How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: Who's your celebrity crush?

Re: Weekly Check-In /// Week of 11/2

• 27+1, #3, 💚
    Third trimester!!!! Baby is working on growing brain power
    Appointment next week

Feeling pretty good. Baby is now long enough for me to feel the head hit my hip bone when I get a kick in the ribs 😂😭

Rave: I finished the book Magic Lessons yesterday and loved it!!! On to the next book
    Rant: I was solo parent this morning and I'm pretty grumpy DH did nothing to help organize stuff for this morning (pack daycare bags and set them out). I guess I'll have to specifically ask next time 🙄

Questions: soooo that drive by post was pretty random huh?

Celebrity crush(s):

• @jumpy57 Right??!! I clicked the person's name and saw they posted it on a bunch of different boards...uh no thanks! Now I can't find it, did it get deleted? We should discuss a private group soon, I don't know all the details of making one but if anyone does let me know!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/8, 30+3
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: cantaloupe
    Upcoming appointments: 11/19. Would love it if I had a 30 week one this week but have to wait till 32! :(
    How are you feeling?: Okay, some pelvic pain/pressure but nothing too disruptive. 
    Rants/Raves: We organized our kitchen over the weekend and it feels ready to add baby stuff. 
    Questions: Are Braxton Hicks pretty much a given? Is it unusual if you don't ever have them? When have they started for STM/STM+?
    GTKY: Who's your celebrity crush? Okay so I developed a massive crush on Toby Huss after watching Halt and Catch Fire a few weeks ago. He's not even "the cute one" on the show....I'm blaming pregnancy hormones??
    Other than that Edward Burns is a long-standing crush who comes to mind. 

• Loading the player...
  • @whitealbum29 yeah I think all the spam posts got deleted 😂 also, your celebrity crushes make me feel like I should mature mine a bit

Re Braxton Hicks: just in case you are a weirdo unicron like me... I don't really feel contractions until my water breaks, this means that I also don't really feel Braxton Hicks. If I'm paying attention I will notice my belly feeling tight/hard if I'm overdoing it or dehydrated and I assume those are Braxton Hicks. I think it's worth mentioning to your Dr that you haven't been feeling them, so either they are really mild or you have a super chill uterus 
  • @jumpy57 haha yours are more normal! I think I've always liked older men tho. :joy: Yeah I will mention to the doctor if I still don't have them when I see her in a couple weeks! My friend who's an ob/gyn just told me FTMs often don't feel them so that's a little reassuring. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/28 27 weeks 4 days
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: team green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: bunch of bananas
    Upcoming appointments: I had one today, check up, glucose screening and tDap. Next appointment is in a month.
    How are you feeling?: Eh. Tired, pregnant. 
    Rants/Raves: the outbreak at my work is even worse, I asked about working mostly from home until this slows down, but my boss still wants me there a couple days per week to make sure nothing falls through the cracks. On top of everything, my son's daycare closed indefinitely due to COVID related impacts. It's been a year, and I'm over it. 
    Questions: 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 29w2d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: 💙

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
    a guinea pig 

Upcoming appointments: 11/4 ultrasound!

How are you feeling?: a bit tired..feel good at the gym but by the end of the day everything hurts 😅

Rants/Raves:
    ready for the election to be overrrrr &
    also I’ll be 31 on Saturday 🙈 where does time gooooo

Questions: can’t think of any now but I’m sure I will later on in the week! 

Paul Walker 💔
    now Sam Hunt 
  • @briemo I was so excited for election crap to be over tomorrow before I realized it might take extra time to vote count 😭 (totally for voting and the system, sick and tired of the ads and constant spam mail and calls)
  • @jumpy57 1000% agree! 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    31 weeks, 1/4

FTM/STM/STM+:
    STM+

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
    Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
    Asparagus (but apparently he’s way bigger)

Upcoming appointments:
    MFM appointment on Wednesday to check fluid levels

How are you feeling?:
    pregnancy wise, I’m fine. He moves so much and is so aggressive it hurts. My first was like this, I hardly felt my second but I had my placenta as a buffer. I forgot how painful it can be. 

