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a loaf of wonder bread apparently 
    Upcoming appointments: 11/18
    How are you feeling?: I have little to no appetite and I'm just eating whatever sounds halfway decent which is usually random and generally not the healthiest. I get out of breath easily essp if I bend over!
    Rants/Raves: I passed my 1 hour glucose test! We were pretty successful getting a lot of things cleared out of the guest room / nursery this past weekend. Our painter is coming to paint next Saturday so things are getting real! My toddler is giving us a run for our money and last night I just cried with her because I couldn't take it anymore. 
    Questions: none right now
    GTKY: When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a librarian for awhile which I actually think now would probably be a terrible fit for me. 
    Me: 36 DH:41
    DD born 1/3/2019
    EDD for #2 1/28/2021
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  32w
    FTM/STM/STM+:  FTM
    Team:  Green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:  a pomelo 
    How are you feeling?:  Pretty sure I'm snoring at night and DH either isn't telling me or is sleeping through it. Also, my sleep continues to be fitful. Heartburn/acid reflux has significantly decreased over the last couple weeks. Knock on wood I've somehow managed it out of my diet or otherwise am just lucky. It was hell when it was present. 
    Rants/Raves:  I think I'm feeling a pregnancy high. I feel way more perky and happy than usual and want to blame it on a rush of oxytocin. Maybe it's also the cake from our 10 year anniversary. Had a really nice celebration and feeling all-around great and ready for this baby (but then again not, in the sense that we still don't have many baby things). 
    GTKY: a teacher

@whitealbum29 Not taking calcium, but pretty sure I'm in no risk of being deficient. See, when my Dr. told me early on that this was a common pregnancy deficiency, I took that as my invitation to eat all the cheese, yogurt, dairy, etc. that I could. Also, I regularly eat leafy greens which is another good source. Oh yes, and second the tums! Although I've been off of those lately, since, yay, no heartburn. 

@briemo congrats on graduating college! I'm feeling you a bit with wondering whether to have someone here to help. My mom is debating whether to join in the birthing room (still need to find out if allowed). Because they'll administer covid tests, as long as she's negative, she wants to help for a period. Which I think would be great, but DH is leaning more towards wanting just the two of us to have time with the newborn. Not sure what we'll end up deciding yet. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/10, 31w3d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Asparagus; all 5 senses are fully developed.

Upcoming appointments: Next Wednesday for growth scan

How are you feeling?: I’ve been having trouble sleeping, but I’m getting used to that and am able to rally during the day. I also have to pee every time I stand.

Rants/Raves: I’ve been a little MIA because my husband’s 10-year-old laptop that I was using died. It had a good run and now I’m using his 8-year-old iPad until I get my new laptop. I basically like to run things into the ground.

I have a bit of senioritis at work. 

My daughter has been testing my patience lately at bedtime, but my husband and I spoke about it today and came up with a game plan that we did tonight, and it sort of worked. Might need to tweak that a little because she still tested boundaries (toddlers gonna toddler) and she went to bed later than I wanted :\

I love feeling all of the movement.

Questions:

GTKY: When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up? An actress. Now I’m a medical editor at an advertising agency.

@amm126 Sorry to hear about your allergies. We’ve had some weirdly warm days too, but that all ends tomorrow. I’m glad you haven’t had to go to the office!

@lacroixliz I hear you about toddlers! I keep trying to tell myself it’s just a phase...it is rough. 

• Hey sorry I'm late!
    28+4 today 💚#3
    Checkup and glucose test tomorrow

I've been having some tummy troubles this week but nothing to crazy. Lack of sleep due to homework and DH/dog waking me up. Last night I justed my weighted blanket and I think it really helped, but I woke up with a sore hip from staying on one side too long 😂 can't win I guess

Both girls are in a daddy phase so I feel useless trying to help get them ready for the day

I'm invited to another Usborn book Facebook party 😂 I know too many people that sell. It's fine though because I love the books and need some more for Christmas gifts.

