February 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms 11/2

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/2

• Oh and also, PSA... Nestle has edible chocolate fudge brownie cookie dough. Just saying. 🤣🤦🏻‍♀️
  • WildMageletWildMagelet member
    edited November 2020
    @hanfam2021 - So far it's getting better. I've been doing a lot of mindless cleaning/filing/re-organizing (but all stuff I've needed want to get done before I go on maternity leave and wanted to get done before I train my back-up to take over while I'm out) and I'm impressed with the amount I've gotten accomplished by hiding out. Only one day left to go, then perhaps I'll ease back into the social interactions and actual thought-provoking work next week. Re: GD - Really the only thing that I've cut out of my normal diet is bread, but I've gotten by with a 0 net carb bread from Aldi's for when I absolutely want peanut butter toast or a grilled cheese sandwich. Any other other high-carb items I've just cut down on serving size and/or frequency.
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Loading the player...
  • @hanfam2021 I feel you about feeling disappointed with the GD results. Hopefully the 3 hour goes your way, I do know a lot of people who "fail" the one hour but are fine for the 3 hour test. it just depends.
    I was tested for GD at 15 weeks this pregnancy (didn't have it last time but had a GIANT baby), and failed just enough that I have it. I am a perfectionist and spent weeks stressing over numbers and foods, etc and my numbers were always fine and normal with diet control EXCEPT my fasting number. I could never get that under control on my own (i tried changing dinner items, changing my bedtime snack, changing my snack time, waking up in the middle of the night to eat a snack, etc) and my fasting sugar was just always slightly high so now I am on metformin with dinner to regulate my fasting sugar. my dr was like "Sometimes the body just does whatever it wants even when we are doing the right thing". I felt SOOO frustrated with myself, but I honestly did everything I could in my own power and it just is what it is sometimes. The foods you can eat with GD really aren't bad, and It has really helped me to not gain weight this pregnancy because I'm eating healthier and more conciously which in turn has made me feel SOOO much better. With my son, I gained 60 lbs by the end of my pregnancy. This time I'm only up about 10 lbs from my pre preggo weight, feel healthy, and swear half that weight is BOOBS. XD

@roadspeckle a GD thread would be good. I think there are several of us here who are at this point. 
  • @PinkKathryn12 that is GREAT news! So happy for you and your family! 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• @tamalahoops thanks! it definitly helps relieve some of the stress/worry about the next few months since I am the one who is always helping my mom/taking her to appts and such it has been a balancing act on my work schedule with my own OB appts too! so that is a relief on top of the situation
  • @PinkKathryn12 such good news for your mom!!!

We’re starting WW3 over here by telling H’s family we aren’t coming for thanksgiving. We usually rotate holidays between H’s and my family but we’ve always been able to at least make an appearance at both families every holiday (whether they happen to be celebrated at different times/days or just stopping by). It’s just not going to happen this year. We probably could squeeze in both, but Thanksgiving goes to my family this year and I don’t want to cut it short since we’ve barely seen my bothers family due to COVID. We won’t see my family on Christmas so it’s only fair. But his sisters aren’t taking it well and we haven’t told his parents yet. (Both celebrations will be small with immediate family only)
  • @moguippy I feel for you. We're hosting Thanksgiving this year (just IL's, BIL and my dad.) We did the same last year and basically told people "we'll be at home cooking a turkey, everyone is welcome but we are not travelling over Thanksgiving." We still haven't decided on if we'll be inviting anyone over for Christmas or if we'll be travelling after and I'm dreading explaining that to the IL's if we decide not to. 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• I was supposed to travel for Thanksgiving this year, but even without covid we may have skipped due to me being pregnant and uncomfortable in cars. Soo this year will be a weird year but it happens 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • @moguippy I feel you. So far everyone we’ve told has said that they’re understanding, but my mom keeps trying to manipulate the situation and twist my wording around to the point where now she wants to do Thanksgiving, Christmas, and my brothers birthday all next weekend and I’m just not comfortable with that. We aren’t doing either holiday in person with anyone else, you don’t get a 3fer just because you want to do it the week before I hit 3rd tri.
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• @WildMagelet Aldi's is the best! I wish we had one down here but we go when we travel back up north.

@PinkKathryn12 That is awesome about your mom - congratulations!! <3 She must be one tough cookie. For GD: I'm also a perfectionist, but I think at this point I've read so many articles that reassure me it's out of my control that hopefully, it will go smoothly for me, emotions-wise. Given the situation of my 1hr (I didn't eat beforehand and the 182 is super high above the 135 threshold) I feel fairly confident that my body is doing something weird. We'll see what the docs say :) Your doctor sounds awesome, too! That's exactly the right thing to say to someone who's working so hard to do everything right for their baby! Because it totally isn't all in anyone's control, and human bodies are just weird. 
  • Almost walked out of the wireless store today, which would have probably caused us to switch carriers. DH & I have had separate plans for years (just never bothered to consolidate) and in looking at ways to cut expenses for when baby gets here, consolidating our plans into one was a natural choice. My charging port has been going out for a few weeks and I've wanted to get a better cell camera for when baby gets here, but luckily shortly after I started looking I got an upgrade offer for several hundred dollars off a newer phone. We go to the store, they aren't super busy, and they ask what we're there for. "We want to consolidate our plans and I want to buy a new phone." Self explanatory, yes? Apparently not. It turned into this huge deal where because the salesperson didn't hear me say I wanted to get a new phone, so we couldn't use my promotional offer (which was tied to my phone number) to save $ on phone. Dude even legit argued with me over whether or not I stated in the beginning I wanted to get a phone. Literally it came down to because we did the process out of order that he wasn't going to honor the deal. DH was patient and asked what I want to do, at which point I just turned to him and said "Let's just leave, because now I'm mad." (read: hormonal, frustrated, and on the verge of tears). I wasn't going to get shitty and demand to talk to his manager, I just wanted to walk away, calm down, and then deal with someone else.  I'm I could have called their main customer service line or talked to their on-line sales team and got it taken care of and the phone I wanted shipped to me within a week. It was only after we were going to leave the store and I was probably visibly upset that the store manager piped in, said it wouldn't be a problem, and then magically they sell me a phone and get the proper credit applied to our account. All it took was one extra phone call. Like dude, do you want my money or not? 
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*

• @WildMagelet I purchased my current phone two years ago at Best Buy because they had a ridiculous store promotion going on. Suuuuuch a good experience and everything was set up with the cell company for me. I know you are set for now but maybe for next time
  • @WildMagelet I'm so sorry, that's such a shit experience. I'm glad the manager had some more common sense than the salesdude :/ 
  • In better news, my Bob travel system showed up today!! <3 
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*