Rants/Raves:
    counting down

Questions:
    none

Chris Hemsworth

@whitealbum29 I didn’t feel BH with my first pregnancy. If they happened I didn’t notice. I still progressed just fine. Felt them starting at 19 weeks with my second. She ironically came later than the first but a much shorter labor. Feel them more with this guy. I think I either just didn’t know what I was looking for or they were mild with my first. 

I also didn’t really have after pains with my first, they were pretty awful with my second. I’m told they will also be more intense this time. 

BFP #1 November 28, 2013 E Born August 3, 2014
  • @whitealbum29 Re: Braxton Hicks- I didn’t feel them in my first pregnancy either. Also, not sure if I didn’t know what I was feeling for or if they were just weak. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 20, 2021/ 28w5d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: An eggplant

Upcoming appointments: OB this Thursday to book my c section! I’m under the care of midwives for everything other than the c section itself. My next appointment with them is next Tuesday. 

How are you feeling?: Feeling good other than... wait for it... my achey pelvis. Haha Broken record over here. Luckily I’m starting to have some relief from my chiropractor appointments. New symptom this week is an achey pubic bone! I’m sure it’s related to my pelvis being out of place. That’s a first for me though. Google says I can apply ice. Don’t mind me... just icing my bits. Oh pregnancy. Lol 

Rants/Raves: I feel like the second I entered my third trimester I started having some insomnia. Generally speaking I’ve been sleeping much better this time than in my first pregnancy. Last time I got way too in my head about which position I should be in, which pillow configuration worked for me etc etc. This time I just sleep however feels right, no extra pillows or forcing myself to sleep on my left side. I feel like my body will tell me if I’m in a position that is unsafe. Anyway, even with this sleep progress I was awake to see 12am, 1am, 2am a couple times this week. 

Questions: Anyone else dreading getting dressed these days? Can I just be braless and pant-less until January please? 

GTKY: Who's your celebrity crush? I’m drawing a blank... I must not be crushing on anyone too hard these days...
  • @whitealbum29 I didn’t feel them with my first, mostly because I don’t think I realized what they were or how they felt. Now even with my 5th, I have to sort of be paying attention to notice, (for me) they’re not painful, or even really uncomfortable, just a mild tightening. 

@amm126 I’m sorry they’re still asking to work in office when 1.You are in an at risk category 2.Cases are rising and 3.Your sons daycare has closed. It’s obviously up to you, and you know your comfort level/work situation/bosses, but I would say, if the time comes, whether that’s now or later, don’t be afraid to fight for what you feel is best and advocate for what you need if that’s staying at home. Things “falling through the cracks” is their responsibility, that’s not on you. Your priority is your/baby’s health (and obviously keeping a job-I get that too!)

@briemo Happy early birthday!!!

@oaktree6 ditto on the aches and bits icing. 😂😬 
    1st BFP 6/7/10 premature delivery and loss at 22w2d on 10/4/10
    2nd BFP 10/10/11, EDD 6/2/12,natural m/c 10/13/11 at 6w5d
    3rd BFP 12/25/11, DD born 8/31/12
    4th BFP 1/3/14, DD born 9/5/14
    5th BFP 11/15, DS born 7/24/16
    6th BFP 7/14/16, EDD 3/20/18

• carleym93carleym93 member
    edited November 2020
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 28+6, 1/20

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Eggplant

Upcoming appointments: Visit on 11/12 and U/S 11/13

How are you feeling?: Large 😂

Rants/Raves: Thank God election day is ending!! I have been so spammed with mail and phone calls and ridiculous social media posts. 

Questions: Does daylight savings completely screw up anyone else’s kids or just mine? 

GTKY: Who's your celebrity crush? Also have a massive James Franco crush
  • @jumpy57 Dang it I missed the drive by!! What was it? 