Gtky: I wanted to be a zoo keeper, then it evolved slightly to veterinarian. I ended up going into engineering, taking a detour to try and get into vet school (didn't work out which ended up fine) and I'm loving my current engineering role.
  • @briemo if someone is willing to come out and help with pets I might take them up on the offer. While I totally get needing space when you first come home (this is what we did) it might be nice if you still had someone to entertain pets and maybe help with food prep. If you think this person will be baby crazy as soon as you get home then maybe politely pass and find someone in the neighborhood or kid of a coworker to help out.
  • @savykay I've been keeping up with my workouts 5 days per week because it keeps me sane. I have to do them at 6am though and after toddler bedtime at 7pm I'm basically useless. I have a very sedentary job and basically sit at my desk (at home) all day long but on weekends if I workout and then do something extra I def pay for it by the end of the day. Maybe try something lower impact just to keep moving? I'm scared if I stop I'll never be able to start again hahaha
    Me: 36 DH:41
    DD born 1/3/2019
    EDD for #2 1/28/2021
    BabyFruit Ticker

• msjaaymsjaay member
    edited November 2020
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 29 + 0

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Pineapple
    Upcoming appointments: 11/19, my first 2 week check-up!
    How are you feeling?: Pretty good, definitely feeling the weight of the baby more. 
    Rants/Raves: 80% of my life is probably in storage right now which is a little chaotic but we really tried to take as few things with us as possible to the apt unless they were necessary. We put our whole bed in storage and just grabbed the mattress. I made these decisions 20 weeks pregnant and didn't quite think about 3rd trimester me trying to get off of a mattress in the floor several times in the middle of the night to pee haha. DH wants to just get a bed frame off of Amazon since it's looking like we won't be moved into a house by January anyway. So, rant for mattress on the floor, rave that I may not have to deal with that for much longer.
    Questions:
    GTKY: When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up? Vet

• @oaktree6We were the same way! I was such a little mommy when I was little and then it turns out that we spent around 12 years after being married deciding whether we wanted to have kids or not haha

@savykay I feel very similar to @lacroixliz and have been trying to stick to my normal schedule of 5 days a week because it keeps me sane and I actually feel worse if I don't move considering I'm pretty sedentary during the work day too. I missed yesterday between work and birth class and I felt awful and swollen and didn't sleep well.

My workouts look very different these days and I'm learning what feels good and what doesn't. I actually do more quick-paced (quick paced for a pregnant lady haha) 20 min workouts with weights, dumbbells, kettle bells etc. I've found out I actually feel better doing that than I do a 3 mile walk just because I'm on my feet for less even though the workout is higher impact. It's kind of a learning experiment for me.
  • @msjaay haha, I share in your bed-on-the-floor struggles. We moved and for the last several weeks have been living with only a mattress. Got rid of our frame with the intention of getting a new one. Have one in mind, but may still be a bit longer before it's here. 3rd tri and getting up and down from laying on the ground is not fun.
    @savykay I have definitely cut back on exercise in the 3rd tri. I don't even try to do aerobic exercise anymore, unless it's walking or hiking. I do try and stand/move much of the day while working. And I do prenatal yoga. 
    @jumpy57 a weighted blanket is a great idea. I'll have to see about getting one.
    @HappyFeet34 Oh wow, guess you're having a 2020 baby! Fingers crossed he comes naturally. 
  • @savykay I still workout 5 days a week. It’s low impact and not what I was doing before but it helps me feel like I’m maintaining some kind of muscle under all this extra weight haha. I do my workouts M-F before work and the school bus arrives.

BFP #1 November 28, 2013 E Born August 3, 2014
  • @lacroixliz I've had a couple of incidents the last couple months where Tums weirdly seem to make me nauseous! I might try those again though, I do generally like the taste better than the other ones. Boohoo sorry to you and your toddler! hopefully the rest of the week was better.
    @briemo congrats on graduating soon!
    @lavenderclouds Oh yeah I keep forgetting to mention, I've definitely started snoring! Hopefully it goes away after pregnancy! Happy anniversary! Re: calcium I do think I probably get a decent amount from food, plain yogurt is one of my weird cravings and I always love cheese....a lot. So maybe I'm okay!
    @happyfeet34 That's exciting there's a plan for when baby is getting here! Hopefully he'll come on his own. 
    @savykay That's good about your state! I'm starting to get really anxious about what January will look like when we're all giving birth. :( Hopefully we all have good protocols in place where we are/at the hospitals/birthing places. I am still working out about 5 times a week or so but often for just like 20-30 mins at a time - yoga, light weights/cardio/pilates, and just walking. Like someone else said a lot of it is for my mental health, I just sit alone at home at a computer all day and am pretty sedentary (not being fairly active all day with kids as I imagine you are!!) so it feels good to move plus to have fake human interaction with the online instructors in the videos. (Sad! Oh 2020.)
    @msjaay OMG getting out of a regular bed is hard enough! I would definitely need help from H every time I had to leave the bed if it were on the floor. 
  • @whitealbum29 & @lavenderclouds there's definitely some turtle on it's back thrashing that happens when I get up to pee  :D