@whitealbum29 Weirdly enough I felt a lot of BH with my first and less with #2 and even less now with #3. I don’t think that’s the norm though. You’re probably just not feeling them but it’s possible you will in the next few weeks. 

@amm126 With you. Its been a year. Sorry about your work situation, that sounds super stressful. My H just got his second COVID related pay cut since March and its been rough. 

@briemo Happy early birthday!! 

@HappyFeet34 I also had really intense after birth pains and breastfeeding cramps with #2 and I was told the same thing, they’re worse with each baby. Lord help me 😂 

@oaktree6 Yay for official baby birthday scheduling!! That’s exciting! Sorry you’re still dealing with the pelvic pain ☹️ Also with you on the clothes, my maternity pants are getting snug and I’m like weeeeell guess this means no pants until he is born. 

@savykay Glad you’re feeling good! ❤️

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  Jan 5; 31w
    Team: Green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a head of lettuce? I could have sworn it was this size several weeks ago.
    Upcoming appointments: Checkup this Thurs. Finally found out I passed the glucose test at the appt 3 weeks ago. That was a very delayed test announcement. 
    How are you feeling?:  Finding ways to manage the acid reflux, which is good. Because that was intense for my first couple weeks of the third tri. So far, taking one tums when I feel the onset has seemed to work. And if it happens at night, I have to sleep upright. Bc the tums solution seems to work and it only occurs about once every 3 days, I'm not so worried about adjusting my diet yet, but we'll see. Though I can't see myself giving up my morning coffee, no way. 
    Rants/Raves:  I was so good about working out most of pregnancy and then third tri hit. Luckily, I've picked up prenatal yoga. But I don't do workouts that get my heartrate up anymore. Somewhat due to laziness, feeling large, not having a good workout space in this new place, and making excuses that yoga is my workout. Oh well. I'm kind of ok with not running or doing aerobics anymore. But then part of me feels like I need to move more.
    Questions: How are you all experiencing working out entering the third tri?
    Benedict Cumberbatch

• @whitealbum29 I'm not feeling braxton hicks either. I guess there's a growing consensus on this board that FTMs might not feel them as often. 
    @amm126 oh no re worsening outbreak! It seems to be ramping up almost everywhere again. 
    @oaktree6 I hear you about being braless, but I've essentially boycotted bras since the quarantine. I swear I would have lost my lunch every day during 1st tri if I wore a bra. And I have generally gotten away with not wearing one most days since -- thank you WFT zoom shoulders up, lol. The casual dress and lounging from home have definitely been the biggest perks from the quarantine pregnancy. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 28w6d 1/20/21
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM+
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink!
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: eggplant
    Upcoming appointments: I just had one last week for the glucose test, I passed! Next one at the end of this month
    How are you feeling?: pretty good, baby is definitely getting bigger and gets stuck in some uncomfortable spots for me sometimes. Benadryl is helping me sleep a bit so that’s good. 
    Rants/Raves: I’m still congested and having a lot of drainage so that can go away any day now. I’m definitely slowing down in my workouts but that’s okay. I’m still slightly ragey I’m still gaining so much even with working out so much this time around but oh well I guess!
    Questions:
    GTKY: Who's your celebrity crush? Ryan Reynolds! Or George Clooney 

@oaktree6 I had horrible pelvic pain the last few weeks with my 2nd. I hope it subsided for you soon!!
  • @lavenderclouds 😂 for aerobic exercise I walk briskly. During pregnancy first trimester usually knocks me on my ass and I just don't recover well. Walking and yoga are all I have energy for. Not pregnant me loves weights, trail running, and biking

@carleym93 it was a random person that made a birth announcement thread and wanted a list of lots of details... She posted it on like alllll the BMBs so I think the Bump must have deleted everything
  • @whitealbum29 I don't really know the details of making a private group but agree we should start talking about one.  Also I'm a couple weeks behind you but I haven't noticed any BH's either.
    @amm126 Sorry that the outbreak is getting worse.  Have you talked to your doc about working from home?  When my office was pushing to have people come back in the summer I had a doctors note that i was to work from home as long as my job allows it.
    @briemo I was up looking at the state of the election at 2am and 5am to see how it was going and I don't even live in the US... its dominating the news/social media in Canada too.
    @oaktree6 ooo exciting that you'll have a real date to go with!
    @carleym93 FTM here so daylight savings doesn't screw up kids in my house, but it totally screws me up every time.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 28 weeks!
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A rollerskate
    Upcoming appointments: Flu shot/tdap earlier this week at my family doc.  Ultrasound today to check if the placenta has moved.  Have to go to the lab for the glucose test early next week.
    How are you feeling?: Still big, a little headachy in the mornings but is usually goes away after a lot of water.
    Rants/Raves: I'm starting to go stir crazy since I can't go to the gym and its been cold the last few weeks and dark basically as soon as I'm done work so its been hard to get out walking. Most at home activity options are off the table too so I'm hoping the previa has resolved after today and I can resume semi-normal life.
    Questions: Not this week.
    GTKY: Who's your celebrity crush?  Drawing a blank   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • whitealbum29whitealbum29 member
    edited November 2020
    @HappyFeet34 @oaktree6 @lavenderclouds @carleym93 @savykay @hp242 Thanks for the BH feedback! Now two days later I feel like I actually do have a new kind of feeling that happens at weird intervals -- not really painful but just some pressure sometimes. So maybe that's them....but either way I'm less worried about it. 
    @amm126 Ugh so sorry about the outbreak at work and your son's daycare. You should not be getting pressured to come in when you're 8 months pregnant during an outbreak! Agree with Savykay, I think you mentioned that a lot of other people at work have been commenting that they're worried about you being there, maybe they could help advocate for you? Even without taking basic empathy into account, your boss does not seem to be thinking this through - this is not a risk that it's even in their interest to take...a lot of things could fall through the cracks if you become sick so better to protect you as much as possible! 
    @briemo happy almost birthday! I always start telling myself a few months ahead of time that I'm about to turn a year older than I actually am, that way the birthday arrives and I'm like "Oh cool I'm actually not 38 for another year!" :joy: It helps.
    @oaktree6 I can't see myself ever wearing a regular underwire bra again after being at home for 8 months. (Honestly I'm too flat chested to really need them anyway!) Wearing jeans again regularly, eventually, is going to be an adjustment!
    @lavenderclouds I have times when I mostly do yoga too and I often limit it to like 30 minutes (even though I love yoga...in quarantine I often don't seem to have the attention span to do a full 60-90min class like I would in the real world.) I try to do this weight/cardio/pilates-ish program called Fit Pregnancy Club a couple times a week but that I also tend to do for just 20-30mins and should really do their 45 min classes instead. I'm worried about getting to delivery and not feeling very strong, even though I know it will be hard even with a lot of exercise. But, yoga and prenatal yoga are definitely beneficial I think and I think any movement helps with circulation/reducing swelling!

Hope everyone is dealing with continuing election stress okay!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 28+0
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Eggplant
    Upcoming appointments: I've moved to every 2 weeks now, whooo boy that makes it feel a lot more real. My next one is 11/18
    How are you feeling?: Still pretty good. Just a lot of pelvic heaviness at this point.
    Rants/Raves: Rave is they brought up induction at my appt on Wednesday due to my age and umbilical cord but thankfully the doctor was like, that's MFM's call in the end and if the baby keeps measuring well and you're okay waiting, it's your choice. She even told me to talk it over with my doula. I felt really heard and supported which was nice.

Rant is that we finally pulled out of our gym. We were only going a couple of days a week and doing the remainder of our workouts at home, but they'll probably start closing the garage doors soon which will restrict airflow and our local case counts are getting higher. It just felt like the right thing to do but at the same time, being in my 3rd tri and working out outside, in the cold/dark, in the parking lot of our apartment, is not the most fun I've ever had haha. I'm glad I can still keep moving but it's just a lot more inconvenient.. and cold. Again 
    :D 
    Questions: